Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

blueline

EOG Master
I'm thinking of taking the Jets, but if White can't go I would much prefer Flacco, Wilson sucks and his teammates don't respect him

wilson being listed #2 was from the jets press conference this morning....just letting you know its not an internet rumor

kane

EOG master
Sound like Wilson’s teammates don’t like him
They don't like or respect him, after a game a few weeks ago where the defense played great but Wilson was horrible again, he was asked if he shoulders any of the blame for the offense being so bad and he said no, he stood there on the podium and took no responsibility for his poor performance, that didn't sit well in the locker room. Meanwhile you have a guy in Mike White who's out there busting his ass in a snowstorm trying to do everything he can to help his team win despite playing with broken ribs and picking himself off the turf seemingly after every pass attempt, which QB do you think the team wants to go to war with? It's rhetorical of course since the answer is obvious

Heim

EOG Master
Campbell down to 9/1 for COY.....he won't win, but there has been money coming in the last 3 weeks.

blueline

EOG Master
If Lions win out campbell deserves it.

I bet him before the season and I went looking a few days before last game and none of my outs had him listed then he pops up after they beat the vikings at 9/1 at DK

kane

EOG master
I made 3 COY futures, Daboll, McDaniel, and Campbell. Early in the year Daboll was looking good, but no longer, before the last two weeks McDaniel had a shot, no longer, but like Blue points out, if the Lions keep winning, Campbell has to get some consideration, especailly after their season got off to a bad start, credit to him for keeping the ship afloat, when a franchise is used to losing like the Lions, things could have gone south for them very quick, but Campbell kept them together, he reminds me a little of Vrabel, not the best as far as x's and o's, but guys play hard for him

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Hurts will win because he has had the best year by far. Its not a hard award to get right. Like when they got it right with Aaron,Tom,Peyton,Kurt,Brett.
So stop with the cherry picking hate. Its really an embarassing look.

kane

EOG master
Right now I think Mahomes should be the MVP, nothing against Hurts, I have him second, but Hurts has two studs at wideout, the best O-line in the league, a great running game, and a great defense, he's in a perfect position to have success, Mahomes has the best TE in football, but neither of his starting wideouts would start for Philly, he lost Tyreek Hill and the offense hasn't skipped a beat, he leads the league in yards per game, he leads the league in TD passes, he's first in QBR, and fourth in passer rating. Of course Hurts has MVP type numbers as well, but I think Mahomes has gotten in done with less to work with, so right now I give him the slight edge

Heim

EOG Master
I don't think Hurts will win MVP. But he will get something. Too big of a year. I don't know what his current odds are for Offensive player of the year, but there's the bet.

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting take on Lions this morning on VSIN. The Lions are the 4th best team in the NFC and won't make the playoffs.

The hype is out of control. 4th best!?

blueline

EOG Master
Lions have beaten washington and NYG already....if someone thinks they are better than minnesota tthey currently have a claim as the 4th best team

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
As bad as Z Wilson is, I still can’t play the Lions outside in December and lay points. The most important player in this game isn’t Wilson, it’s Goff.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Anything less than a fg, you should take ml. Unless you think the Lions will lose by 1 or 2. GTFO. Goof 20-10 FT.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Grade it, Bowling. Lions win again. 5-0 in the NFLe contest and Lions 7 wins away from lifting the Super Show trophy.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Grade it, Bowling. Lions win again. 5-0 in the NFLe contest and Lions 7 wins away from lifting the Super Show trophy.
I'm having a bad feeling about this game. HC Robert Salah has extra incentive to beat the Lions, as he is a home town guy, born and raised in Dearborn, MI, and the Lions passed him up for Dan Campbell. Has revenge on his mind.