Warriors vs Celtics….who wins the NBA title?

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Yep I had GS -4 for the game & thought about adding more at the half. I didn’t pull the trigger & now I’m kicking myself in the ass! Their defense was great the 2nd half!

Heim

EOG Master
If you look at the metrics, Poole is a close second to Curry in playoff effectiveness.

Think about that if you think GSW has a chance.

boston massacre

EOG Master
what do you label Railbird? Do you agree with his racist comments?

Don't Have A Label To Put On Him.

Democrats Called Trump A Racist His Whole Term.

Why Did They Call Trump A Racist ?

Nothing Racist About Trump.

People Who Call Railbird A Racist , Don't Step Up And Defend Somebody Who Is Not A Racist, But Is Called A Racist.

They Don't Step Up, Because They Want The Racist Label To Stick To That Person.

Even Though The Person is Not A Racist.

Do you agree with his racist comments?

Don't Agree With This.

1654488244075.png

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Nice to see the phantom fouls on Boston.

Where is the integrity at?

Yeah some of those were pretty bad. It's like if GS got close to the basket the whistle blew.

No difference in this game but that 2nd personal foul on Brown for example, he literally never touched him.

Hoping in Boston they let them play a little more.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
i expect the mastermind brad stevens will be heavily involved in the gameplanning for G3 and G4 back in Boston.

C's must hold serve in both games IMO to have a real chance now to win the series. if they split and come back 2-2, then it's a best of 3 with two of those in San Francisco and that is too tall an order IMO.

winning in Milwaukee against a shorthanded Bucks team coming off last year's championship run deep into July is one thing, but beating this GS squad on the road in G5 and/or G7 is a completely different animal.

Heim

EOG Master
Draymond is all-time 10th in # of assists in the NBA Finals.

I get that, but he's a zero threat from the perimeter enabling his men to clog the lane or help on Curry.

If you look at the metrics, they're better offensively with Poole or Payton in,when they go small.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Lol at Tatum +/- at -36.

Decent game I guess. Bunch of turnovers early
forcing things. I think the criticism re GM1 affected
his game.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
If nothing else Green is definitely an instigator, very good at it. He's trying to get in the head of some of the Celtic young'uns.

I think what they talked about on the telecast is bullshit......

Green gets an early tech then he knows he can basically do anything but pull a knife and rob someone at half court without getting a 2nd tech.

Benefit of the doubt to keep a star in the game? Sure. A free pass to go blatantly way overboard and get away with things no one else can? Bullshit.

Green's a guy you don't really like if he doesn't play for your side and offensively starting to look like Rodman......

But I do respect he plays hard, plays team ball and through a long career still REALLY wants to win.

I'm sure he's a great influence on some of the young guys and their self-absorbed mindset on 'branding'. :rolleyes:

Boston in 7.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Boston in 7, a gutsy call by McIrish.

I can see Boston in 6 or Golden State in 7.

But one plus for Patrick's prediction of the Celtics winning Game 7 in San Francisco: This young team does nothing the easy way.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
perhaps it's wishful thinking and bias but i have to believe the 72 hour game between tip of game 2 and game 3 would have to help the C's more who seem pretty banged up.
Yes, GS is the more *aged* team but they have not made a playoff run in 3 years while the younger C's have been going to the conference semis and conference finals during that stretch. one would have to think the extra time this week would help the C's heal up, even if just a little.

Heim

EOG Master
The talking heads continually focus on the 'stars'......Wilburn trying to compare Tatum and Brown to Magic/Worthy
and Jordan/Pippen. Silly.

It's the role players that step up and create the difference. Does Boston win it GM1 without Horford?

Does GSW create margin without Poole stepping up GM2?

The series will come down to which ancillary player from which team will step up.

Yes....who is the next Mark 'Mad Dog' Madsen?

Last edited:

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I agree 100 percent with Heim. I think if Gs wins it has to be Thompson or Poole to deliver big performances

The talking heads continually focus on the 'stars'......Wilburn trying to compare Tatum and Brown to Magic/Worthy
and Jordan/Pippen. Silly.

It's the role players that step up and create the difference. Does Boston win it GM1 without Horford?

Does GSW create margin without Poole stepping up GM2?

The series will come down to which ancillary player from which team will step up.

Yes....who is the next Mark 'Mad Dog' Madsen?
I agree 100 percent with Heim. I think if Gs wins it has to be Thompson or Poole to deliver big performances
I took Poole Under 18.5 PRA -125. I don't see a repeat performance back in Boston. I know its cliché but it doesn't mean its not true, these role players have it a lot easier at home.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Does Klay look right to you?

No.

A torn ACL in his left knee and a right Achilles injury have taken their toll on Klay Thompson.

Before the injuries, a younger and healthier Thompson looked like the Energizer bunny, moving without the ball like no one else in the league.

Kind of like Reggie Miller from back in the day or the underrated Richard "Rip" Hamilton, but the difference between Klay and those two old-timers is that Klay, when whole, scored points while simultaneously denying opponents from scoring.

To me, this version of Klay Thompson has been reduced to being a spot-up shooter and even that skill has eluded him this postseason.

Still and all, the Celtics do not want to leave Thompson open for 3.

Former Golden State head coach Mark Jackson was right, when in 2013, he declared Steph Curry and Klay Thompson as the best shooting backcourt in NBA history.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I took Poole Under 18.5 PRA -125. I don't see a repeat performance back in Boston. I know its cliché but it doesn't mean its not true, these role players have it a lot easier at home.

