Response to Sean1 re: abortion

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Pioneer, I do not have a moral position on abortion.

I have a couple of beliefs.

I believe every person should be left alone unless harming other people. (Do as many drugs as you want in your home, make your own decisions, shoot as many guns at the range, smoke alone, etc... don't shoot me or someone else, don't do drugs and drive, etc)

I have a moralistic belief against murder. If someone wants to murder, my belief against harm outweighs my belief in freedom.

I also have a firm belief that in order for murder to occur, a person must be viable either without life support or have the potential to eventually be viable without life support.

I do not believe that shutting off a ventilator after it has been established that someone can not recover from a head injury is murder. Likewise, my opinion is that abortion is not murder so long as the cells were not viable at the point at which abortion was chosen.

I do not feel abortion should be a religious issue. It is a personal rights issue that unfortunately falls into a religious issue just like gambling because of the ways the parties divide. I would rather see abortion debated from a medical and personal rights approach than a right/wrong religious approach. If the time comes when we can artificially make a few cells viable, I then feel abortion should be outlawed and women should have the right to move a pregnancy to an artificial incubator, but to tell a woman she must give birth completely goes against the rights of freedom. Giving birth puts a woman at risk (Whether normal birth or c-section, the death rate in the US is over 1/10,000 and elsewhere over 1/1000 - I am not an OB, so if you want perfect numbers, call an OB) I do not feel anyone can require another person to put themself at risk.

-Sean

The Devil asked us to start another thread to discuss this abortion issue.

Sean, you choose not to take a moral position on abortion, and then you spend the rest of your post articulating your rather contradictory position on abortion.

Your very first belief..."I believe every person should be left alone unless harming other people." Now what could be more harmful to other people than killing them in utero? So by your own "belief", you believe people should not be left alone to abort other people.

You are against murder; murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being. The only reason abortion is not murder is because we have legislated a specific law, unconstitutionally I might add as the law was created not by the legislative branch of our govt but by the judicial branch, that says that abortion is lawful. It is still killing a human being by another human being, but now through judicial fiat, it is lawful and therefore not murder.

You have another belief..."I also have a firm belief that in order for murder to occur, a person must be viable either without life support or have the potential to eventually be viable without life support." You are confusing viability with life; viability refers to the ability to live outside the uterus; just because a fertilized egg is not viable, does not mean it is not alive. Life is defined as..."The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism." A fertilized egg is alive by the definition of life, and furthermore, the fertilized egg has "the potential to eventually be viable without life support", which was one of your beliefs, so again, you are opposed to abortion on those grounds also.

You have an opinion about abortion..."Likewise, my opinion is that abortion is not murder so long as the cells were not viable at the point at which abortion was chosen." Well, as I have shown you it is not murder because it is not unlawful, but it is indeed still killing a human being by another human being. Your argument about viability is moot anyways because you added the provision, "or have the potential to eventually be viable without life support."
So once again, it appears that you do not support the killing of a human being by another human being, even though it has been unlawfully declared, lawful.

This is a fascinating idea on your part..."If the time comes when we can artificially make a few cells viable, I then feel abortion should be outlawed and women should have the right to move a pregnancy to an artificial incubator,"...as you well know, that time is here now! Medical science could transfer an established pregnancy to another uterus that was properly hormonally prepared. I'm not saying it has been done or that it will ever be done, I hope to God it never is done, but it is already in the realm of possibility, so once again, I guess by your own words, you are against abortion.

And finally, your dissertation on risk, ie. "I do not feel anyone can require another person to put themself(sic) at risk." Do you realize how ridiculous this argument is? There is risk in everything we do in this life. According to your "thesis" I should not be forced to go to work because it is so risky on the road; please tell my employer or the govt to just send my check every week. There is a risk in having an abortion also; there is a risk in having sex; etc. etc. But you know, Sean, I could actually go along with your idea; if a woman thought it was too risky to deliver her baby, she should be given an abortion by hysterectomy...there would be very few abortions!

sean1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Response to Sean1 re: abortion

We have a difference of opinion. That's ok. I do not consider aborting a cell as murder. You do. No biggie - we disagree. I consider killing things that are viable as murder.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a fascinating idea on your part..."If the time comes when we can artificially make a few cells viable, I then feel abortion should be outlawed and women should have the right to move a pregnancy to an artificial incubator,"...as you well know, that time is here now! Medical science could transfer an established pregnancy to another uterus that was properly hormonally prepared. I'm not saying it has been done or that it will ever be done, I hope to God it never is done, but it is already in the realm of possibility, so once again, I guess by your own words, you are against abortion.

