New England....why???

Valuist

EOG Master
There's one weekly podcast who has a "dumbbell of the week" for the NFL every week. Jacoby Meyers a 1-9 favorite this week.

railbird

EOG Master
what was stupid was that there wasnt 4 or patriots sprinting down field to get a closer pitch or pass

Dell Dude

EOG Master
A rare smart decision just now. Rivera didn't call TO @ 2:05. 4th down will stop the clock anyway. Most coaches would call TO.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
We need to hear explanation for lateral.

Thought they were behind

Thought no overtime and needed to win

Scripted crook and lateral

???

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If you bet this league, should come with a disclaimer warning like taking the vaccine. Don't be surprised or assume anything.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bill Belichick now on the losing end of two crazy NFL finishes: The Miracle in Miami and The Lateral in Las Vegas.

Tsk tsk.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
There's one weekly podcast who has a "dumbbell of the week" for the NFL every week. Jacoby Meyers a 1-9 favorite this week.
Yeah, Jacoby Meyers wins this week.
But Miami Coach Saleh not calling timeout with all THREE timeouts left w @ 50 seconds left, on their 45 or so, bleeding 20 seconds, needing a FG, is Biden-esque cluelessness.
Candidate for 2nd stupidest move of the year.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Yeah, Jacoby Meyers wins this week.
But Miami Coach Saleh not calling timeout with all THREE timeouts left w @ 50 seconds left, on their 45 or so, bleeding 20 seconds, needing a FG, is Biden-esque cluelessness.
Candidate for 2nd stupidest move of the year.

Biden-esque cluelessness.

Spot On 5 Star Description.

Anything That Is Cluelessness, Should Have Biden's Name Attached To It.

And Also, Everybody Who Voted For Him.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Amazing that the loss takes them out of a playoff spot. Last 3 games for NE are vs. Cincy, vs. Miami, and @ Buffalo. They couldn't afford to lose yesterday unless they were planning on winning 2 of their last 3. Tough task.

Comedic loss

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Amazing that the loss takes them out of a playoff spot. Last 3 games for NE are vs. Cincy, vs. Miami, and @ Buffalo. They couldn't afford to lose yesterday unless they were planning on winning 2 of their last 3. Tough task.

Comedic loss

Comedic loss, indeed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I was tracking the score of the Patriots-Raiders game off my phone.

When the score flipped from 24-24 with 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter (Pats with the ball) to a 30-24 final with the Raiders posting a surprise win, I assumed a traditional Pick 6 or fumble return for a game-winning touchdown.

No way I could have imagined what happened unless I was watching live.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Just when you think you've seen it all....

I'm pretty sure I had to rewatch this over and over just to really take in what I just witnessed.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
All post game reports I heard "you were not losing" at least once. Heartbreaking way to lose a 4 teamer with a NE ML.

boston massacre

EOG Master
All post game reports I heard "you were not losing" at least once. Heartbreaking way to lose a 4 teamer with a NE ML.

A Lot Of Stuff Is Stupidity.

Why Does An Offensive Lineman False Start ?

You Know What The Snap Count Is When You Break The Huddle.

Wait For The Snap Count.

Why Does A Defensive Lineman, Cross The Line Of Scrimmage Before The Ball Is Snapped, Or Line Up Past The Line Of Scrimmage,

While The Ball Is Snapped ?

Just Watch The Football. Move After It's Snapped.

Why Do Players Block In The Back, On Punts And Kickoffs ?

You Learn Your Front From Your Back, By Age 6.

On The Patriots Play, You Do Something Like That, If You Are Behind, Not Tied Or Leading.

jimmythegreek

The backwards lateral that was 'intercepted very close to the line of scrimmage. So even if he did try to throw a hail Mary, an illegal forward pass would've simply ended regulation on a.ln offensive penalty, and still would've went to ot.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One strategy that should be employed on those crazy final plays that resemble rugby more than football: Insert your backup quarterback into the game for the sideline-to-sideline overhand lateral.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Just as I suspected, no legitimate explanation. And we move on. To week 16 which will have to hold week 15's beer like a vice to top it.

boston massacre

EOG Master
So what did they say after the game, was that an actual play? Or did the player just do that on his own?

They Play Politics, In The Interviews After The Game.

Nobody Wants To Throw Anybody Under The Bus.

Meyers Stepped Up And Said The Loss Was On Him.

