Do You Consider Yourself A Disciplined Bettor?

Do you bet the the same percentage of your bankroll all the time and maybe a little increase on games you are confident about?

Or do you get excited about a game and bet WAY more than you should - Like Me? :rolleyes:

Glaken

Unfortunately I am not.

I do pretty good, but there are many times I simply cannot resist loading up.

Overall, I'm just not disciplined enough to do it like it should be done.

I never will be.

I'm not addicted, problem gambler, bad. I'm not a degenerate.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
In my younger days when I was dealing with a local, I would always try and play catch up so I wouldn't have to pay off. Boy was that a mistake. But as I got older I realized that sometimes you just had to take your loss and hope the next week was a lot better. I find that dealing offshore where you have to have the money upfront, gives you a lot better sense of control since you can only bet what you have. I got a lot more selective on which games I bet, and found out you really don't HAVE to bet a game just because it's on TV.....unless of course it's a SNF or MNF game. But even on those games I don't go crazy anymore feeling I have to bet both the game and the total. When I am "sure" of either the side or the total...I just bet that. I got tired of seeing the side I was sure of win...only to lose the total....or vice versa. Live and learn!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
stuck's posts is EXACTLY how/why books/bookies make a TON of money - sadly MOST "joe averages" fall into the description he just posted

I have found at times when my balance at a paticular book is small, I will risk most of it at one time. I guess trying to double up and start a nice run. But when my bankroll increases I tend to bet smaller, like I'm scared to lose it. Usually what happens is, I'll lose 4 or 5 games in a row and then make a huge bet trying to chase with a gotti slam your dick in the door megalock of the century and lose it all.

ensign_lee

EOG Addicted
Probably not.

Working on it though. This year, I'm going to try to make the jump from "recreational gambler" to "edge taker." I'm going to define my bankroll and my units.

Let's see if it helps. :D