Warriors vs Celtics….who wins the NBA title?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
"Celtics in 5" gave no respect to Golden State's back class.

I'm an expert when it comes to postgame analysis.

Never wrong, after the fact.

Haha.

I have some direct interactions with Curry. One year, I followed him around Edgewater Golf Course in the American Century Celebrity golf tourney. He's good. I think he can beat Viejo.

I also predict the series will go at least 6 games. Some advanced math required. but I'm pretty sure about this as well. ;)

Heim

EOG Master
I wish Tatum had Brown's aggressiveness to the hoop. As soon as he senses contact he fades from the hoop. Shot is always short. Brown drives like a freight train.

Heim

EOG Master
Obviously GSW don't win without Curry heroics tonight. Can he continue?

Kenny Smith on NBA TV says no. Because he doesn't overpower you like Lebron, Durant and Giannis. Those guys go to the line 14-15 times a game. Curry shooting at tonight's clip? Doubtful, and little help from the free throw line.

That's where Boston screwed up tonight. Everything late beyond the arc. Didn't try to draw fouls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
If GSW wins it....I want a playoff share. Obviously Kerr read my post about benching ineffective Green in crunch time. 😁

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Computer Bob's found a voice! Welcome back to the thread!! :)

Of course there's no logic to it but hearing all the hosts on the Wager show gushing all over the Celtics?? I knew I was in trouble.

And even in this thread some were acting like the series was over.

I'm still supporting Boston in 7, in fact this strengthened it, obviously they have to win in GS again to be champs.

BTW 'injuries' are freerolls, why wouldn't you produce one this time of year?

If you win you're a he-man for doing it all despite being all banged up....

If you lose of course you did, you can barely walk around the arena fetching your mouthpiece that takes a life of it's own.

Who could expect you to win with a foot like that?

Injuries are definitely +EV.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Obviously GSW don't win without Curry heroics tonight. Can he continue?

Kenny Smith on NBA TV says no. Because he doesn't overpower you like Lebron, Durant and Giannis. Those guys go to the line 14-15 times a game. Curry shooting at tonight's clip? Doubtful, and little help from the free throw line.

That's were Boston screwed up tonight. Everything late beyond the arc. Didn't try to draw fouls.

Of course, Curry's game is not as overpowering as James, Durant or Giannis. Wow, what an insight.

First, none of them averaged 10 FTA in their playoff careers (highest was Giannis with 9.4). Average FTM/game: Durant 7.3, James 6.6, Giannis 5.9 and Curry 4.8. So less than 2.5 FTM difference between all 4. So, if Curry makes just one more 3 per game, he has more points than any of the others' FTM. Try again.

Heim

EOG Master
Of course, Curry's game is not as overpowering as James, Durant or Giannis. Wow, what an insight.

First, none of them averaged 10 FTA in their playoff careers (highest was Giannis with 9.4). Average FTM/game: Durant 7.3, James 6.6, Giannis 5.9 and Curry 4.8. So less than 2.5 FTM difference between all 4. So, if Curry makes just one more 3 per game, he has more points than any of the others' FTM. Try again.

You missed the point. Curry needs to replicate tonight's game for GSW to have any chance. The chances are slim he shoots tonight's percentages, especially late. The other 3 always have the ability to draw fouls and points late, Curry is a slave to beyond the arc.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
You missed the point. Curry needs to replicate tonight's game for GSW to have any chance. The chances are slim he shoots tonight's percentages, especially late. The other 3 always have the ability to draw fouls and points late, Curry is a slave to beyond the arc.

That's nonsense. "Have any chance?", you are delusional dude.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Did you see Barstool's David Portney in the second row with his 'Draymond is a jerk face' shirt....

Guy runs a multi-million dollar company and wears something a kid would have on.

He Was Court Side.

First Row.

Always Has Shirts Made Up.

Had Some Good Ones Made Up On Piece Of Shit Goodell During Brady Deflate Gate Scandal.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I wish Tatum had Brown's aggressiveness to the hoop. As soon as he senses contact he fades from the hoop. Shot is always short. Brown drives like a freight train.

