Don't Be Like Mike (Irvin)

Heim

EOG Master
100 Million Lawsuit....Michael Irvin v. Marriot:

As per the new court filing, written by a Marriott attorney, Irvin “flagged down” the woman in the lobby’s bar area as she was working, asked about her job, told her that he found her attractive, and introduced himself. The woman explained that she was not an NFL fan and didn’t know who Irvin was; Irvin reportedly told her to look him up on the internet.

During this initial exchange, Irvin shook the woman’s hand and also touched her arm “without her consent, causing her to step back, becoming visibly uncomfortable.”

It’s then that Irvin allegedly made the most disturbing accusation contained in the motion document.

Irvin “asked the Victim whether she knew anything about having a ‘big Black man inside of [her],'” per the court motion. “Taken aback by Irvin’s comments, the Victim responded that his comments were inappropriate, and she did not wish to discuss it further.”

“Irvin then attempted to grab the Victim’s hand again and said he was ‘sorry if he brought up bad memories’ for her,” the motion continues. “The Victim pulled her hand away and tried to back away from Irvin as he continued to move towards her.”

Two hotel workers apparently approached in an attempt to intervene, at which point Irvin closed the encounter with another handshake, which the Marriott legal team says the woman returned, “wanting the interaction to end.”

The former Cowboys star allegedly “stated that he would come back to find [the woman] sometime that week when she was working.” He also allegedly “leered” at the woman as she walked away and made suggestive comments overheard by another hotel employee, saying “She bad,” and “I want to hit that.”

The video is going to be released publicly but you won't be able to hear the conversation. If the above is true, Irvin should have been dumped by the NFL. If not, Michael hit another pay day.

Heim

EOG Master
At least Irvin was not overheard saying 'where the white woman at' when he entered the hotel after a night of drinking.

Heim

EOG Master
Looks like his days of 'First Take' and at NFL Network, are numbered, among other projects.

Some of these old school guys forget it's not the late 80's anymore where they can say and do what they want. Didn't the Cowboy players have a house by the training facility just to party and have woman around?

blueline

EOG Master
Marriott says he was " visibly intoxicated"

Irvin was taken off Super Bowl LVII assignments due to the Feb. 5 incident near the site of the game, but says he did not harrass anyone.

"This sickens me because in this great country, this takes me back to a time where a White woman would accuse a Black man of something, and they would take a bunch of guys that were above the law, run in a barn, put a rope around his foot and drag him through the mud – and hang him by the tree. Not a thought about what would happen, not investigation, not after repeated attempts of people trying to go and say, ‘Guys, here is what really happened.’"

"How can I defend myself if I don’t even know what I am defending myself against?" he said, before adding, "This just blows my mind that in 2023 we’re still dragging and hanging brothers by a tree. That blows my mind that I have no opportunity to defend – I don’t even know what I’m defending."

railbird

EOG Master
Marriott says he was " visibly intoxicated"

Irvin was taken off Super Bowl LVII assignments due to the Feb. 5 incident near the site of the game, but says he did not harrass anyone.

"This sickens me because in this great country, this takes me back to a time where a White woman would accuse a Black man of something, and they would take a bunch of guys that were above the law, run in a barn, put a rope around his foot and drag him through the mud – and hang him by the tree. Not a thought about what would happen, not investigation, not after repeated attempts of people trying to go and say, ‘Guys, here is what really happened.’"

"How can I defend myself if I don’t even know what I am defending myself against?" he said, before adding, "This just blows my mind that in 2023 we’re still dragging and hanging brothers by a tree. That blows my mind that I have no opportunity to defend – I don’t even know what I’m defending."
my freind who owns a restraunt doesnt hire women, women cause lots of trouble

blueline

EOG Master
After the woman walked off, Irvin allegedly said, “She bad, She bad, I want to hit that” and then slapped himself in the face before saying, “Keep it together, Mike,” according to another hotel worker cited in the filing.

The woman reported the incident to hotel management the next day, and Marriott alerted the NFL, which had reportedly asked the company to flag any misbehavior by its staff.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Strangely I was at two different functions over the last 20 years where Michael Irvin was present and in both instances he was hitting on woman. I heard one of his conversations and in my opinion he is a predator.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Don't know anything about Irvin using drugs but he seemed to be drunk one of the two times and he came on to both women and said things that if I was a woman I would have called security or police. He might have been a Hall of Fame athlete but he's a big time predator.

Heim

EOG Master
The NFL didn't arbitrarily dismiss him. They did a thorough investigation almost immediately with verified statements.

Lol at Irvin stating they were talking football and where she can see him in tv.

Marriott isn't going to settle. Irvin better be careful he doesn't have to pay their attorneys fees too if he loses.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Just reading that transcript what he said was pretty mild. Should he have said that - no, was it innappropriate - yes, should he be punished for saying that stuff - not really..

The NFL didn't arbitrarily dismiss him. They did a thorough investigation almost immediately with verified statements.

Lol at Irvin stating they were talking football and where she can see him in tv.

Marriott isn't going to settle. Irvin better be careful he doesn't have to pay their attorneys fees too if he loses.
He's not suing them.

howid

EOG Dedicated
how much did Erin Andrews get from a hotel, something like $10 million that may have been reduced on appeal.

Irvin will collect something, likely a settlement ...

Heim

EOG Master
What motivation does this girl have to lie? She going to go through the wringer now. Depositions, interrogatories, media. For what?

She was being cordial to a hotel guest.

She's a young woman. Irvin was aggressive in his demeanor. What's the point of touching her if you're talking about sports?

Naturally his attorney will spin this as a friendly conversation, there is no sound.

She told her manager what happened, NFL sent a memo to report any unprofessional conduct by any NFL team members. They did that. NFL investigated and found cause to dismiss him immediately. Irvin is being a litigious dick here. He slapped himself because he knew he was out of line. Of course his lawyer will say he was splashing on cologne.

I get the feeling troubles at home over this, which might explain this suit.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
There's a phone video going around showing Irvin going into the bar area looking for her later in the evening. She's sitting at a pub like table with some friends. She sees him and looks away.

Naturally Irvin wanted to finish the sports talk conversation. 😅

MrTop

EOG Master
Wait till he sees the bill at the middle of the month from the attorney. If he is the one suing just quit.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
What motivation does this girl have to lie? She going to go through the wringer now. Depositions, interrogatories, media. For what?

She was being cordial to a hotel guest.

She's a young woman. Irvin was aggressive in his demeanor. What's the point of touching her if you're talking about sports?

Naturally his attorney will spin this as a friendly conversation, there is no sound.

She told her manager what happened, NFL sent a memo to report any unprofessional conduct by any NFL team members. They did that. NFL investigated and found cause to dismiss him immediately. Irvin is being a litigious dick here. He slapped himself because he knew he was out of line. Of course his lawyer will say he was splashing on cologne.

I get the feeling troubles at home over this, which might explain this suit.
When you use the term "aggressive in his demeanor" that means he didn't do shit. I'm not a michael irvin fan at all but his misbehavior amounts to almost nothing.