NFL TEASERS : True or False ?

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Statement: The better the bookie (industry) becomes (hanging #s) the better 2 Team teasers are for the bettor? Yes or no?

If "yes" : This is why we have seen the 2 team rules become less advantageous for the bettor. I think "yes"

The best number balances action perfectly (with wieghted averages depending on the type of action if your sophisticated enough). The best number does not 'predict' the best. So, simply put there is not much correlation between good numbers and games landing close, unless of course the bettors are getting better at predicting scores, and I would argue they are not.

Like I said. Last year was an anomoly. You could have blindly played every two team combination in a teaser with only one requirement, that you played favorites....and you would have not only had thousands of plays, but would have retired a very rich man.

You think this continues? Then your ass will hurt, guaranteed.

Iron.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ironlock said:
The best number balances action perfectly (with wieghted averages depending on the type of action if your sophisticated enough).

That used to be true and in theory is true today but not as true in today's practice.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Teasers

Teasers

Sam - teaser action can sure make it difficult for a bookmaker. Let's hypothetically assume the lines last year on NFL sides were on the average 2 points low from where they should have been based on the true abilties of the teams.

People picking teasers with two favorites involved would be getting 8 points in their favor instead of 6. Isn't there an argument that an accurate number would cut down on teaser wins if there are more favorites chosen in teaser plays?

There is such a thing as a good number for straight bets but it can suck for the bookie as a teaser number. For example, the big books open 10 on a favorite that should be 12 or 13. The teaser protects the player on the favorite from 10,8,7,6,4 if ties win. The dog part of it - big deal - players pick up help on 10,13,14 on a game that should have been 12 anyway.