NFL Week 10

Valuist

EOG Master
Post your thoughts here.

Josh Dobbs made for a great story last week, leading the comeback win over Atlanta. Amazing with zero practice reps.

But Atlanta didn't prepare for Dobbs. And now the Saints have a week to prepare for Dobbs. Dobbs record as a starter? 1-9. Dobbs rush props are worth a look. He's still unfamiliar with the offense, so any hesitation to throw and he will run. The Saints play a lot of M2M, so that could mean some rush yards to be had.

Last edited by a moderator:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Kenny Pickett over 204.5 passing yards -115 vs Green Bay

It's going to be a coming out party for him. GB defense going to get torched.

MrTop

EOG Master
the SF/jax game will be a BIG tell for me how strong the NFC is. Philly has some monster games coming up that spills the beans on who is stronger than who.

Valuist

EOG Master
the SF/jax game will be a BIG tell for me how strong the NFC is. Philly has some monster games coming up that spills the beans on who is stronger than who.

That SF/Jax game kind of reminds me of a horse race where there are 2 main contenders. One has a very good record but has been getting a number good trips/setups. The other might be dirtied up a bit. Both coming in off byes. I know which horse I want.

dogball

EOG Master
That SF/Jax game kind of reminds me of a horse race where there are 2 main contenders. One has a very good record but has been getting a number good trips/setups. The other might be dirtied up a bit. Both coming in off byes. I know which horse I want.
not a horse guy, you like SF?
Like to hear some opinions as I would love NOT to use Dallas this week in survivor. Available options that make sense to me are Baltimore, Pitt, New Orleans ( hate using them on the road) line is a tell to me . Thoughts please ? Thanks for any comments on survivor options
I am betting straight -110 on Houston and Washington

Valuist

EOG Master
Like to hear some opinions as I would love NOT to use Dallas this week in survivor. Available options that make sense to me are Baltimore, Pitt, New Orleans ( hate using them on the road) line is a tell to me . Thoughts please ? Thanks for any comments on survivor options
Don’t use Pittsburgh. I know GB isn’t good but Pittsburgh isn’t either. They could easily be a 2 win team at this point.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
How many are alive and who have you used? Sometimes you have to take the layup.

Why would you not take Dallas? Saving them for next week when they're on the road against a Carolina team that has an extra few days to prepare? Don't over think this one. Both my pools have about half the participants with the Cowboys still available. The Cowboys beat the crap out of the teams they are supposed to. It will be those choosing from the rest of the pool who go down this week.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Post your thoughts here.

Josh Dobbs made for a great story last week, leading the comeback win over Atlanta. Amazing with zero practice reps.

But Atlanta didn't prepare for Dobbs. And now the Saints have a week to prepare for Dobbs. Dobbs record as a starter? 1-9. Dobbs rush props are worth a look. He's still unfamiliar with the offense, so any hesitation to throw and he will run. The Saints play a lot of M2M, so that could mean some rush yards to be had.
Bagent just came off a 70-yard rushing game vs NO also, I like the Dobbs rush yards.

dogball

EOG Master
How many are alive and who have you used? Sometimes you have to take the layup.

Why would you not take Dallas? Saving them for next week when they're on the road against a Carolina team that has an extra few days to prepare? Don't over think this one. Both my pools have about half the participants with the Cowboys still available. The Cowboys beat the crap out of the teams they are supposed to. It will be those choosing from the rest of the pool who go down this week.
Thanks guys, Ive used to date -
Giants, Washington, SF, Buffalo, Cleveland, Seattle, Miami, Philly and Chargers
Now saving Detroit for Turkey day and Kc for christmas

Its Circa. around 1150 remaining.

dogball

EOG Master
call me nuts but why can't it be me?? Thereare 10 weeks left after this one - I have at least 5 reliable teams to use
Balt, Cinci, Jacks,KC, Detroit
So your telling me if I choose 5 games at approx -185 , I have a chance to win a share of a HUGE prize. This assumes Dallas gets me past the 1/2 way mark.
Come December, if I am still alive, gonna get interesting. Will need a sticky thread , some oxygen and strippers.

Interesting that 1153 remain in Circa Survivor.

Last year going into Week 10, 115 Circa entries were alive, 3 made it to Week 18 (20 selections).
Haven't had The Big One yet this year. Will it be the Cowboys?

Any idea idea how many entries have already used them?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
How many played Chicago this week? Ended up being a sweat, but I thought they were a team to set yourself apart while saving Detroit and Dallas.

Valuist

EOG Master
How many played Chicago this week? Ended up being a sweat, but I thought they were a team to set yourself apart while saving Detroit and Dallas.