The above is simply no true. A transplanted baby would be rejected just as a transplanted organ. The steroids and immunosuppressants needed for organ transplant would likely harm or kill the fetus. Artificial incubators will happen in the future. There will be a day when a mom and dad to be will be able to have a sperm and egg put together in a fake incubator and pick up a baby 9 months later. I have not formed an opinion on this and am listening to the arguments on both sides - I am just saying it will become scientifically possible. And once it does, it really does not matter what Congress does because it will be available around the world.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
And finally, your dissertation on risk, ie. "I do not feel anyone can require another person to put themself(sic) at risk." Do you realize how ridiculous this argument is? There is risk in everything we do in this life. According to your "thesis" I should not be forced to go to work because it is so risky on the road; please tell my employer or the govt to just send my check every week. There is a risk in having an abortion also; there is a risk in having sex; etc. etc. But you know, Sean, I could actually go along with your idea; if a woman thought it was too risky to deliver her baby, she should be given an abortion by hysterectomy...there would be very few abortions!

You do not have to go to work. You do not have to live in a city with a lot of traffic. You could live close enough to walk... There are a million options. you could go on welfare, etc. Just because you choose to go to work does not mean a woman should not be able to choose not to give birth.

And no, she should not be given a hysterectomy. A hysterectomy has far more risks than an abortion.

Outlawing abortion has about as much chance as outlawing beer, gambling, cigarettes, drugs, speeding, etc.

People will always do the things that a large group of people find acceptable.

-Sean

LONG LIVE FREEDOM OF CHOICE :+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"We have a difference of opinion. That's ok. I do not consider aborting a cell as murder. You do. No biggie - we disagree. I consider killing things that are viable as murder."

No, you have a problem with the English language. As I've already stated, murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being. Killing is defined as terminating life, or depriving of life. You don't have to consider abortion as murder because our society has enacted a law that makes abortion lawful, but that doesn't mean that abortion doesn't terminate a life, or deprive a living being of life. That is a fact, Sean, no matter what you believe.

"Outlawing abortion has about as much chance as outlawing beer, gambling, cigarettes, drugs, speeding, etc."

HUH? All of those things, as well as abortion, have been outlawed at one time or another, so I guess you're agreeing that there is indeed a chance of our government someday outlawing abortion again? And even if our government doesn't outlaw abortion, that won't ever make it right...this government allowed slavery for hundreds of years and I think even you will admit that slavery is wrong....although if you were living 150 years ago I think you would have been one of those states rights apologists, which is just another way to say "moral coward". Thanks for discussing this with me...you have a conscience and your conscience won't let you rest until you do take a moral position on abortion.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

No, you have a problem with the English language. As I've already stated, murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being. Killing is defined as terminating life, or depriving of life. You don't have to consider abortion as murder because our society has enacted a law that makes abortion lawful, but that doesn't mean that abortion doesn't terminate a life, or deprive a living being of life. That is a fact, Sean, no matter what you believe.

You have your opinion. I have mine. They are mutually exclusive and will remain that way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I will rephrase

"Eliminating abortion has about as much chance as eliminating beer, gambling, cigarettes, drugs, speeding, etc."

HUH? All of those things, as well as abortion, have been outlawed at one time or another, so I guess you're agreeing that there is indeed a chance of our government someday outlawing abortion again? And even if our government doesn't outlaw abortion, that won't ever make it right...this government allowed slavery for hundreds of years and I think even you will admit that slavery is wrong....although if you were living 150 years ago I think you would have been one of those states rights apologists, which is just another way to say "moral coward". Thanks for discussing this with me...you have a conscience and your conscience won't let you rest until you do take a moral position on abortion.

