Lebron & The Scoring Record...

railbird

EOG Master
He'll be the NBA's all time leading scorer, and scoring isn't his best skill, let that sink in, also top 5 all time is assists, there will be many more great players, there will never be another LeBron James
average nba total is 230, in 1990 it was 180

railbird

EOG Master
If the Mailman wasnt a cowboy and more of a hoodrat the main stream media would have him top 5 of all time

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've always felt Larry and Magic handed the baton to Jordan who handed it to Kobe who handed it to LeBron.

Agreeing with BOMZEE, let's start with Wilt handing the baton to Kareem who handed it to Larry and Magic.

Heim

EOG Master
Bird and Magic have to be top 10. Before them NBA playoff games were tape delayed on CBS. The league almost went under.

Kobe for as great as he was didn't revolution the game as others. I would even put Steph ahead of him for bringing the trifecta to the forefront.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Game has never changed?

Totals in the 180's during the Bad Boys run.

Totals in the 230's and 240's these days.

Game has never changed?

Correct.

The Inventor, James Naismith, Said To Put The Ball Into The Basket.

Tell Me What Has Changed About That.

James Naismith

1675697061865.png

Naismith holding a basketball and basket

Rules Have Changed.

Coaches Have Changed.

Players Have Changed.

What Has Changed About The Game, Which Is To Put The Ball Thru The Basket ?

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
IMO
The ABA deserves more recognition and appreciation
And impacted the game forever in a good way
So many fantastic players -
Players such as
Dr J and Connie Hawkins at their best took a back seat
To literally no one
Before the ABA there was no such thing as a three point shot

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
IMO
The ABA deserves more recognition and appreciation
And impacted the game forever in a good way
So many fantastic players -
Players such as
Dr J and Connie Hawkins at their best took a back seat
To literally no one
Before the ABA there was no such thing as a three point shot

I owned a red, white and blue basketball growing up.

It was a cheapie.

K-mart Blue Light Special, I believe.

The ABA did not receive much coverage in Chicago.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I owned a red, white and blue basketball growing up.

It was a cheapie.

K-mart Blue Light Special, I believe.

The ABA did not receive much coverage in Chicago.
Very little coverage. I remember some on South Bend TV as the Pacers were Indiana’s team.

The biggest effect by the ABA was signing players before they used up their college eligibility.

The best contract was this - https://www.sportshistoryweekly.com...na-basketball-nba-aba-spirits-of-st-louis,984

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Many years ago
I remember reading
50 ten year olds were asked
Which ball do you like better
The NBA ball or the ABA ball ?
As I recall It was 50 to Zero
For the ABA ball

hels

EOG Dedicated
He's a master manipulator. From players, refs, coaches, and fans. He gets them all to do what he wants.

hels

EOG Dedicated
Lebron would be WWE champion if he ever goes that route.

I'd probably watch him being the smug asshole he really is. Problem is he'd only let them portray him as a nice guy (that is how the best manipulators want to be seen, right)?

hels

EOG Dedicated
His finishing move would be the slam dunk. He'd grab a players head with one hand and pretend the head is a basketball. He would get the 3 count, do a 3 point shot pose like he just hit a game winning shot, leave the ring and walk out showing no emotion. Only a passing comment to that perfectly placed reporter in the laneway walk to the locker room. You couldn't wait to see his Monday Night Raw interview from the male salon parlor where he's getting a pedicure after his ppv win. This shit writes itself.

hels

EOG Dedicated
While he's running through all the D League wrestlers like electrical tape on Janet Jackson's nipple. Brock Lesnar (current heel) tricks Lebron into signing a contract saying Lebron has to become a primary tag team wrestler first (with Brock) and individual pro wrestler second. Lebron's wrestling is equivalent to Jordan's MLB gig. The tag team run with Lesnar keeps him in the spotlight with a tag team WWE revival. He teams up with a female wrestler too as the contract didn't say anything about mixed doubles wrestling. Since his contract only allows 1 1v1 match every 3 months he can headline ppvs with top tier guys and become World Champion through amazing circumstances where he never technically cheats nor knows about the cheating. Lesnar turns and aids Lebron in becoming champ without Lebron knowing. Lebron becomes evil (unknowingly) through Lesnar. When it's Lebron's time to go bye bye, Lesnar tricks Lebron into signing a contract that has a singles clause that if Lebron gets pinned he gives up singles Championship to whoever pins him. Lesnar had it planned (big time backstory) that one of the other guys would pin Lebron and become singles championship. Lesnar gets blinded and while he's crawling over to pin the fallen appointment, Lebron has a 50/50 head injury with other wrestler. Lesnar accidentally pins Lebron and becomes champion.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Game has never changed?