Brown Is Just Naturally Quicker Than Tatum.

The Shorter Guy Is Usually The Quicker Guy.

That's Why When A Guard is ISO At 3 Point Area With Big Guy Guarding Him, Because Of Switch, Guard Always Sets Him Up For The BLOW BY.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
IMO that was do-or-die last night for BOTH teams. Boston goes up 3-1, it's effectively over. GS ties it up 2-2, they make it a Best 2 out of 3 and they get two of those in SF.

so...................

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR WORLD CHAMPION GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Steph, Klay, Dray, Iggie, Kerr, and Bob Myers, all get their FOURTH ring in 8 years

Heim

EOG Master
IMO that was do-or-die last night for BOTH teams. Boston goes up 3-1, it's effectively over. GS ties it up 2-2, they make it a Best 2 out of 3 and they get two of those in SF.

so...................

Steph, Klay, Dray, Iggie, Kerr, and Bob Myers, all get their FOURTH ring in 8 years

😳

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Brown Is Just Naturally Quicker Than Tatum.

The Shorter Guy Is Usually The Quicker Guy.

That's Why When A Guard is ISO At 3 Point Area With Big Guy Guarding Him, Because Of Switch, Guard Always Sets Him Up For The BLOW BY.
Tatum doesn't have elite quick first step, has to angle more and use length

Would like to see ball in Browns hands a LOT next game

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

so...................

Come on, HOMIE.

The adjusted series price has Golden State -140/Boston +120.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

A slave to beyond the arc?

Hmmm...

I think the floaters off one foot with both hands from crazy angles in the lane are Curry's version of a LeBron or Giannis finish.

My biggest gripe with Curry does not involve his finesse-oriented offensive game (or his mouthpiece or his shimmy), but his indifference on defense.

The Celtics must isolate Curry on defense, much like they did in Game 1 of the 2022 NBA Finals.

And this important note for Boston head coach Ime Udoka: Do not take the bait and get involved in a 3-point shooting contest with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.

You will lose.

In playoff basketball, it's not always how many 3-balls you hit, but rather when you hit them.

Curry and Thompson crush teams with timely 3's.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Viejo goes to the head of the class heading to game 5, the rest were full of crap. Current Pinny series price is Warriors -155, Celtics +132.
I stand by Celtics being clearly the better team. They were awful last night and Curry was flat out amazing have to give him credit. 1st time I saw the Celtics show some weakness in the heart area. Felt like they were terrified to shoot those open shots at the end of the game. I'm jsut hoping the Celtics can get over the mental hump after this disappointing loss and bounce back with a couple of games closer to the level they are capable of playing. I do believe Celtics best is clearly better than Gol St's best but now they have to show it on the court.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Come on, HOMIE.

The adjusted series price has Golden State -140/Boston +120.

I believe the market is underestimating the psychological detriment to BOS as those guys know that in order to win, they must win in San Fran.

Golden State does not have to win in Boston, in order to win this series.

Barring something like an injury or suspension to a key Golden Stater, I believe this series is OVAH (like billy packer said in the ncaa final 4 in 2008 re Kansas over UNC, with 7 mins to go in the First Half!)

billy packer calls game 13 minutes in

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I stand by Celtics being clearly the better team. They were awful last night and Curry was flat out amazing have to give him credit. 1st time I saw the Celtics show some weakness in the heart area. Felt like they were terrified to shoot those open shots at the end of the game. I'm jsut hoping the Celtics can get over the mental hump after this disappointing loss and bounce back with a couple of games closer to the level they are capable of playing. I do believe Celtics best is clearly better than Gol St's best but now they have to show it on the court.

Nonsense.

the "better team" will still stand at 17 organizational titles, and the lesser team in your opinion will win their 7th title in franchise history.

how do you measure "better" ? the Dubs are clearly stronger on O, and the C's on D.

who's better? scoreboard says 2 games apiece.

