Frist trying to attach online gambling bill to defense bill

Re: Frist trying to attach online gambling bill to defense bill

Sean,

I don't think you want to play "poker" in prison.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated

Does any senator from Nevada care enough to not let the pork through?

Nevada Republican Senator Ensign says the internet gambling bill "protects our children". What a sleaze politician. Either that or an ignorant one.

Maybe Nevada Sen. Harry Reid has a spine.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Most all of these Republicans have SOLD OUT to the Christian coalition base of their party. A true conservative Republican would be STRONGLY opposed to this sort of Government intrusion. This sort of legislation goes against all the ideals of conservatism, and is true hypocrisy in that so many republicans are supporting it. Their support of this legislation is simply to appease the "holly roller/ bible thumping" base of the party.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

We don't even know who supports it.

The problem is most people simply don't care.

Kind of like: I don't smoke, but I don't care if you do. I don't drink every day, but I don't care if you do...

People who don't care just say ok, whatever, let me go on vacation.

-Sean

Forbin001

EOG Enthusiast

Folks....I wouldnt be too concerned with this. Our senators may seem real loopy but they do know the score.

The banking lobby does contribute HUGE amounts of cashola to these guys so they can have thier spiffy campaign commercials and what not. And lets not forget the 25 million poker players in the United States. Thats almost 1/10th of the population....a fuck of a lot of registered voters.

Hence....they will toss this aside for the money and the votes. God bless America hehe.

dirty

EOG Master

Good Points and welcome to EOG Forbin :cheers:cheers

TonyTellez

EOG Member

Frist has committed himself to the people of Iowa to do everything in his power to get a vote on this bill. This may be his last resort as Senate Majority Leader.

The good news is that MSNBC has already connected the political motivations of Frist and this bill in their story. Frist is out to win over the people of Iowa to get first run for the Republican Nomination and President. Finallly someone in the media has put 2 and 2 togethor to figure this out.

The first major stop is the Iowa Causcus.

Frist did not get support to bring this bill to the Senate floor and I think it's unlikely that he gets the support to attach it to the defense bill.

Politics will kill this bill.