LIV Golf

Heim

EOG Master
This is starting to remind me of the old ABA and USFL leagues taking players from the established league, only
with a lot more zeros.

Johnson now resigns and takes a 125 million from the Saudi's to play in a few Liv tournaments.

How much did Tiger turn down?

Seven tournaments, 25 million plus in prize money respectively.

Who can blame these guys for leaving the PGA?

PGA is going to have to relax some of their exclusivity rules or they'll lose their big names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I called it early. Posted the PGA should be the "stand by their man" wifey and let them get their dicks wet. Will come back to the Tour fat and sassy. Instead they chose confrontation and you are going to lose if you get into a purse bidding war with those Arabs. So what's going to happen is the PGA will follow my advice past post and allow players to play in both leagues without losing tour status.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If the PGA stays in us or them mode, more players will bolt - a lot and quality. Will turn into another Indianapolis 500 situation.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Looks like the only way to watch it is to stream on u tube or facebook, hard to believe with hundreds of crummy cable channels they couldn't find a TV outlet?

Heim

EOG Master
Curious how much Tiger turned down.

Norman said 9 figures.

I wonder if Nike had something to do with it, contractually.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That will change, Birdie. Younger quality players will look at the money these guys are banking and say gimme some of that. Come on. You think they are going to play in the John Queer Classic for chance at $4 million when they can get $40 million on the Towel Tour? Just put yourself in their shoes. What would you do? Can still play the majors. PGA has no leverage. They needs the top players to play. So you lose nothing. Gain everything.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is Department of Justice and karma. I hope the same thing happens to the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB. Send a message you can't do whatever the fuck you want anymore. You will be punished for stupid moves.

railbird

EOG Master
That will change, Birdie. Younger quality players will look at the money these guys are banking and say gimme some of that. Come on. You think they are going to play in the John Queer Classic for chance at $4 million when they can get $40 million on the Towel Tour? Just put yourself in their shoes. What would you do? Can still play the majors. PGA has no leverage. They needs the top players to play. So you lose nothing. Gain everything.
go to 2hf 31 min mark

READY FREDDY

A Wheelbarrow for my Balls
8 events
3 Rounds per event
48 players per event
Shotgun start
12 teams, (selected by captains), will compete for 5 million, to be split by top three teams.

After seven events, top three players split 30 million, first place gets 18 million.

Season ending Team champion top spot will divide up 16 million.

At the moment, not able to find any betting odds on draftkings or fan duel.

Dustin Johnson's team name is, "4 aces".

mr merlin

EOG Master
Rumors that bryson, patrick reed and fowler are bailing too, the PGA tour better back down or they'll be a shell of a tour. No one likes the tournaments where the top page is all nobodies.

8 events
3 Rounds per event
48 players per event
Shotgun start
12 teams, (selected by captains), will compete for 5 million, to be split by top three teams.

After seven events, top three players split 30 million, first place gets 18 million.

Season ending Team champion top spot will divide up 16 million.

At the moment, not able to find any betting odds on draftkings or fan duel.

Dustin Johnson's team name is, "4 aces".
There it is LIV

mr merlin

EOG Master
I streamed quite a bit of it, thought it was pretty good, I liked the shotgun format. The money is just so huge - even 3rd place makes $1.5 million, plus the team money is quite big - an extra $750K each week to the top team, I expect the PGA tour will lose more guys.

One thing about the PGA tour is all the phony corporate/charity stuff players have to go through, lots of players dont really like having to do that crap, if this LIV tour does not have that it'll be a draw as well.

mr merlin

EOG Master
look at this money - if the winner won twice and won the overall season championship he might make $40 million.

1654799912502.png
1654799940247.png
1654799962193.png

mr merlin

EOG Master
Who are the remaining stars on the PGA tour once the known signups leave? You have rory, spieth, Justin Thomas, keopka, not many draws. Most of the smaller tournies wont get any of those guys, it's gonna hurt them bigtime - up here we have the 3M open - last year the big names they advertised were DJ, sergio, bryson, and oozie - they're all gone.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Rumors that bryson, patrick reed and fowler are bailing too, the PGA tour better back down or they'll be a shell of a tour. No one likes the tournaments where the top page is all nobodies.
These guys and this "group" including many others are likely in lay & wait mode to see how things pan-out.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
My 2 questions are, why is the PGA taking a "you can only play with us stand"? And why does Saudi Arabia want top tier golfers so badly that they a e paying these prices for them? I mean do Saudi Arabians really long for top tier golf that badly or are they jsut trying to find a way to fuck with the western world?

mr merlin

EOG Master
The LIV tour announced they dont want to and dont care if they make money, Maybe the saudi's just have money to burn? I dont think the tough guy act from the PGA tour is going to work, as cheapseats said if things go well with the first few tournaments the little green eyes of envy will pop out, there could be a flood of top players bailing.

They'll look at guys finishing 3 rd or 4th making millions and think "I'm better than he is".

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
LOL, PGA president in a press conference today calls it the Saudi tour.

Is this like the Chinese flu thing?

Little disrespectful....no?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
LOL, PGA president in a press conference today calls it the Saudi tour.

Is this like the Chinese flu thing?

Little disrespectful....no?

In its early days, it was called the Saudi Golf Tour. No pizzazz, so changed to LIV (Roman numeral, signifies the score from par 72 if a birdie was scored on every hole, also it's the number of holes played in each event.)

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Yeah my gut says the PGA should jsut let this be and let it run it's course. Feels like a 2-5 year thing imo if they do soo whereas playign hardball could turn 54 into a longterm success in the end.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Lots of whining on the golf channel, announcers saying they are sad and angry at the same time - one clown said that top golfers are destroying their reputations - which is of course bullshit.

Then i notice they dont show the scores from the LIV tourney, they show scores for every other golf event, apparently their strategy is to pretend it doesn't exist. I thought the golf channel would cover golf instead of being a puppet of the PGA tour.

railbird

EOG Master
pga tour F'ed over Trump by pulling the pga tour from his Jersey Club. notice all the LIV players are Trump fans? DJ,Reed,Bryson, Phil, all huge Trump supporters.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The next defections might be guys like Rose, Day, even koepka, Keopka doesn't enter that many tournaments, the LIV would be perfect for him since he can still play all the majors.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
LIV is on a suicide mission. Their purpose is to steal PGA players and cause chaos. Once that is accomplished, they will fold. Then we get some fun on the backend when all these players who left the PGA beg the PGA to take them back. All you have to do is take a look at the math. There is no chance to make a betting profit - ever.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
PGA completely fucked up. The correct play was to let them get their dick wet with towel money and come back to the Tour fat and sassy.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Like the Kenny Rogers song. Every hands a winner and every hands a loser. The PGA chose to die in their sleep. Let MBS pay your players for you. It's his money not yours! He's doing the Tour a favour! Every single player would have still played in the PGA. There are only 16 LIV events.