Warriors vs Celtics….who wins the NBA title?

choslamshe

EOG Master
Celtics with no wiggle room when their couple of stars aren't playing lights out. The C's don't look like they deserve to be here four of the last five quarters played. Can't turn the ball over and go on these offensive 'lulls.'

I think GS closes in game 6.

Heim

EOG Master
Down seven with a little under 6 left. One bad shot after another, contested threes, forced fadeaways, BOS
youth showed. They hit the panic button.

Doubt they can win a GM7....

Heim

EOG Master
How good is Celtic defense if you're giving up 15 to Payton?

J. Williams cleans up a lot of their mistakes. Wake me up when Tatum actually gets in front of someone on a dribble drive....

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Breen is the best play by play guy in the NBA, no one is even close to him, he made a mistake, he isn't perfect

What nonsense. Bob Fitzgerald and his color guy, Jim Barnett did Warriors games for 20 years. Much better and informative (at least about the Warriors and their opponents) than Breen and crew. The Warriors' owner was so jealous of Barnett's popularity and knowledge, he fired him 4 years ago and replaced him with a former player. LOL

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This makes for a multitude of absolutely riveting 5 minute discussions of whether a foul is a Flagrant -1. Wow.

Breen is a bit dry but he's accurate with the rule book.

Too many play-by-play guys are clueless on the finer points of the rule book.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Things got so bad NFL telecasts wisely featured a former referee in a nearby booth.

Was Dean Blandino the first?

Now the NBA has done something similar.

Not sure about any umpire expertise on MLB broadcasts.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For excitement on radio broadcasts, I like Kevin Harlan calling either football or basketball games.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Grew up with the legendary Jim Durham calling Bulls games.

Durham's calls were tailored for radio, so he trimmed the details, when later in his career, he called nationally-televised games.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
I love it when Breen asks Jackson for his assessment at the half.

Whoever is down...his knee-jerk response 'better execution ' 😅

Heim

EOG Master
Naturally do or die for Boston. But if you're 'the (GSW) team'....mind set has to include GM7 cushion.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Grew up with the legendary Jim Durham calling Bulls games.

Durham's calls were tailored for radio, so he dialed down the details, when later in his career, he called nationally-televised games.

I grew up listening to Chick Hearn call Laker games and Vin Scully call Dodgers games (though I am a Clippers and Angels fan, respectively).

I feel fortunate to have had Chick and Vin as part of my youth.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I grew up listening to Chick Hearn call Laker games and Vin Scully call Dodgers games (though I am a Clippers and Angels fan, respectively).

Chick Went Thru A Lot Of Suffering From 1962-1970.

His Lakers Went To The Finals 7 Times.

Lost All 7.

6 To The Boston Celtics.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Just Like The Trend Of Golden St. Being Undefeated At Home In The Playoffs, Until Boston Took Them Out.
exactly.

this is why i am not a fan of trends.

i am more a fan of looking at each teams' current form.

you already what i said after GS evened the series at 2-2. i said it was over. i said GS is going to win the series.

kane

EOG master
What nonsense. Bob Fitzgerald and his color guy, Jim Barnett did Warriors games for 20 years. Much better and informative (at least about the Warriors and their opponents) than Breen and crew. The Warriors' owner was so jealous of Barnett's popularity and knowledge, he fired him 4 years ago and replaced him with a former player. LOL
When I said Breen is the best I'm talking about the national TV guys, I've never heard of Fitzgerald, I don't watch the Golden St home telecasts, I'm sure every fan of the local team thinks his guys are the best, I watch a ton of Heat games and I think Eric Reid does a great job, of course neither you or anyone else other than Heat fans know who he is

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

You were spoiled.

Los Angeles had (past tense) some of the best play-by-play announcers and some of the worst fans.

Shame on Laker fans for arriving late and Dodger fans for leaving early.

And no, I'm not buying the traffic excuse.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
When I said Breen is the best I'm talking about the national TV guys, I've never heard of Fitzgerald, I don't watch the Golden St home telecasts, I'm sure every fan of the local team thinks his guys are the best, I watch a ton of Heat games and I think Eric Reid does a great job, of course neither you or anyone else other than Heat fans know who he is

Eric Who?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Naturally do or die for Boston. But if you're 'the (GSW) team'....mind set has to include GM7 cushion.