Fine - you want a moral position - I moralistically believe the mother's right to choice, right to freedom, right to do what she wants, right not to put herself at risk 100% outweighs the right of a non viable human being. That's my moralistic belief and my conscience feels just fine.

-Sean

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Fine - you want a moral position - I moralistically believe the mother's right to choice, right to freedom, right to do what she wants, right not to put herself at risk 100% outweighs the right of a non viable human being. That's my moralistic belief and my conscience feels just fine.

-Sean

We've gone full circle, Sean, as I distinctly remember telling you in the first thread where we discussed this that this is not about choice. God is pro-choice also; He wants us to choose good over evil. What you need to decide is how you feel about abortion? Is it right/good or is it wrong/evil? We both agree that abortion is not murder because our government has enacted a law making it lawful; but that does not make it right; we both agree that our government has enacted laws that were wrong at various times in our history.
You as a physician, surely know that abortion is terminating a human life. And does this sound vaguely familiar....?

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy."

...it should, it's from the classical version of the Hippocratic Oath, the one that was changed in order to exclude this clause so that abortion doctors could say the modern version. Go read some stories about these abortion doctors...they too lied about their consciences feeling fine...the truth is much different. And so it is with your conscience; I know you better than you know yourself, and there is no way that your conscience will give you any rest until you face how you feel about abortion. Thanks again for discussing this with me and I wish you a very happy and successful medical career.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy."

Never heard it before. Do no harm is what I have heard..

Anyways. I have not even said whether or not I would perform abortions (I am not trained in them anyways) - I also have not said whether I would have one if I was a woman or encourage one if I got someone pregnant. (I certainly would realize it is her choice) All I have said is I support a woman's right to choice and I don't feel bad about it. I don't feel it is evil.

-Sean

sean1

EOG Dedicated

And seriously, can you ask God if Notre Dame will cover 4.5 this weekend cause I want to load them up.

Sean

dirty

EOG Master

This is not Directed at Pioneer or anyone In General....Just a observation I have made many times as I am not a real organized religion type of person....But what I find Amazing about the Abortion/Morally superior crowd is that They are only Moral in Selective things to fit their Life. To me Being a Hypocrit is the worst thing you can do.

How can you pick and choose what is Moral if you believe everything in the good book. You can't just choose A verse and pertain it to your situation and Life. Why can you drink, party, smoke dope, Gamble, have sex out of wedlock, etc...then condemn other people for their actions. I just don't get it. They go to church on Sunday and play the Bible beater, but can't follow the crap they preach any day of the week because it inconveniences them. Just a kinda crappy way to live if you ask me.....

I have a Uncle who is a Baptist preacher and I respect the hell out of him for his beliefs and His quest to Live by the Bible... My Mother and sis are religous....All Southern Baprtists.... Not the Crazy ones like Fallwell and Robertson, but SB nonetheless... and Everyone of the people in Church do this.....They are all Hypocritical as they all Gossip about people in other denominations, talk about how people should start living right in their own Curch, etc... I just don't get it..... Why are they any different than you.... we all have Faults we need to work on and condemning people for being different and believing different is worse than Living in Sin IMO....... One reason I don't believe in Religion.....It is Noone elses business what I believe, how I worship God (if you even believe), or whether I go to Church or not...Unless I choose to tell them...And If you want to condemn me for that.... I got One thing to say to you

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"All I have said is I support a woman's right to choice and I don't feel bad about it. I don't feel it is evil."

