If a LOCAL asks u to roll ur positive figure over to the next week, does that mean...

WizardofWins

EOG Dedicated
I've done it, if it is only a few hundred dollars why meet, roll it over to the next week....I'm sure he would say the same thing if you were down.

pnksteph

EOG Member
lol this is a very very bad sign. I let this happen with local book last season, first time took him few extra days, second time a week, and so and so on. But ofcourse when I was down he was faster then f-in fed-ex. Anyways one time was up and he was stallin and I finally decided wasnt gonna bet until he paid me. Well sure enough he skipped town not long after b/c he was gettin killed. Long story short locals are just as shady as offshore if not worse, but once you let them stall you it will only get worse

its much mroe than a few hundred, but its less than 5k...is 4 dimes a lot for a local? when i lost, he drove to ME!!! LOL

pnksteph

EOG Member
Wow sounds like my old guy. Might wana get on that atleast half of it b/c he most likely owes other people too, better you get your first while he stalls them.

i tried....but he had excuses....he assured me its fine. but still not exciting to be told to rollover. plus i won again tonight. lol just gives him more incentive to run. but where can he run to really? LOL thing is, he knows i wont do anything if he stiffs.wouldnt be the first time...im too trusting...
:yikess

Junior

EOG Veteran
Identity where is your local, what state?? Here in NY there are 1000,s of locals. Some strong and some are fly by nights. If you are owed around 4K from a local he would never ask you to roll that over. ONLY scenario is that he doesn't want to pay you this week. How long have you been dealing with this guy?? Do you hit him every week?? Maybe hes hoping you stop betting with him. But everything put aside that amount NO local would ask to carry over. Unless hes short on funds or he hopes you say screw this. Owe him 4K and ask to carry it over would NEVER happen. You'd be cut off till you at least paid up.

Do not continue to bet! Tell him straight out, that you will give no more action until its settled. This is a new relationship I assume, so trust will need to be obtained both ways. Him asking you to rollover your first big win is a very bad sign. If he can't pay you this 4k, why risk losing back to the guy and not knowing if you would have gotten paid. What if you run it to 12k? Be honest and polite about it, and just say that you would like to be paid before you continue betting. You will see where it stands right away.

bmo

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated
For 4k, it takes big balls for a local to ask for it to get rolled over. I doubt he would let u roll over 4k in losses into the next week. It really depends on how well you know each other. If you have been with him for a while and he has always paid, give him the benefit of the doubt. If hes new, start worrying.

RaiseThese

EOG Senior Member
its much mroe than a few hundred, but its less than 5k...is 4 dimes a lot for a local? when i lost, he drove to ME!!! LOL

The ones I used way back when would not take action if you owed more than 1k at any point during week, you had to settle to keep playing.

i was told i didnt have to wager for the time being. but i could if i wanted. i will wait til mon nite and update this...

rainbow

EOG Master
It all depends on who the BOOKIE is and also who the PLAYER is, we had carry FIGURES every week, if the player was a nickel and a dime player and he OWED like $300 to $500 we would just tell him to carry the figure and the same thing goes if he had a small figure coming, it was real easy to COLLECT money back in those days...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Everything is relative to the relationship one has with his man and vice-versa. You should not be playing with a guy that does not have a good reputation and some standing in the industry. Most books are much better overall, on average, trust-wise than players. That does not mean there are not many scumbag books. Like anything else, when starting a relationship with a book. Get references, so to speak, make sure you know someone else that plays with him and if you feel uncomfortable, trust that feeling and stay away. And never, I say again, never trust a bookie that doesn't drink! LOL!

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
It's not a good sign. I'd try to collect the $ asap and look for a new out.....there are some weak/shady locals out there for sure. Some are pretty solid, though. I know of one that pays out all winning players before collecting from losing players for the week!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
It's not a good sign. I'd try to collect the $ asap and look for a new out.....there are some weak/shady locals out there for sure. Some are pretty solid, though. I know of one that pays out all winning players before collecting from losing players for the week!
Would that be near 7 Mile? LOL!

Junior

EOG Veteran
Good books pay every week. Doesn't matter who owes. There are some books that collect on Tuesday and pay on Wednesday, these are the ones to worry about. But most books don't colect to pay. 4K is a decent amout to be owed. If hes a book he has outs to get the $$$, you know this so whats his reasons for not paying??

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member
Good morning General..

BTW I remember ID starting a thread on this same topic at the RX long ago. Either she did not learn her lesson, just seeking attention, or she's as dumb as a box of rocks.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I bet with my local for about 10 years now. He has been good for every large amount he has owed me and vice versa. The most I ever won in a week with a local was back in 03 during March Madness. Took him for $8.5K, and my agent was good for it. If the winnings or losses each way are anywhere less than a few hundred , the carryover is a mere bag of shells. $4K and I know I'd be a knocking til I saw some greens.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
Good books pay every week. Doesn't matter who owes. There are some books that collect on Tuesday and pay on Wednesday, these are the ones to worry about. But most books don't colect to pay. 4K is a decent amout to be owed. If hes a book he has outs to get the $$$, you know this so whats his reasons for not paying??

find another bookies that you know and tell him your situation, if he is a good local he will be more than happy to help you out with this situation

bookies hate other bookies that slow pay or stiff..

jwunderdog - ur a class act. so are you dicky.

as for the rest who are interested, my local called 20 times today wanting me to play...but i cant get my money until mon. night. i won AGAIN today, won yesterday so the figure is over 5 now. now i kinda wanna lose!!! if i do get paid, is it really rude to never play there again?

ty...

:+thumbs-2

ensign_lee

EOG Addicted
Being 'rude" whould not even enter teh equation. You need to get your money back NOW.

The only local I ever used did this and then BAM: bye bye 20% of my bankroll...

Get your money and stop betting there. Period.

johnnyfortune

EOG Member
locals

locals

i am lucky enough to have a credit local i play nickels and dimes we settle at 5k unless we run into each other settle figures are for convenience never a problem for 4 years but they are a big offshore out

Junior

EOG Veteran
Lets see, YOUR LOCAL CALLED YOU,lol, 20 times to place bets?? What local calls their customers to bet?? If thats the case you are screwed? Any local that calls his customer is a fly by night operation. Guaranteed you'll be rolling this figure over for a while. Good luck. :+sports2-

Lets see, YOUR LOCAL CALLED YOU,lol, 20 times to place bets?? What local calls their customers to bet?? If thats the case you are screwed? Any local that calls his customer is a fly by night operation. Guaranteed you'll be rolling this figure over for a while. Good luck. :+sports2-
......................excellent point, in the extreme bookie may call U once, if at all

its not THE local. its an agent i deal with...cuz usually i like halftimes, etc. so he was calling. lol. but clearly hes tryin to see if i lose...

Royal calls me all the time ! :D

But yea seriously ID, this guy is a fraud, he was prolly taking a shot being a bookmaker with no bankroll expecting everyone to lose, and he could make some easy money. Get paid, and stop betting there PERIOD. There is no such thing as feeling bad, or it being rude not to give him anymore action after he pays you the 5 dimes. Its a business decision.

Gl

bmo

Catsfan

EOG Enthusiast
This is exactly why I would never play with a local again. The only way I would play with a local is if we knew each other very well. The guy I used to play with would NEVER ask me to carry over 4K. If you get paid from this guy do not play with him again. Next time he might not have the money.

This is exactly why I would never play with a local again. The only way I would play with a local is if we knew each other very well. The guy I used to play with would NEVER ask me to carry over 4K. If you get paid from this guy do not play with him again. Next time he might not have the money.
There is your answer ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hung