A viral tweet from Wes Reynolds

Sleepy

EOG Master
The new mayor sucks just as bad as the old one.

What a cess pool that city is.

If your five year old doesn't have ID and a vax passport..... No happy meal for you.

If it is your birthday.... No chucky cheese pizza party for you.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Sadly, Adams is a lightweight. He is continuing DeBlasio's policy because he has no policy. New York state and New York city is fucked but keep chasing Trump.

Heim

EOG Master
Wes must stay up all night reading up on every sport.

He was on the other day, within 15 minutes he's talking NBA, US Open, UFC and MLB....

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Wes always has a better number 'in pocket'...

The term is contagious on VSIN. Even the woman is using it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Wes always has a better number 'in pocket'...

The term is contagious on VSIN. Even the woman are using it.

My favorite "Wes" story that I've told before is JK called me one day on the phone before the radio show. I gave him a hard time for continually promoting Keven Stott with his radio picks going 9-2, 10-3, 11-3 etc. , but ignored a recent 0-8 run by Wes. I just thought Wes might have some comment or even a post-mortem since all 8 weren't even close. Obviously, both were small samples. Well, JK throws it in Wes' face without any of my mollification.

Good ole David Glisan immediately starts ranting about how dare I question Wes' handicapping ability? Net result was Wes just didn't want to talk about his losers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember the situation like it was yesterday.

It reminds me of the time I asked Barry Holthaus about his criticisms of the Stardust Race and Sports Book on a Stardust-sponsored radio show.

Barry was always in my ear (off the air) about improvements the Stardust should make in its business operations.

Little did he know (nor did I) that the topic would arise in a free-wheeling, on-the-air conversation.

After all, an hour or two is a lot of time to fill with quality content.

So Barry fires off four or five of his pet peeves about the Stardust Race and Sports Book from a lack of golf and soccer odds to transmission problems with the score ticker display to future-book prices designed to "rip off" tourists.

After the radio program, Joe Lupo, then the Director of Race and Sports Book Operations at the Stardust, called me into his office and said, "Who the f*ck is Barry Holthaus?"

Hahaha.

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
My favorite "Wes" story that I've told before is JK called me one day on the phone before the radio show. I gave him a hard time for continually promoting Keven Stott with his radio picks going 9-2, 10-3, 11-3 etc. , but ignored a recent 0-8 run by Wes. I just thought Wes might have some comment or even a post-mortem since all 8 weren't even close. Obviously, both were small samples. Well, JK throws it in Wes' face without any of my mollification.

Good ole David Glisan immediately starts ranting about how dare I question Wes' handicapping ability? Net result was Wes just didn't want to talk about his losers.

Of course when I go 1-9 on EOG Best Bets, no one gives a rats ass if I do a post-mortem. :LOL:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The problem with knowledge of just one basketball program is the same issue trainers face in horse racing when gambling on the races.

Hall-of-Fame horse trainer Charlie Whittingham, legend has it, lost a small fortune betting the races.

He obviously knew the horses in his stable, but he could not judge the talent from the other shedrows.

Same with college football or college basketball fans.

They know "their" team, but they struggle when assessing the opposition.