Good morning Sean1,
Yes you have said that...repeatedly...and I have tried to get you instead to consider how you feel about abortion. It's not about choice...God is pro-choice; He gave us free will; we have the option to choose good or evil; He wants us to choose good over evil and for that reason, He also gives us a conscience so that we will know what is good and what is evil.
You are obviously conflicted and trying to rationalize your view that abortion is not evil. You said earlier that you believe people should have the freedom to do whatever as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else....what could possibly hurt more, for both the individual and the society, than for a mother to kill her unborn child? This is the epitome of evil and if you think our society has not been damaged by 50 million abortions in the 33 years since Roe vs Wade, then you are just incredibly stupid!
You have also said earlier that you think that murder is wrong; murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being. So you are against killing; so is God, 5th commandment, Thou shalt not kill. But you are for abortion because your government has enacted a law making it legal to kill a fetus,(which may not be a person depending on how you define person, but it is most certainly a living human being). So if your government passed a law making it legal to kill Jews, or Blacks, or children, or old people, would you support that also?
Think Sean....use your brain and use your heart and soul...you can figure this out! You have been given a conscience so you can discern good from evil. If you can't discern that a mother killing her unborn child is evil, then there is little hope for you. And you can't take a cop-out by saying it doesn't apply to you....resisting evil applies to all of us, and at all times in history people have used the same arguments you have tried to make to rationalize your support for abortion, to support other forms of evil like slavery, genocide, segregation, etc. I think it was the Jewish Nazi hunter Eli Wiesenthal who said, "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing".

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Look. I am pro choice. I am pro the legal right to abortion. I am not rationalizing anything. In my opinion abortion before a baby is viable is not evil. I am not pro abortion in every case as you want me to state (I'm not gonna go tell every woman I meet - hey you, go have an abortion), but I am pro the woman being allowed to choose in every case.

If you feel so strongly about this religious issue and God's will, how are you able to gamble when it is seen as a sin?

-sean

sean1

EOG Dedicated

That last question is not a stab - it's a serious question. I have often wondered how people who guide their lives through religion are able to pick and choose what portions of God's rules are ok and which ones are not ok to break.

Sean

dirty

EOG Master

It is called selective Morality sean1 and it is hilarious to see people indulge in it who are "Christian"

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

As I have said before and will repeat here. If all children who die automatically go to heaven, (this seems to be the consensus I have heard from many Christian clergy and experts), then abortion seems to be the right thing for ALL children. This way it is impossible for your children to ever go to hell or not go to heaven. Abortions are therefore good for the children and their souls. As to the people having the abortions, they need only ask their God for forgiveness and God will forgive them since he understands they meant only good. If you do not believe in Christ and God, abortion will not bother you anyhow. That's it. Have A Great Day And Abort Away!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Sean1,
A serious question? OK, let's look at it seriously. First of all, if you want to discuss this seriously, you have to stop saying you're pro-choice. THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHOICE!!!!!! This is about abortion, and abortion is killing a human being! You are against murder, which is the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being, but you ARE RATIONALIZING when you support abortion just because the government has enacted a law making that killing legal. I'm telling you, Sean, to look at how you feel about abortion....don't rationalize, and don't say you're pro-choice...how do you feel about abortion, ie. for a mother to kill her unborn child. That is the issue....if you can truly say that a mother killing her unborn child is good, then you are evil...it's as simple as that.
Now, gambling...yes gambling can be a sin....if I took all the money that I had to support my family and took it and gambled it away, then yes, that would be a sin. Eating could also be a sin,(gluttony), so could sex(fornication), but I also indulge in those activities. If I gamble with my own discretionary income, I don't know of anyone who would consider that a sin.
Sean1, as stupid as you are, you look like a genius in this thread compared to the other idiots posting here!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Sean1,

Sean1, as stupid as you are, you look like a genius in this thread compared to the other idiots posting here!
:+clueless :+clueless :+clueless Must be talking about Dirty! :cheers :cheers :cheers

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Pioneer, I am sorry, but you can not tell me what I believe.

You have decided that some gambling is a sin.

I have decided that some abortion is not a sin!

ak5387

EOG Member

Sean1,
A serious question? OK, let's look at it seriously. First of all, if you want to discuss this seriously, you have to stop saying you're pro-choice. THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHOICE!!!!!! This is about abortion, and abortion is killing a human being! You are against murder, which is the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being, but you ARE RATIONALIZING when you support abortion just because the government has enacted a law making that killing legal. I'm telling you, Sean, to look at how you feel about abortion....don't rationalize, and don't say you're pro-choice...how do you feel about abortion, ie. for a mother to kill her unborn child. That is the issue....if you can truly say that a mother killing her unborn child is good, then you are evil...it's as simple as that.
Now, gambling...yes gambling can be a sin....if I took all the money that I had to support my family and took it and gambled it away, then yes, that would be a sin. Eating could also be a sin,(gluttony), so could sex(fornication), but I also indulge in those activities. If I gamble with my own discretionary income, I don't know of anyone who would consider that a sin.

