Old Creepy Joe. Just getting it done

MrTop

EOG Master

Top Russian oil official dies after fall from hospital window - sources​

MOSCOW, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Ravil Maganov, the chairman of Russia's second-largest oil producer Lukoil (LKOH.MM), died on Thursday after falling from a hospital window in Moscow, two sources familiar with the situation said, becoming the latest in a series of businessmen to meet with sudden unexplained deaths.

The sources confirmed reports by several Russian media that the 67-year-old had plunged to his death, but the circumstances surrounding his fall were unclear.
Two people who knew Maganov well told Reuters they believed it was highly unlikely he had committed suicide.

Another source close to the company said there was a belief inside Lukoil management that he had killed himself, but he had not seen evidence or documents to support that.

Asked by Reuters if they were investigating the death as suspicious, Moscow police referred the question to the state's Investigative Committee. The Committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Lukoil said in a statement that Maganov had "passed away following a serious illness".

"Lukoil's many thousands of employees mourn deeply for this grievous loss and express their sincere condolences to Ravil Maganov's family," it said.

Several other senior executives with ties to Russia's energy industry have died suddenly in unclear circumstances in the past few months.

The day after Russia sent its forces into Ukraine in February, a Gazprom executive, Alexander Tyulakov, was found dead in his garage near St Petersburg, Russian media reported.

• Summary
  • Companies
  • Two sources say oil boss fell to his death from window
  • Company says he died after serious illness
  • Latest in series of sudden unexplained deaths
  • This content was produced in Russia, where the law restricts coverage of Russian military operations in Ukraine.
MOSCOW, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Ravil Maganov, the chairman of Russia's second-largest oil producer Lukoil (LKOH.MM), died on Thursday after falling from a hospital window in Moscow, two sources familiar with the situation said, becoming the latest in a series of businessmen to meet with sudden unexplained deaths.

The sources confirmed reports by several Russian media that the 67-year-old had plunged to his death, but the circumstances surrounding his fall were unclear.

Advertisement · Scroll to continue
Report an ad
Two people who knew Maganov well told Reuters they believed it was highly unlikely he had committed suicide.

Another source close to the company said there was a belief inside Lukoil management that he had killed himself, but he had not seen evidence or documents to support that.

Asked by Reuters if they were investigating the death as suspicious, Moscow police referred the question to the state's Investigative Committee. The Committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Lukoil said in a statement that Maganov had "passed away following a serious illness".

"Lukoil's many thousands of employees mourn deeply for this grievous loss and express their sincere condolences to Ravil Maganov's family," it said.

Several other senior executives with ties to Russia's energy industry have died suddenly in unclear circumstances in the past few months.

The day after Russia sent its forces into Ukraine in February, a Gazprom executive, Alexander Tyulakov, was found dead in his garage near St Petersburg, Russian media reported.

Report an ad
In April, Sergei Protosenya, a former top manager of Russia's largest liquefied natural gas producer Novatek (NVTK.MM), was found dead with his wife and daughter at a villa in Spain. Catalan regional police, investigating the case, have said they believe he killed them and then took his own life.

In May, Russian media reported a former Lukoil manager, Alexander Subbotin, was found dead in the basement of a house outside Moscow.

The same month, Russian media said that Vladislav Avayev, an ex-vice president of Gazprombank, was found dead in a Moscow apartment, also with the bodies of his wife and daughter.

Maganov had worked in Lukoil since 1993, shortly after the company's inception, and had overseen its refining, production and exploration, becoming chairman in 2020. His brother Nail is the head of mid-sized Russian oil producer Tatneft (TATN.MM).

Unusually among Russian companies, Lukoil took a stand over Moscow's intervention in Ukraine. In a March 3 statement, the company's board of directors expressed its concern over the "tragic events" in Ukraine and called for the "soonest possible end to armed conflict" via negotiations.

Maganov was a close associate of one of Lukoil's founders, Vagit Alekperov, and frequently took part in meetings of Russian oil producers and the energy ministry to decide on joint actions as part of the OPEC+ group of leading global oil producers.

