NHL 2022-2023

kane

EOG master
Some guy from Winnipeg gets his face slashed by an opponent's skate, he goes to the locker room and gets 75 stitches, then comes back into the game, meanwhile Kawhi Leaonard misses 25 games a year due to "load management", hockey players are just built different

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Some guy from Winnipeg gets his face slashed by an opponent's skate, he goes to the locker room and gets 75 stitches, then comes back into the game, meanwhile Kawhi Leaonard misses 25 games a year due to "load management", hockey players are just built different
That guy from Winnipeg was 24 yr old center Morgan Barron who just completed his first full NHL season.
His current contract pays him a paltry $832k per year.

Last night was his very first NHL playoff game. He wasn’t going let 75 stitches slow him down.
For playoff hockey you need a “balls to the wall” attitude.

kane

EOG master
That guy from Winnipeg was 24 yr old center Morgan Barron who just completed his first full NHL season.
His current contract pays him a paltry $832k per year.

Last night was his very first NHL playoff game. He wasn’t going let 75 stitches slow him down.
For playoff hockey you need a “balls to the wall” attitude.
I don't know if you're old enough to remember this, but it was the most horrific thing I've seen on the ice, I thought Malarchuk would bleed out right there

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
I don't know if you're old enough to remember this, but it was the most horrific thing I've seen on the ice, I thought Malarchuk would bleed out right there.
Yes, I remember the Malarchuk injury.
Was gruesome to see the blood gushing from his neck all over the crease.

Fun fact, In 2008, Malarchuk survived a suicide attempt near his home close to Fish Springs Nevada while hunting rabbits with a rifle.
According to his wife, he had been consuming alcohol combined with his medication for the treatment of his OCD and depression.
(Edit: fact wasn’t that fun, really)

So much drama in his life. Sad.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Nice call on game 1, sounded like the Jets outplayed them badly, haven't been able to watch much but hoping the Jets can take them down eventually.

choslamshe

EOG Master
3 games in and Kings already looking like a team that's going to be gritty and get good goaltending every game. It's where they 'have' the Oilers and at this time of the year, you have to have stand out tending. Skinner isn't that guy, and it's been the difference thus far.

Bushay

NHL Expert
3 games in and Kings already looking like a team that's going to be gritty and get good goaltending every game. It's where they 'have' the Oilers and at this time of the year, you have to have stand out tending. Skinner isn't that guy, and it's been the difference thus far.
They match up well with the Oil. The criticism they got for dumping Quick after so many years is looking like a good move now. 2 good coaches in this one. Oil just needs 1 of these 2 in LA and it's a best of 3 with Edmonton home-ice advantage. Will be a very important game 4 but the bookmakers are still not sold and respecting the KIngs yet. Edm -143 Sunday night.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Went back to Isles-Canes Under today, hopefully better result than the last crappy game

ANYONE with Under 5 in G3..............I have nothing to say.

1-1 with under 4 minutes left ends 5-1.

Not as bad as G1 of Losepeg/Golden Showers - but not far off

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Massive discussion on the GWG.

I am biased but I honestly have no idea if Vilardi touched the puck, or not. MAYBE he did but you can't reverse a play on MAYBE!

What is not debatable is: Oilers needs to stop taking stupid penalties. Late penalty in G1 allowed Kings a PP to tie the game then another in OT. G3 - RN-H with a dumb penalty and it cost them. Oilers have a great PP but Kings were #4 this season at 25%.

I think G4 is huge. OIlers lose they go down 3-1 and the pressure of past failures really starts to wear on them. Win - and now Oilers are in a "Best of 3"with 2 at home.

Kings +140 is the only way to play the game but I can't and have to pass.

Today: I like Losepeg but I have them +140 for the series so not gonna do anything but watch knowing I have a nice priced ticket on them although they are +125ish now so not thaaaaaat great in comparison

kane

EOG master
I don't feel comfortable posting my hockey stuff since it's not really my sport, but one play I've been making, and will continue to do until the series ends, is the Car/NYI games Under 1.5 FP, it's cashed all three games so far, can't play an Under 5 or 5.5 since the end game goalie pulling often creates a nightmare ending for Under backers. The first game I laid -115, the second game -130, and last night also -130, I'm surprised these aren't juiced higher, but I don't bet the sport enough to really know, curious to see what they're using tomorrow

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I had not looked at it till now
I don't feel comfortable posting my hockey stuff since it's not really my sport, but one play I've been making, and will continue to do until the series ends, is the Car/NYI games Under 1.5 FP, it's cashed all three games so far, can't play an Under 5 or 5.5 since the end game goalie pulling often creates a nightmare ending for Under backers. The first game I laid -115, the second game -130, and last night also -130, I'm surprised these aren't juiced higher, but I don't bet the sport enough to really know, curious to see what they're using tomorrow
Smart to do that kane, frustrating since in the grand Challenge I thought they were decent game plays since its full game bets however your path was much better and the results proved it

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Massive discussion on the GWG.

I am biased but I honestly have no idea if Vilardi touched the puck, or not. MAYBE he did but you can't reverse a play on MAYBE!

