Reload's WNBA Saturday afternoon "Payback's The Bitch!" Revenge Game of the Week!

Reload's WNBA Saturday afternoon "Payback's The Bitch" Revenge Game of the Week!
(WNBA Record: 22-20-1)

I had a big winner last night to kick off the second half of the WNBA season as the Charlotte Sting bitch-slapped the San Antonio Silver Stars 81-65 to win straight up as a home underdog in my "Bitch-off Tip-off" Game of the Month! Everyone on the internet was against me on this play including the WNBA Unlucky Computer, the gynecologist, and even the experts on covers.com! But the Reload backers reloaded big and cashed on it!

Today it is another big winner coming up in the nationally televised game between the Connecticut Sun and the Sacramento Monarchs! It's a rematch of last year's WNBA finals and my selection is yours free right here only on EOG!

For my WNBA "Payback's The Bitch" Game of the Week, I am taking the Connecticut Sun plus 2 1/2 points against the Sacramento Monarchs! This game is televised live on ABC at 4pm ET so get in now!

The Sacramento Monarchs start off the second half of the season in a big game with this spot against the Sun and I feel they will come out on the losing end. Although earlier this season I cashed a few times taking the Monarchs at home, I went against them in their most recent game against the Charlotte Sting and cashed. Despite coming into this game with three straight wins, I feel the defending champ Monarchs are not quite they use to be. They are not putting up impressive offensive numbers anymore averaging less than 70 points a game in their last five outings and they have tended to be overrated at home only going 3-6-2 against the spread. Laying only 2 1/2 points here shows that the Connecticut Sun will be their toughest test at home this season and I feel they are not ready for it. Their inconsistency has shown by going 2-8 in their last ten games against the spread after getting a win. Yolanda Griffith is Sacramento's best player leading the team in scoring and rebounds but I see her coming out flat in this game because of the all-star break distractions. She was not only without the team but had to travel cross-country and back all of this week. Last year in the first game back from the all-star break, Griffith got hurt after only 9 minutes and shot 0-5 from the floor. Her game against Charlotte going into the break was a lackluster one only scoring 4 points when facing a tough center Tammy Sutton-Brown. Now she will face another great center in Margo Dydek of the Sun.

The Connecticut Sun come in looking forward to this game as they lost to the Monarchs in the WNBA finals last year. Despite their star players being involved in the all-star game on Wednesday, traveling from New York instead of Connecticut is not a big difference. It is still going to be a big 2 game road trip having to face Sacramento and Seattle in back to back nights, but I see the Sun doing better with this trip out west than their losses to Phoenix and LA earlier this season. Obviously the stars of the Connecticut Sun played a huge role in the East's victory of the all-star game. Normally, you might look for a letdown spot after that type of situation but you can bet that the Sun have had this game circled with Sacramento for the whole season. If the Sun were playing a lesser team that they might take lightly or look past, I would probably fade them in a spot like this. But it's not the case here - we have a big nationally televised game against the team that beat them for the championship. The Sun are also playing some of the best bitchball in the WNBA right now. They have scored an average of over 81 points a game in road games this season and have improved on defense also. I feel their most recent road game in Indiana was a very impressive one. They scored the same or more than Indiana in each quarter to win and this was even in the second game of a back to back with the first being a tough loss against Detroit. This was even Indiana's first home loss of the season in a home winning streak that seemed impossible to break. In that spot, the Sun were 2 point underdogs and this is a very similar spot against the Monarchs which they should also be able to win. Currently, Nykesha Sales is questionable for the Sun in this game but I feel the rest of the team can pull it together if she does not play. Katie Douglas of the Sun is the talk of the WNBA after her all-star game performance and has more points per game in scoring than anyone on Sacramento. Taj McWillians-Franklin of the Sun has the second most rebounds per game in the WNBA, second to only Cheryl Ford.

The line with the Sun getting 2 1/2 points seems a little off for this spot. Granted, the Monarchs beat the Sun in 3 out of 4 games for the title last year, but the Sun have won both regular season meetings in Sacramento between the two teams during the past two years. The traveling factor, as well as Sales's injury is likely another reason for the line to favor Sacramento. Early action drove the line from 2 to 2 1/2, but I figure the Sun will get some good betting action in this game also. It is one of those games where you have a two point home favorite who could just have easily been a two point underdog. But a few factors will make the line what it is - obviously making Sacramento as a home dog would make the public jump on them. I am getting the play in now just in case an upgrade occurs to the Sales injury which will drive the line down and, in general, would rather take the 2 1/2 now then risk losing the hook. The Sun are a machine right now and quite possibly the best overall team in the WNBA. They will prove it on this road trip, and clearly are focusing more on this game against the Monarchs than the next night's game against Seattle. I look for the Sun to win it outright by a few points but I'll take the 2 1/2 just in case.

Take the Sun plus the points! Because as Randy "Macho Man" Savage would say "Payback's The Bitchhhhhh....Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhhh!" Get in now on my WNBA "Payback's The Bitch" Revenge Game of the Week!

Cannon

Banned
I hope we match up more often so I can increase my bets. You will win this your record is much better than mine. Home favorites - 2 1/2 to -5 are 22-7 ATS.

Cannon said:
I hope we match up more often so I can increase my bets. You will win this your record is much better than mine. Home favorites - 2 1/2 to -5 are 22-7 ATS.

You're right, Cannon. The home favorites laying a short number have done pretty well this season. I cashed in a number of those spots, including when I took the Monarchs a few times laying 6 or less.

Favorites and home teams were on quite a good run for a while but now that we're in the second half, everyone is in mid-season form. I'd expect both road teams and dogs to do better. We saw some of the best home winning streaks like Indiana's and Detroit's both end before the break. And we should continue seeing road teams do better than at the beginning of the season. Tonight it was a split between two home teams covering and two road teams covering so it's probably a sign of things to come.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I am liking both overs today. I may play a game and bet the 1st and if lose, double up on the late game.

Not sure yet.

I have not gotten involved with bets on totals yet this season, but it would be hard for me to take the over in either game. I figured defense should be big in both games. But you have been good with the overs, General!

I have decided to add the Charlotte Sting plus 3 1/2 points against Indiana today as an additional play. With the Catchings injury downgraded to doubtful, that was the deciding factor for me. I started another thread for that game so check it out!

John Molson said:
Connecticut bitches fall apart in the 4th..also had 25 turnovers:doh1

That game was a lousy one. Katie Douglas gets in early foul trouble and then doesn't do crap in the second half except make bad passes and shots. A few bad foul calls seemed to go the Monarchs way also. Some occasional good defense by the Sun is what kept it close, but they had no answer for Yolanda Griffith. Even still with a chance at the end, the Sun were horrible in the clutch just throwing the ball out of bounds and allowing easy steals.

:hung