Meyers Said Stephenson Lateraled Him The Ball, Because He Trusts Him.

Belichick Said , That , We Need To Play Smarter Football.

Belichick Was Asked; Why Didn't You Just Call A Hail Mary ?

Belchick Responded; We Couldn't Reach The End Zone.

Referencing, To Mac Jones, Having A Weak Arm.

2 Local Reporters Said, That's Bullshit.

They Said Belchick Was Just Covering For His OC/ Patricia, For Not Calling A Hail Mary.

Following Day, Mac Jones Said He Could Have Reached The End Zone.

As For The Thread Title ?

New England....why???​

Nobody Still Doesn't Know WHY ?

It's Like Asking A Washington D.C. Politician A Question.

Don't Expect The Truth.

mr merlin

EOG Master
They Play Politics, In The Interviews After The Game.

Nobody Wants To Throw Anybody Under The Bus.

Meyers Stepped Up And Said The Loss Was On Him.

Meyers Said Stephenson Lateraled Him The Ball, Because He Trusts Him.

Belichick Said , That , We Need To Play Smarter Football.

Belichick Was Asked; Why Didn't You Just Call A Hail Mary ?

Belchick Responded; We Couldn't Reach The End Zone.

Referencing, To Mac Jones, Having A Weak Arm.

2 Local Reporters Said, That's Bullshit.

They Said Belchick Was Just Covering For His OC/ Patricia, For Not Calling A Hail Mary.

Following Day, Mac Jones Said He Could Have Reached The End Zone.

As For The Thread Title ?

New England....why???​

Nobody Still Doesn't Know WHY ?

It's Like Asking A Washington D.C. Politician A Question.

Don't Expect The Truth.
We just don't see a lot of hail mary's anymore like we used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
We just don't see a lot of hail mary's anymore like we used to.

Would love to see a Hail Mary pass play executed when the offensive team is not in a desperate situation.

I think the play has a chance to work by catching the defense off guard.

Third-and-15 from midfield in a scoreless game might be a good spot in lieu of a draw play or swing pass to the running back.

#TheElementOfSurprise

mr merlin

EOG Master
Would love to see a Hail Mary pass play executed when the offensive team is not in a desperate situation.

I think the play has a chance to work by catching the defense off guard.

Third-and-15 from midfield in a scoreless game might be a good spot in lieu of a draw play or swing pass to the running back.

#TheElementOfSurprise
Much more liekly to get pass interference in that situation too.

blueline

EOG Master
When was the last time you saw PI called on a Hail Mary? The refs allow the defense to mug the receivers and nothing is ever called

from a 2012 article :

You know, of course, about the Monday Night Football game from two weeks ago that gave the Seahawks a win they shouldn’t have and set up the replacement officials from an unceremoniously exit from the NFL.

But here’s what you don’t know about the Hail Mary that Russell Wilson threw to Golden Tate, who supposedly had a simultaneous catch with Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings after pushing off on Sam Shields: two replacement referees told Showtime’s Inside the NFL that they were told not to call pass interference penalties on Hail Marys.

“(For) the deep officials, it was brought up that you don’t really call interference on a Hail Mary…,” said Wayne Elliott, who was the head referee for that infamous Packers-Seahawks game. “The deep officials were trained that during a Hail Mary, there’s a lot of bodies in there and you just let it go.”

Co-host Cris Collinsworth responded by saying, “Whoa! Really?”

“Which is a philosophy in college too,” said Jim Core, another replacement official. “Those Hail Marys, you don’t want to say all bets are off, but for the most part you let the players decide.”

boston massacre

EOG Master
Never Seen A Flag On Hail Mary.

If You Were Going To Throw The Flag For PI On A Hail Mary, You'd Have To Announce The Penalty Was On Number 25, 35, 57,45.

mr merlin

EOG Master
When was the last time you saw PI called on a Hail Mary? The refs allow the defense to mug the receivers and nothing is ever called
exactly, they dont call it on obvious hail mary's, on a not so obvious play where 3 receivers end up in the same spot it just might happen.

jimmythegreek

Even though Illinois backers were eventually shafted today, it was a nice reminder to know at least they were losing in regulation during this lateral fest.

Valuist

EOG Master
WTF just happened in Miami? They award a safety a couple minutes after the game is over? The NFL needs to stop counting these garbage points on end of game lateral nonsense.