Alekperov, a former Soviet deputy oil minister, resigned as president of Lukoil in April, a week after Britain imposed an asset freeze and travel ban on him as part of sanctions over Russia's military actions in Ukraine

nothing like freedom

mr merlin

EOG Master

Top Russian oil official dies after fall from hospital window - sources​

• Summary
  • Companies
  • Two sources say oil boss fell to his death from window
  • Company says he died after serious illness
  • Latest in series of sudden unexplained deaths
  • This content was produced in Russia, where the law restricts coverage of Russian military operations in Ukraine.

Report an ad

Report an ad

Report an ad
In April, Sergei Protosenya, a former top manager of Russia's largest liquefied natural gas producer Novatek (NVTK.MM), was found dead with his wife and daughter at a villa in Spain. Catalan regional police, investigating the case, have said they believe he killed them and then took his own life.

In May, Russian media reported a former Lukoil manager, Alexander Subbotin, was found dead in the basement of a house outside Moscow.

The same month, Russian media said that Vladislav Avayev, an ex-vice president of Gazprombank, was found dead in a Moscow apartment, also with the bodies of his wife and daughter.

Maganov had worked in Lukoil since 1993, shortly after the company's inception, and had overseen its refining, production and exploration, becoming chairman in 2020. His brother Nail is the head of mid-sized Russian oil producer Tatneft (TATN.MM).

Unusually among Russian companies, Lukoil took a stand over Moscow's intervention in Ukraine. In a March 3 statement, the company's board of directors expressed its concern over the "tragic events" in Ukraine and called for the "soonest possible end to armed conflict" via negotiations.

Maganov was a close associate of one of Lukoil's founders, Vagit Alekperov, and frequently took part in meetings of Russian oil producers and the energy ministry to decide on joint actions as part of the OPEC+ group of leading global oil producers.

Alekperov, a former Soviet deputy oil minister, resigned as president of Lukoil in April, a week after Britain imposed an asset freeze and travel ban on him as part of sanctions over Russia's military actions in Ukraine

nothing like freedom
Those windows in russian high rises sure are slippery.

MrTop

EOG Master

Russia Mulls Big Purchases of ‘Friendly’ FX to Stem Ruble’s Rise​

• Government considers overhaul of reserves amid sanctions
  • Draft calls for selling yuan holdings later over 3-5 years

LOL the dollar is going to the moon and vlad playing catch up

mr merlin

EOG Master

Russia Mulls Big Purchases of ‘Friendly’ FX to Stem Ruble’s Rise​

• Government considers overhaul of reserves amid sanctions
  • Draft calls for selling yuan holdings later over 3-5 years

LOL the dollar is going to the moon and vlad playing catch up
Hmmm, doesn't that mean the ruble is getting too strong? that's not bad news for russia, just a side effect.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Today the ukrainians had the great idea to seize that nuke plant before UN inspectors arrived - sounds like it was quite the plan - land about 60 men in several boats to secure the area and follow on with hundreds more reenforcements. Another total disaster.

1662043070114.png

1662043162379.png

1662043016309.png

mr merlin

EOG Master
Another 6 dozen tanks and other armor destroyed since yesterday, I hear the US is set to announce more military aid today, LOL.

1662043513497.png

MrTop

EOG Master

Trump Megadonor Adelson's Republican Spending Spree Is Ending​

• Billionaire’s widow is giving far less to GOP super PACs
  • Largest shareholder at Sands spends much of her time in Israel

1 less friend

MrTop

EOG Master
Another 6 dozen tanks and other armor destroyed since yesterday, I hear the US is set to announce more military aid today, LOL.

