Democrats Pull 'Flag-Draped Coffin' Ad

dirty

EOG Master
Democrats pulled an Internet ad that showed flag-draped coffins Friday after Republicans and at least two Democrats demanded it be taken down on grounds the image was insensitive and not fit for a political commercial.

The ad by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee called for a "new direction" and displayed a staccato of images, including war scenes, pollution and breached levees as well as a photograph of former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay doctored to look like a police mug shot.

The campaign committee replaced the ad with a radio commercial that targets Rep. John Hostetler, R-Ind., for opposing an increase in the minimum wage. Democrats have made a minimum wage increase a central theme of this year's election.

Democrats had featured the video ad for nearly two weeks on the DCCC Web site where it had gone largely unnoticed until Republicans began objecting to it this week. On Thursday, more than a dozen Republicans, many with military backgrounds, called on DCCC Chairman Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., to apologize. Democratic Reps. John Spratt of South Carolina and Chet Edwards of Texas asked Emanuel to pull or alter the ad.
"We're moving to another major effort that we're highlighting on our Web site," DCCC spokesman Bill Burton said.
In South Carolina, Spratt's Republican challenger, state Rep. Ralph Norman, commended the removal. It was "the right thing to do for the state, country and especially the brave men and women who serve in our military," said Norman's spokesman, Nathan Hollifield.

? 2006 Associated Press.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
What a bunch of chickenshit MFers ....

Soooo I guess it is good enough for Bush to use images of coffins?????

This country is dead in the water

SlackerCSB

EOG Senior Member
What a bunch of chickenshit MFers ....

Agreed. It would be nice for a second party to step up and run with republicans. Perhaps Lieberman will start the trend of solid politicians running as independents.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Liebermann?

Time for the Dems to let Feingold or Clarke run things .... if Nazi boy Rove is let loose to lie about everything and the rigged elections are still in place you might as well realize this country is on its final legs

Our borders are officially dissolved starting in 2010 on the NAU Deal Bush signed with Congress having no knowledge and we are spending a billion dollars a week in that clusterfuck known as Iraq

THERE IS NO LEADERSHIP ON EITHER SIDE RIGHT NOW ... AGAIN, THAT IS BOTH SIDES

DNC so laughable that Alabama RNC asked Dean to come down here and help in runoff for Dem gov candidate. Offered to pay for it...Cause whomever the DNC supports will get killed in Alabama..

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
If I were Dean and the DNC I would just show Bush holding hands with the Saudi Princes next to a gas station with the price of gasoline . Dems would sweep the election - similar to Willie Horton.:+thumbs-2

no democrat will get elected gov here for a while...
this is repub state now..
and getting back to the good ole boy ways.:cheers

dirty

EOG Master
ZZ CREAM said:
No respect for the dead. Fucking Carpetbaggers!

one it was not a soldier in the Pics Doc provided it was a firefighter from 9/11 and the left is claiming it was dead soldiers from the war...The Left is the one that is Hipocritical...and grabbing at anything they can, becuase All they have is Criticism and Bitching and No Solutions.....Show me one Democrat with a solution to the problems that are out there.....:+thumbs-2

and KTB.....why the namecalling man....ZZ hasn't done anything to you other than believe different.... who cares where he lives as long as he is a US citizen he can still vote and should be concerned for anything that goes on in our country.... I would say this about anyone that doens't live in this country..... I am sure ZZ has very good reasons why he is living in Canada.... and when he wants to share them he will..

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
KTBKRUSHER said:
and zz didnt you move out of the US..
so STFU about anything you traitor pos.
:hung
Dirty is a good man whom I respect. He is an eloquent (sometimes - LOL) speaker and is remarkably coherent, unusual in the Conservative Community.

unless he left for work, then nope he cant say shit.
read on here where he said he left cause bush got elected..
so fuck him

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
KTBKRUSHER said:
unless he left for work, then nope he cant say shit.
read on here where he said he left cause bush got elected..
so fuck him
I'm sure your famiily and your ancestors are proud of you joining the Republican Party. I would bet they would be happier if you were a Commie than a Carpetbagger, but hey, that's a lifestyle choice like being queer. And I'm sure they are proud of your eloquence.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
KTB doing what he does best ....

Only man in the internet world who could actually make Right Side look sharp

Lets see:

ZZ can't say a word because he is in Canada
The 9-11 Widows can't say a word
Cindy Sheehan can't say a word
John Murtha can't say a word
Doc Mercer can't say a word because he followed Cheney's footsteps and did not serve

Great ... so the only ones who can talk right now are the full blown ChickenHawks who attack Victims of 9-11, parents of kids coming back from Iraq in caskets and rooting for Al Queda on the air to blow up San Fran

HEIL HITLER!!!!!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
doc mercer said:
KTB doing what he does best ....

Only man in the internet world who could actually make Right Side look sharp

Lets see:

ZZ can't say a word because he is in Canada
The 9-11 Widows can't say a word
Cindy Sheehan can't say a word
John Murtha can't say a word
Doc Mercer can't say a word because he followed Cheney's footsteps and did not serve

Great ... so the only ones who can talk right now are the full blown ChickenHawks who attack Victims of 9-11, parents of kids coming back from Iraq in caskets and rooting for Al Queda on the air to blow up San Fran

HEIL HITLER!!!!!
They have nice pretty black boots too Doc!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
ZZ:

until the Dems get serious and let someone like Clark tell Rove and asswipes like JD Hayworth I am afraid you said it best in referring to 2004 outcome

The Dems have no backbone and Clark and Feingold are the only ones I see that are not afraid to stand up to Rove ... the rest of the Dems are just like all the Republicans in the Rove fear factor

Clark was not upset over this issue and stated very accurately this is a reminder to Americans of the failed Bush policy in Iraq ... simple and to the point and I guess America might as well face facts that with our borders officially gone in 2010 and 2 yrs of Bush completely shredding this country and sucking all coffers dry before he heads to Texas that we indeed are looking at America dissolving and following in the footsteps of Rome

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
doc mercer said:
ZZ:

until the Dems get serious and let someone like Clark tell Rove and asswipes like JD Hayworth I am afraid you said it best in referring to 2004 outcome

The Dems have no backbone and Clark and Feingold are the only ones I see that are not afraid to stand up to Rove ... the rest of the Dems are just like all the Republicans in the Rove fear factor

Clark was not upset over this issue and stated very accurately this is a reminder to Americans of the failed Bush policy in Iraq ... simple and to the point and I guess America might as well face facts that with our borders officially gone in 2010 and 2 yrs of Bush completely shredding this country and sucking all coffers dry before he heads to Texas that we indeed are looking at America dissolving and following in the footsteps of Rome
Well said - unfortunately! Dems don't have the balls nor the intelligence to play hardball.