You know shut the fuck up with your religous bullshit. Everyone on here is respecting the fact you are some stupid fucking holy roller and not making fun of you for it. But to call us stupid because we don't believe what you do is ignorant. You are what defines "uneducated american". People think differently and you should respect someone for there ideas and thoughts. Who says your views are correct.

Last i remember you nor anyone else we know has talked to god. How do you know god exist besides being brain washed into thinking it does. I guess to you being jewish,muslim, hindu, morman must mean you are stupid because they don't believe the same ideas as you. Religon is nothing more then a form of goverment to control people. You don't need religon now as the US Govt is my religon as they make the laws and I follow them.

Stop looking like an ignorant fool. I feel sorry for pathetic losers like you who live life thinking there is a promised land afterwards when all you will be is dirt for someone to grow grass on in the future.

I apologize to anyone if I offend you but nothing drives me more crazy when someone pushes their believes on you and then calls you stupid because you don't think like him. I respect anyones beliefs as each person is entitled to believe in what he/she wants, but the one thing I will never do is call someone stupid because they choose to believe something I don't. Pioneer you have done nothing short of prove that you are a very stupid uneducated holy roller that will/would have quiet the rude awakening when you have to face the rest of this world outside your small holy roller world.

MCP

pro lifers are the most hypocritical people on earth.

they say ALL lives are SACRED, yet they are quick to flip the switch on the elctric chair and drop bombs all over the world..

read the bible and what it says about WAR.

don't pick and choose.

ak5387

EOG Member

pro lifers are the most hypocritical people on earth.

they say ALL lives are SACRED, yet they are quick to flip the switch on the elctric chair and drop bombs all over the world..

read the bible and what it says about WAR.

don't pick and choose.

I am sorry if there is more then one way to live besides following the bible. How bout a human can decide what is right and wrong for himself instead something telling him it is right or wrong.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I am sorry if there is more then one way to live besides following the bible. How bout a human can decide what is right and wrong for himself instead something telling him it is right or wrong.
I think everyone knows right and wrong inately. It's controlling one's self to do the right thing that gets difficult, at least for me.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

I don't consider it a human until it has a brainwave and a heartbeat. And to those people who think throwing acid in an Abortion Doctors face or murdering someone to stop an abortion. Good luck getting God to think your right. No different from the jihadi's killing people for their own beliefs.
That being said I think some restrictions should be placed on children having Abortions without telling their parents. I would like to know if my child is having unprotected sex and she is planning to have a major surgery.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Welcome to the Political Forum! Where everyone's views are heard and civilly discussed. Have a Great Day!

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

LMAO ZZ... You'e right I forgot to welcome our new friends.:+waving-5 And Good Luck.

The Devil

EOG Master

I THINK A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO WITH HER BODY......WHO ARE WE TO SAY SHE MUST CARRY ANOTHER 3-4-5-6-7-8 MONTHS WHEN SHE DOESN'T WANT TO..........

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I THINK A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO WITH HER BODY......WHO ARE WE TO SAY SHE MUST CARRY ANOTHER 3-4-5-6-7-8 MONTHS WHEN SHE DOESN'T WANT TO..........
I'm impressed Devil. You are getting more liberal everyday. Good job.:+thumbs-2 Sorry about the L-word.

The Devil

EOG Master

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LIBERAL.....JUST THE WAY I FEEL.....

HERE IS A KICKER FOR YOU ZZ.....I HAVE 5 ALMOST 6 GRANDKIDS.....3 ARE ADOPTED FROM SAN ANTONIO ( MY SON GETS THEM STRAIGHT FROM THE BIRTH MOTHERS)AND EVEN THOUGH I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT A WOMANS RIGHT TO CHOOSE HER OWN DESTINY.....I AM VERY GLAD THESE WOMAN DIDN'T HAVE ABORTIONS.......