US Open Golf….

mr merlin

EOG Master
micklestiff and reed should get an earful
With 30K people there they'll get some, i personally think it'll be very mild overall. i just dont understand why any US open fan would care about internal PGA tour drama.

It'll be exciting if phil can make the cut, or if DJ , Reed, sergio, oozy, etc can compete for the win.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
With 30K people there they'll get some, i personally think it'll be very mild overall. i just dont understand why any US open fan would care about internal PGA tour drama.

It'll be exciting if phil can make the cut, or if DJ , Reed, sergio, oozy, etc can compete for the win.
You underestimate most of those 30k….

mr merlin

EOG Master
This was from a couple days ago, nice to see.

Despite the backlash, Mickelson was well-received by the crowd at The Country Club on Tuesday when he played his first practice round alongside Kevin Na and reigning U.S. Open champion Jon Rahm.

I followed him for the first five holes he played. Some of the chants directed toward Mickelson included, "Boston loves you Phil", "Welcome back Phil", "Beard looks great". If Tuesday was any indication, the majority of fans will be cheering on Mickelson when the tournament begins Thursday

mr merlin

EOG Master
Phil just teed off with Ooozie, seemed to get a decent reception, heard nothing derogotory, walking down the fairway people were applauding him and giving him a thumbs up. A tad surprising.

Phil just teed off with Ooozie, seemed to get a decent reception, heard nothing derogotory, walking down the fairway people were applauding him and giving him a thumbs up. A tad surprising.
Only people hating on Phil is the PGA and the media. The common man could care less.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Phil with only one more round to play before crawling back to the Saudis and their free money….
Fair enough, he is old(52), any comments on the other LIV players? Are you disappointed that with the exception of just a few fans they overwhelmingly supported him?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Fair enough, he is old(52), any comments on the other LIV players? Are you disappointed that with the exception of just a few fans they overwhelmingly supported him?

the other LIV players have to live with their decisions…If the fans are behind Phil, then he has nothing to worry about…

mr merlin

EOG Master
the other LIV players have to live with their decisions…If the fans are behind Phil, then he has nothing to worry about…
I understand how you guys feel, you like the game the way it is and dont want it to change - say cmon these guys are all plenty rich and have an easy life.

The problem is everyone else goes for the money, baseball players make 40 million, NBA players make 55 million, QB's make 50, and no one begrudges them for flipping teams, etc.

This is exactly the same - yea, they're going for the money, that's just the way it is in the world today.

Then you have the fact that the most vocal opponents of this just happen to be the golfers who make the most money under the current system, the guys who make a ton of money on the course and off it. Guys like Rory and Thomas wouldn't make that much more by leaving, of course they love the current system.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have the top 4 and unless the Lightning come back, it won't pay put. Give me a breaking bad. Is Colorado the new 1980 Soviets?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'd be banking good coin, good coin, we are talking high 4 and low 5 figures if I bet these assholes straight. Last 2 majors, will win 3/4 debutantè and trophy. But I am a dumb pos fuck trying to win a million and I'm going to win nothing. Story of my life. Story of my fucking life. I need Lightning to wake up.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Notre Dame trophy lift. Long way to go but looking good
Lightning look dead on arrival
Raffy Wimbledon doubtful but possible
then a multiple Lady look

I am calling it now. None of those. Zalatoris lifts the trophy to celebrate and I lift the toilet seat to puke.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Notre Dame trophy lift. Long way to go but looking good
Lightning look dead on arrival
Raffy Wimbledon doubtful but possible
then a multiple Lady look

I am calling it now. None of those. Zalatoris lifts the trophy to celebrate and I lift the toilet seat to puke.
I hope you puke your guts out….

mr merlin

EOG Master
Scheffler, rahm and zali look like the most logical choices, I suspect scheffler is the guy, solid and steady.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Looks like going to be Scheffler. The good news. He's for $500,000. The bad news. Long Christopher Wray to get there, get there, get there. The happy ending password is Radakuntu. I'd take the check. Sorry, Emma. You aren't worth a half million.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Nice win for Fitzpatrick, a little disappointed he doesn't have the usual blond beauty come out to greet him after his win.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Need Lightning for 3-0. At least Notre Dame losing doesn't hurt me. I expect to be put to sleep tomorrow night by the Avs.