A FIVE-SEVEN-THREE PUTOUT IN DETROIT!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Anybody ever seen that before? Sean Casey thrown out at first, from left field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: A FIVE-SEVEN-THREE PUTOUT IN DETROIT!

A line drive off of the shortstop's glove, casey stopped and then started running again and was thrown out at first before he crossed the base in a close play! He must have thought that the ss caught the ball! The hawk said he had never seen that in over 4000 broadcasts. Me neither.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Sorry. Actually it should have been SIX-SEVEN-THREE. I parrotted the hawk, but it actually hit the shortstop's glove. My bad!

I thought I remember Dave Winfield years ago almost threw out a really slow runner at first from the outfield. Missed it by a split second.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

roberto clemente threw out more than one batter at first base; from right field though

gl

:D

I thought I remember Dave Winfield years ago almost threw out a really slow runner at first from the outfield. Missed it by a split second.
....Winfield may very well have thrown out a Rusty Staub type runner..this was a first in MLB history because it was off the infieders glove......And yes Cappy..the announcers pointed out Casey is a hustler, he just thought the ball was caught

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated

6-7-3 putout. Casey hit the ball off 3rd baseman Joe Crede's glove into left field.

Inexcuseable for Casey to not realize the ball was hit into left field.

dirty

EOG Master

if it was a 6-7-3 put out chuck it would be a SS on the play not a 3rd basebman.... as here are the position numbers

1. Pitcher
  2. Catcher
  3. 1st baseman
  4. 2nd baseman
  5. 3rd baseman
  6. ShortStop
  7. Left Field
  8. Center Field
  9. Right Field
:cheers

The Devil

EOG Master

CARL FURILLO OF THE BROOKLYN DODGERS THREW OUT AT LEAST 15 RUNNERS AT FIRST BASE ON WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SINGLE TO RIGHT FIELD.......HE ALSO PICKED OFF ANOTHER 15 OR SO THAT WERE CREDITED WITH SINGLES AND HE THREW BEHIND THEM AND PICKED THEM OFF AS THEY ROUNDED FIRST......THUS THE NICKNAME...."THE READING RIFLE"......

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i can do one better

i am umping some adult rec league softball game a few years ago

a fly ball into short center with a runner on 1st and less than 2 outs. the CF bobbles and bobbles and bobbles it and until he finally drops the ball. but by the time he drops it he is standing about 5 feet from 2nd base so he calmly picks up the ball and steps on 2nd base for the almost unheard of

8U play @ 2B