Excellent point.

If Golden State is stuck 15 late in the third quarter, do they say "See you in Frisco Sunday night."

Additionally, if Curry or Thompson twist a knee or ankle, does Kerr exercise caution with their playing load?

Heim

EOG Master
I don't know what Pinnacle closed, but they were at 3.5 most of the day. Not good if you liked BOS.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
As much as I want to see Boston win, I think the Warriors will win in 6 games, and not surprised if it goes the distance. We know that Curry has been inconsistent when it comes to his shot selection despite his range and ability to score. However the nucleus and ability to share and score the ball among others is huge given the balance. The splash brothers are back, and when they're on target, I e complements the other and are tough to beat. Poole and Wiggins have shown they're dangerous when they catch fire, Draymond is more versatile when the series progresses but needs to watch his aggressiveness. Looney impressed me last game, and they get to the line. The experience factor will reign supreme when they are on the same page, but it will be a different story if they push the accelerate in transition but cause turnovers and offensive fouls that lead to droughts.

Boston will capitalize and take advantage scoring points off turnovers. Tatum and Brown will score in bunches, and both prosper on other facets of their game when they are on the same page .Team defense has been tremendous especially notably by Smart and Horford, and are quick on both sides of the ball in transition sacrificing their bodies. You especially see it on the court and in the state line. Williams and White however, are capable of really go into shooting droughts, and that will only be detrimental given their shot selection and level of selfishness, with the same going true for Theis. And these are open looks we are talking about.They can go up tempo with the best if they are knocking down shots. Boston probably gets to the ft line more, but I may opinion more vulnerable as GS really hasn't seen this magnitude of a powerhouse of challenge like Milwaukee and Miami who took them both to the distance, and as mentioned earlier without Middleton. Boston also needs to watch their reliables don't suffer from foul trouble. This is greens best chance of winning it all since the big 3. It should be a really enjoyable series. When the smoke clears, Kerr hoists up title #4 coaching.

Halftime score in Game 6: 54-39, Warriors.

JIMMY's sitting pretty.

Heim

EOG Master
Biggest lock pre-flop was over on BOS turnovers.

Horford pointed this out post-game last.

They need to value possessions.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
As much as I want to see Boston win, I think the Warriors will win in 6 games, and not surprised if it goes the distance. We know that Curry has been inconsistent when it comes to his shot selection despite his range and ability to score. However the nucleus and ability to share and score the ball among others is huge given the balance. The splash brothers are back, and when they're on target, I e complements the other and are tough to beat. Poole and Wiggins have shown they're dangerous when they catch fire, Draymond is more versatile when the series progresses but needs to watch his aggressiveness. Looney impressed me last game, and they get to the line. The experience factor will reign supreme when they are on the same page, but it will be a different story if they push the accelerate in transition but cause turnovers and offensive fouls that lead to droughts.

Boston will capitalize and take advantage scoring points off turnovers. Tatum and Brown will score in bunches, and both prosper on other facets of their game when they are on the same page .Team defense has been tremendous especially notably by Smart and Horford, and are quick on both sides of the ball in transition sacrificing their bodies. You especially see it on the court and in the state line. Williams and White however, are capable of really go into shooting droughts, and that will only be detrimental given their shot selection and level of selfishness, with the same going true for Theis. And these are open looks we are talking about.They can go up tempo with the best if they are knocking down shots. Boston probably gets to the ft line more, but I may opinion more vulnerable as GS really hasn't seen this magnitude of a powerhouse of challenge like Milwaukee and Miami who took them both to the distance, and as mentioned earlier without Middleton. Boston also needs to watch their reliables don't suffer from foul trouble. This is greens best chance of winning it all since the big 3. It should be a really enjoyable series. When the smoke clears, Kerr hoists up title #4 coaching.
So who's the first to thank me and cash with me at the window? Listening to TD boos was like music to my ears!

And that's how you cap an NBA finals. My baseball capping might be terribly off thus far this season, but never doubt a veteran textbook NBA writeup. Congrats to all fellow cappers that cashed GS ml and series.