What is not debatable is: Oilers needs to stop taking stupid penalties. Late penalty in G1 allowed Kings a PP to tie the game then another in OT. G3 - RN-H with a dumb penalty and it cost them. Oilers have a great PP but Kings were #4 this season at 25%.

I think G4 is huge. OIlers lose they go down 3-1 and the pressure of past failures really starts to wear on them. Win - and now Oilers are in a "Best of 3"with 2 at home.

Kings +140 is the only way to play the game but I can't and have to pass.

Today: I like Losepeg but I have them +140 for the series so not gonna do anything but watch knowing I have a nice priced ticket on them although they are +125ish now so not thaaaaaat great in comparison
GL in the game today, just watched the OT, as you said you can't change it without confirmation or on a maybe. Bad penalties are costing the Oilers, let's see what the future brings

Last edited:

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
The Draisaitl penalty real stupid on Doughty that lead to the tying goal. I'm taping a lot of stuff cause I'm unavailable to watch most times during the week, that was frustrating watching a 1-1 under 5 game fizzle out with a record 4 goal unburst within a 3 minutes window.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The Draisaitl penalty real stupid on Doughty that lead to the tying goal. I'm taping a lot of stuff cause I'm unavailable to watch most times during the week, that was frustrating watching a 1-1 under 5 game fizzle out with a record 4 goal unburst within a 3 minutes window.

Agree - and how many really stupid penalties have the Oilers taken this series? I count at least 4: The 2 at the end of regulation and OT in G1. Draisaitl as mentioned and then RN-H in OT - can't really argue when you break the guy's stick in half.ut instead are down 2-1.

All 4 ended up in the next and cost them. I am happy - you see why - but just like in years past their immaturity and stupidity is costing them games. They SHOULD be up 3-0 but instead are down 2-1.

Oilers coach has a "Deer in the Headlights" look to him. Gotta think he is not long for the job if they lose this series.

choslamshe

EOG Master
As much as Doughty may not be the player he once was (physically/skill-wise), he is the smartest player on the ice and it too is apparent. True leader, been here before (several times), and just seems like he knows what he's doing. Its rubbing off on the rest of the team, real quick...

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated

Carmine from WagerTalk reported this week that the best bet on playoff totals since 2018 has been over 5.5.
It has cashed about 59% of the time. He also added that total over 6.5 was second best totals bet.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Oilers coach has a "Deer in the Headlights" look to him. Gotta think he is not long for the job if they lose this series.

Every 2nd time the camera is on him he has that look, haha

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
As much as Doughty may not be the player he once was (physically/skill-wise), he is the smartest player on the ice and it too is apparent. True leader, been here before (several times), and just seems like he knows what he's doing. Its rubbing off on the rest of the team, real quick...
Good example of how he makes teammates around him better through his play, teaching, leadership ...etc..

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Carmine from WagerTalk reported this week that the best bet on playoff totals since 2018 has been over 5.5.
It has cashed about 59% of the time. He also added that total over 6.5 was second best totals bet.
So my unders haven't been doing well for a reason then Neveragain :(

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
So my unders haven't been doing well for a reason then Neveragain :(
Your hockey picks are mostly solid.
Long term you’re a winning capper.
The contest being just 30 days is not enough to overcome the sports betting variance.
GL sharky rest of the way!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Hope you played it, as it hit again.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Every 2nd time the camera is on him he has that look, haha
I Disagree. Strongly. They brought him in last February and was the only coach in this era to teach this team to win. Turning the whole program around. .725 win pct last season. Then 2 series wins in the playoffs including a game 7 win knocking these Kings from the playoffs only to lose to the eventual SC Champ Avs. Then the 2nd best record in the West this season. This team struggled for years because of poor management and coaching. He's been a blessing for Oil fans. Even if they lose this series to the Kings, I'm pretty certain he isn't going anywhere. He's young looking but if you listen to him speak, he's just the coach you want to play for.

Bushay

NHL Expert
I didn’t look till the 3rd. But you’re likely in the ballpark. Often a big favorite or a team like Edmonton with all that firepower they certainly won’t go that high. That’s pretty much all I play these days are live odds. They are juiced much higher, but I get a much better feel while watching a live game than before puck drop.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Such a huge difference tonight as I sit down to watch these late games. Winnipeg, down 3-1, at home entering the 3rd are +830. While the Avs, on the road, down 2-0 halfway through the game are just +340.

Bushay

NHL Expert
High-danger scoring chances (HDSC) halfway thru the Avs game are 8-2 Seattle so far. The Kracken are really taking it to them tonight. So far.

Bushay

NHL Expert
That 4th win is ALWAYS the toughest......but the Leafs really got over a bit of a hump tonight. They take a 3-1 lead over the Bolts. Awesome comeback in TB. Down 4-1 to start the 3rd.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Such a huge difference tonight as I sit down to watch these late games. Winnipeg, down 3-1, at home entering the 3rd are +830. While the Avs, on the road, down 2-0 halfway through the game are just +340.
And just like that Avs tie it up. The jets cut the lead to 1 with 9 to go +520 but I'm still not biting on this one.