Correct.

The Inventor, James Naismith, Said To Put The Ball Into The Basket.

Tell Me What Has Changed About That.

James Naismith

View attachment 7468022

Naismith holding a basketball and basket

Rules Have Changed.

Coaches Have Changed.

Players Have Changed.

What Has Changed About The Game, Which Is To Put The Ball Thru The Basket ?
Rules pertaining to how the game is played on offense and/or defense will almost always change as to how the game is approached pertaining to strategy. However, the rules to your team to win of scoring more than your opponents team will never change.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Rules pertaining to how the game is played on offense and/or defense will almost always change as to how the game is approached pertaining to strategy. However, the rules to your team to win of scoring more than your opponents team will never change.

Correct.

Rules Will Change The Philosophical Approach, On Ways To Score More Points Than Your Opponent.

But The Object Of The Game Will Never Change, Which Is The Point Is Was Making

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Moses Malone should be on more top 10 lists

Moses made a lot of shots from close range.

He also missed a lot of shots from close range.

That's one way to pad your offensive rebounding stats.

I'll always remember the way he carried himself on the court.

Head low, shoulders hunched.

Wore goggles late in his career.

Heim

EOG Master
Lebron +190 to break the record 4th quarter.

Lebron +115 (1Q) to break it next game on Thursday

My favorite: Kareem to congratulate him in some form or fashion (-700)

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
total turnovers not really a great metric to knock a player down on

the all time list is pretty much all hall of famers or future hall of famers through the top 30 players in that stat

you have to be very good for a long time and get a lot of minutes and have the ball in your hand a lot

Kobe and Stockton are 5th and 6th all time in turnovers

Of course the turnover list is going to be dominated by players that played a long time in the league. Yes, longevity is a factor in these "best/worst of all time" things....

Just like the positive stats like scoring and so on that the talking heads are always gushing about when Brick is atop the list.

Funny how when it's this Brick clown the narrative is always adjusted.

Yeah we will disagree on this one, turnovers are an important stat, in fact it's an important part of every game played!?

To just wave a wand and say it's not important that he's given more possessions away to the opponent than anyone who's ever played the game would be comical if not so pathetic.

Kind of funny, since Brick is the worst to ever play the game now the stat isn't important. :rolleyes:

boston massacre

EOG Master
At the least top 10 for great sports quote

Fo fo fo

He Was Also Famous For Another Quote/ Statement, When He Played For The Houston Rockets In 1981.

He Said, Referring To The 1981 Boston Celtics “I could take four guys off the streets of Petersburg (Malone’s Virginia hometown) and beat them,”

He also referred to the Celtics as “chumps.”

The Celtics Proceeded To Beat The Rockets For The Championship in 1981.

At The Celtics Championship Parade, Larry Bird Grabbed The Microphone and Said, “I think after all the hollering and screaming, I look out in the

crowd and see one thing that typifies our season,” he said to the crowd, After Seeing A Sign That He Agreed With, Bird Repeated;

" MOSES DOES EAT SHIT "

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CNN just reported LeBron's scoring record as breaking news.

The reporter on the scene: Omar Jiminez, former Northwestern hoopster.

Jiminez played sparingly for the Wildcats during the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.

Jiminez appeared in 25 games, averaging about two-and-a-half minutes per game.

1675833719155.png

1675833740543.png

Heim

EOG Master
Ricky Henderson in conclusion of his record breaking performance:

Clearly feeling good about what he’d done, Henderson finished up saying “Lou Brock was a great base stealer, but today I am the greatest of all time.”

Ricky was special. 😅

Heim

EOG Master
Van Gundy was right tonight, no clue how to utilize AD offensively. Floating around the key while RW & LBJ play pitch and catch.

How good is OKC going to be next few years with all those number ones in the fold. Meanwhile Lakeshow applying for Social Security....