I think it was Phil Jackson who first made the point about NBA role players performing much better at home than on the road.

Makes sense.

Phil Jackson should know.

He was a role player for many seasons for the New York Knicks.

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
Is Kerr still playing?

The coaching edges, in my opinion, are very slight in the 2022 NBA Finals.

Kerr Made A Defensive Switch In Game 2 , That Turned Out To Be Successful .

Took Klay Thompson Off Jaylen Brown.

Took Draymond Green Off Al Hortford.

Put Klay Thompson On Al Hortford. Nice Height Advantage For Hortford.

Put Draymond Green on Jaylen Brown.

Game 1 Of Finals, Hortford Went For 26 and Brown Went For 24

Game 2 Of Finals Hortford Went For 2 and Brown Went For 17.

Game 1 They Combined For 50

Game 2 They Combined For 19

31 Point Difference.

Had Only A Very Slight Impact ?

YA ! OKAY !

How Many Posters Watching The Game NOTICED The Coaching Decision Switch ?

Zero/ My Guess

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Basketball, especially NBA playoff basketball, is a game of adjustments.

Very few secrets at this time of season.

Kerr's defensive switches notwithstanding, the NBA remains a make-or-miss league.

When the Celtics could not hit a shot in third quarter of Game 2 (4-for-17), the game was essentially over.

If you want to praise Kerr for Boston's cold shooting or credit Kerr's strategy for five sloppy turnovers in the quarter, be my guest.

I think the series will be decided by the players on the court, not the coaches on the sideline.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Roll players tend to play much better at home. Kalyan Thompson looks like he hits his stroke about every 3-4 games. If he is not hitting I would play Poole more

boston massacre

EOG Master
Basketball, especially NBA playoff basketball, is a game of adjustments.

Very few secrets at this time of season.

Kerr's defensive switches notwithstanding, the NBA remains a make-or-miss league.

When the Celtics could not hit a shot in third quarter of Game 2 (4-for-17), the game was essentially over.

If you want to praise Kerr for Boston's cold shooting or credit Kerr's strategy for five sloppy turnovers in the quarter, be my guest.

I think the series will be decided by the players on the court, not the coaches on the sideline.

a game of adjustments.

Correct.

And You Need Someone To Make The Correct Ones.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
a game of adjustments.

Correct.

And You Need Someone To Make The Correct Ones.

Here's an in-series NBA playoff angle I like, BM, let's see if you agree.

Team that makes the first significant adjustment (lineup change, pace swap, use of a zone defense, etc.) loses the Best-of-7 series.

#ImposeYourWill

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The above theory is a corollary to a horse racing angle: In a two-horse duel, the jockey who first applies the whip loses the race.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Here's an in-series NBA playoff angle I like, BM, let's see if you agree.

Team that makes the first significant adjustment (lineup change, pace swap, use of a zone defense, etc.) loses the Best-of-7 series.

#ImposeYourWill

significant adjustment (lineup change, pace swap, use of a zone defense, etc.)

I Don't Think You'll See Anything Like That In This Series.

If It Happened, I Wouldn't Have An Opinion On What The Outcome Would Be.

I'll Post A Situation , That I Think Connects With Your Angle.

A Significant Adjustment

The 2018 College Football National Championship Game.

GEORGIA /BAMA

Georgia Up 13-0 At Halftime

Bama Season Long Starting QB Jalen Hurts, Gets Pulled From Game, Start Of 2nd Half.

Freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa Comes In, Puts Up 20 2nd Half Points.

BAMA Wins National Championship 26-23 On Tua's 41 Yard TD Pass In OT.

Is That Comparable To Your Angle ?

Underdog Georgia Imposed Their Will.

BAMA Had To Make Significant Adjustment.

Pulling Starting QB.

Significant Adjustment Leads To National Championship.

Does That Comparison Poke A Whole Into The Angle ?

You Use 2 Examples.

7 Game Series.

A 2 Horse Race.

Using The 2 Horse Race, BAMA Applied The Whip First.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Halftime score in Game 3 of the 2022 NBA Finals: Celtics 68 Warriors 56.

Where's that Golden State defense?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
BM, I wasn't referring to in-game adjustments as much as I was thinking about adjustments within a seven-game NBA series.

One comes to mind when Austin Croshere was inserted into the Pacers lineup in the 2000 NBA Finals and he provided a one-game spark for head coach Larry Bird's team.

However, the move reeked of desperation and sure enough (looking up the series now) the unorthodox move was okay for one game but it wasn't the answer for the entire series.

The Lakers beat the Pacers in six games to win the 2000 NBA Finals.

And while the trick to play small and force Shaq to guard Croshere on the perimeter worked in the short-term, the Lakers were too much in the end.

Croshere in later years served as the poster boy for overpaid, underperforming players in the league.

There are other examples, too.

One quick one from the 2008 NBA postseason.

I remember when LeBron James decided to guard Rajon Rondo in the 2008 Eastern Conference Semifinals.

The Cavs could not solve the Celtics' multi-pronged attack led by superstar Paul Pierce.

The drastic move to have LeBron chase Rondo did not work, either.

If memory serves, Boston dispatched Cleveland in five games.

Heim

EOG Master
Down 11 with 5 left and Kerr has Draymond in. Can't score, John
Williams killing him on ORs.

He's in to set picks? 😅