View attachment 7466776

Putin Brings China and India to Russia for War Games Defying US​

• India sends small contingent to Vostok-2022 military exercises
  • More than 50,000 troops to take part in the week-long drills

which side is india on ?

mr merlin

EOG Master

Putin Brings China and India to Russia for War Games Defying US​

• India sends small contingent to Vostok-2022 military exercises
  • More than 50,000 troops to take part in the week-long drills

which side is india on ?
They're not on our side, dont forget we supported pakistan for decades while india was supported and armed by russia.

blueline

EOG Master
SCOTUS handed the Dems a gift by overturning Roe V Wade

I dont know what it takes the move the line at one of the books I look at but 6 weeks ago the gop winning the house was -900 now it's -275....still a steep hill to climb..but.....

mr merlin

EOG Master
I dont know what it takes the move the line at one of the books I look at but 6 weeks ago the gop winning the house was -900 now it's -275....still a steep hill to climb..but.....
Cmon, zero chance the republicans dont take the house - ZERO. The polls I've seen have shown no real movement to the d's on the generic ballot. Keep in mind under "normal" situations the dems can be +4-5 and still lose control becuase so many of their districts are won with 90% + margins. if the R's are in the +2-4 range like i've been seeing that's fantastic.

Dont pretend that the dem won alaska - she did not - she got 40%, which means 60% voted R.

MrTop

EOG Master
Cmon, zero chance the republicans dont take the house - ZERO. The polls I've seen have shown no real movement to the d's on the generic ballot. Keep in mind under "normal" situations the dems can be +4-5 and still lose control becuase so many of their districts are won with 90% + margins. if the R's are in the +2-4 range like i've been seeing that's fantastic.

Dont pretend that the dem won alaska - she did not - she got 40%, which means 60% voted R.

White House Warns of Pandemics Worse Than Covid as Health Overhauls Begin​

should be the granddaddy of them all

mr merlin

EOG Master
6 pts might translate into a 40+ seat gain.

Trafalgar Poll: GOP Holds 6-Point Lead over Democrats on Generic Ballot​

[IMG alt="FLORENCE, SC - MARCH 12: Supporters of former U.S. President Donald Trump hold signs during a rally at the Florence Regional Airport on March 12, 2022 in Florence, South Carolina. The visit by Trump is his first rally in South Carolina since his election loss in 2020. (Photo by Sean …"]https://media.breitbart.com/media/2022/09/crowd2-640x480.jpg[/IMG]Sean Rayford/Getty Images
Jacob Bliss1 Sep 2022Washington, DC60

2:32

Republicans lead Democrats by six points on the generic congressional ballot, according to the latest Trafalgar Group poll released Wednesday.
The poll found that of the 1,084 likely general election voters surveyed, 47.2 percent said they would vote for the generic Republican candidate. In contrast, only 41.4 percent of the respondents said they would vote for the generic Democrat.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Always Good To See Brains At Work.

MrTop

EOG Master
So with two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth, that's the best since the 90's?

Or is it the negative real dollar wage growth?

LMAO.

Wow. The corporate, libtarded media really thinks people are fucking stupid.

I'm sure retards like kane and Bushay believe it though.

US Job Openings Unexpectedly Rise to 11.2 Million, Near a Record​

never had a recession with everyone working and 11 million jobs still to be filled.

mr merlin

EOG Master

US Job Openings Unexpectedly Rise to 11.2 Million, Near a Record​

never had a recession with everyone working and 11 million jobs still to be filled.
That's because me and everyone like me has quit, pretty much all before normal retirement age. We went from taxpayers to mooches. iI's very rewarding actually, all the tax stuff, all the crazy spending bills, all the BS, , it doesn't bother you as much when you know not one of my pennies is going for it.

MrTop

EOG Master
That's because me and everyone like me has quit, pretty much all before normal retirement age. We went from taxpayers to mooches. iI's very rewarding actually, all the tax stuff, all the crazy spending bills, all the BS, , it doesn't bother you as much when you know not one of my pennies is going for it.

Cost of Growing Food in US Is Set to Rise by Most Ever in 2022​

Prices for everything from fertilizer to animal feed to labor are skyrocketing.

mr merlin

EOG Master
LOL, I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to spend the next two and half years of my life behind bars, especially if I was a former cop
I agree, it's horrible what they're doing to these americans, most of whom did nothing at all. I see trump today said he'd prob pardon them all and even give them official apologies. He's getting a bit ahead of himself.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I saw a bit of biden tonight, perhaps some of you libs can explain how an old man ranting and raving, practically screaming while he demonizes his political opponents is a good look?

It didn;'t look good to me.