GS will hoist the trophy after G6 or G7.

kane

EOG master
I believe the market is underestimating the psychological detriment to BOS as those guys know that in order to win, they must win in San Fran.
Win in SF, you mean like they did in game one? The Celtics have played 11 road games in the playoffs, they've won 8 of them, defense travels, they're fully capable of winning another on the road, even in SF

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Win in SF, you mean like they did in game one? The Celtics have played 11 road games in the playoffs, they've won 8 of them, defense travels, they're fully capable of winning another on the road, even in SF

that was a long time ago. and game one is the *least difficult* game to "steal" on the road. look at game 2 if you'd like to see the blueprint / model of how G5 or G7 would look.

and i would not compare the road games in the prior series' to road games at the Chase Center.

Boston will NOT win G5 in SF. trust me. they won't.

they will NOT win G7 in SF (if necessary) either.

so they will finish either 1-2 or 1-3 in this series on the road, deeming your above statistic basically worthless.

i watched the body language of the C's after last night's game.

It's OVAH.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
According to DB Circa is using 4

Yep, Circa's at Warriors -4. Last night the Westgate Superbook tweeted a line of Warriors -3, I tweeted back, noting their line was off all others and asked if they had a large Celtics futures liability.

No response of course.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Nonsense.

the "better team" will still stand at 17 organizational titles, and the lesser team in your opinion will win their 7th title in franchise history.

how do you measure "better" ? the Dubs are clearly stronger on O, and the C's on D.

who's better? scoreboard says 2 games apiece.

GS will hoist the trophy after G6 or G7.
Time will tell and I sure hope you are wrong because I have a reasonable position on Boston series that I'm not getting off of.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
If I'm wrong I'll eat my words. Gladly. My only skin in the game is that I need Boston to win in order to win a family playoff pool I'm in. Bragging rights more important than a few hundred dollars to me. So I'm rooting C's.

I need and want Boston to win, but I'm not seeing it now after G4.

Maybe I'm just a salty beeyach.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Salty, you are.

Beeyach, no.

Boston will not win Game 5? Boston will not win Game 7?

Come on now.

That's not how serious gamblers view games.

And the outcomes of Games 5 and 7 will not prove you right or wrong.

The key word for gamblers is measured.

Instead, you're adopting the language of ratings-driven commentators like Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

On a different note: Check out the totals trajectory for the NBA Finals.

Closing totals at Caesars Palace through the first four games of the competitive series: 214, 213.5, 214 and 213.5.

The Game 5 total currently stands at 212.

Game 5 has a Game 7 feel without the effects of the depressed Game 7 pricing.

I predict we will see a Game 7 (if necessary) closing total below 210.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
JK you are a therapist, too! You analyzed my emotions well !

Speaking of emotions, did anyone here catch the dejection of the C's players as the camera panned across their top players including their bench? They looked defeated. They looked they felt a feeling of "what the heck do we have to do to put these guys up against the ropes and finish them off".

They blanketed everyone beautifully but Steph still got loose.

Next time it will be klay or Poole or Wiggins.

C's are not going to get the calls in San Fran in G7 so imo they must win G5 then take it back home and finish it off in beantown.

Again, I hope my instincts are wrong here because I want them to win so badly, but I'm not seeing it. There is an intangible factor outside the stats and matchups and tangible items you see - it is the spirit and the heart, and I believe the great Stephen Curry took it right out of then in that 4th stanza the other night.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Homie pretty sure nba professionals don't give up when in finals tied up 2-2

Dejected they lost a finals game, sure

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
JK you are a therapist, too! You analyzed my emotions well !

Speaking of emotions, did anyone here catch the dejection of the C's players as the camera panned across their top players including their bench? They looked defeated. They looked they felt a feeling of "what the heck do we have to do to put these guys up against the ropes and finish them off".

They blanketed everyone beautifully but Steph still got loose.

Next time it will be klay or Poole or Wiggins.

C's are not going to get the calls in San Fran in G7 so imo they must win G5 then take it back home and finish it off in beantown.

Again, I hope my instincts are wrong here because I want them to win so badly, but I'm not seeing it. There is an intangible factor outside the stats and matchups and tangible items you see - it is the spirit and the heart, and I believe the great Stephen Curry took it right out of then in that 4th stanza the other night.
I saw the same thing on the Gol St faces after ame 3. Teams don't like to lose.