I was going to say how many other chances would one have to use the Bears but they do host Arizona on Xmas eve.

dogball

EOG Master
I was going to say how many other chances would one have to use the Bears but they do host Arizona on Xmas eve.
Arizona should play better and closer now, they could take the bears for sure. I considered the Bears this week but it did not make sense to use them with Dallas available and I prefer Detroit Turkey day anyway.

dogball

EOG Master
Interesting that 1153 remain in Circa Survivor.

Last year going into Week 10, 115 Circa entries were alive, 3 made it to Week 18 (20 selections).
great info, I figured its been an easier year than historically. By the time Turkey weekend concludes, it should be thinned out considerably.

Valuist

EOG Master
Arizona should play better and closer now, they could take the bears for sure. I considered the Bears this week but it did not make sense to use them with Dallas available and I prefer Detroit Turkey day anyway.

I'm not so sure about that. Murray will be an upgrade over Tune no doubt but I'm not sure he's that much better than Dobbs, at least right now. I expect some rust from Murray. It seems like the market is assuming he's 100 pct and the over has taken some action. I'd be hesitant on that.

dogball

EOG Master
I'm not so sure about that. Murray will be an upgrade over Tune no doubt but I'm not sure he's that much better than Dobbs, at least right now. I expect some rust from Murray. It seems like the market is assuming he's 100 pct and the over has taken some action. I'd be hesitant on that.
imo, slight upgrade over Dodds who did well. More experienced, think he can pull out a game like they lost in Seattle where it was handed to them. all I'm saying is they will be a tougher out but agree Murray is going to have rust to work off and was mostly disappointing last season when he played anyway. GL this weekend, who r u betting in SF v JACKS

Valuist

EOG Master
imo, slight upgrade over Dodds who did well. More experienced, think he can pull out a game like they lost in Seattle where it was handed to them. all I'm saying is they will be a tougher out but agree Murray is going to have rust to work off and was mostly disappointing last season when he played anyway. GL this weekend, who r u betting in SF v JACKS
Niners -3

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
call me nuts but why can't it be me?? Thereare 10 weeks left after this one - I have at least 5 reliable teams to use
Balt, Cinci, Jacks,KC, Detroit
So your telling me if I choose 5 games at approx -185 , I have a chance to win a share of a HUGE prize. This assumes Dallas gets me past the 1/2 way mark.
Come December, if I am still alive, gonna get interesting. Will need a sticky thread , some oxygen and strippers.
I wonder how many have multiple entries alive? Supposedly there is a person with 10 still.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Connor will help a lot also.

dogball

EOG Master
As of Thursday morning:

5 have 10 entries
2 have 8
3 have 5
14 have 4
49 have 3
114 have 2
thanks for this truly SCARY info , makes me feel like I have no shot. 5 entries with 10 alive still is concerning for a single entry like me. At least we thinned some down today with CINCI losing !!

choslamshe

EOG Master
Bills going down tomorrow. Offense one dimensional and overrated. Defense with how thin they all of a sudden a bottom of the league defense.

Broncos schedule after Buffalo - vs Minny, vs Cleveland, @ Houston. Team can be firm in playoff race starting tomorrow.

Valuist

EOG Master
Agree, posts some good nuggets, hope he played he Dobbs props mentioned in the thread starter.
Dobbs was the first prop I bet this week.

I made one stupid mistake this week. I bet New Orleans, reading too much into the QB crap. New Orleans is not a good team; New Orleans is not an average team. They are about 2 1/2 points worse than league average. They were plus 5 in turnovers and penalized 65 less yards than the Bears a week ago and struggled to win. If Chicago was only minus 2 in turnovers or only 20 more penalty yards, good chance they win. I graded the Bears as clearly the better team a week ago. And now a Minn team without Jefferson and Cousins beats them like a drum. The final score was misleading. Too bad the Saints are on a bye, as they are a trash team right now.

Last edited:

howid

EOG Dedicated
should be an unwritten rule; no PI on a Hail Mary since none was called on the original Staubach to Pearson; though rare they once in a blue moon do call it ...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Dobbs was the first prop I bet this week.

I made one stupid mistake this week. I bet New Orleans, reading too much into the QB crap. New Orleans is not a good team; New Orleans is not an average team. They are about 2 1/2 points worse than league average. They were plus 5 in turnovers and penalized 65 less yards than the Bears a week ago and struggled to win. If Chicago was only minus 2 in turnovers or only 20 more penalty yards, good chance they win. I graded the Bears as clearly the better team a week ago. And now a Minn team without Jefferson and Cousins beats them like a drum. The final score was misleading. Too bad the Saints are on a bye, as they are a trash team right now.
The Saints are probably better with Winston, but not much. The Bears played them pretty well until Bagent had that bad 4th qtr. The Minn D has stepped up some in this stretch, Jefferson may be back next week also.

Valuist

EOG Master
If the Giants are a 10 point dog to Washington, have to believe the linemaker feels they are the worst team in the NFL. Hard to argue with that. Arizona looked a lot better with Murray, and Carolina has at least been competitive.