Banned
Re: Week 4 Plays

Trace...thoughts/leans on

Nevada/NW, Wash/UCLA, Hawaii/Boise St?

Thanks. Congrats on a nice weekend.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

No, not that I know of. I might want more of Texas for example. If so, it is not wise for me to tip off how much I like it.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

OK, we have Heim on Notre Dame, so hopefully I will even my record against Heim who has been dead right two times and a tossup in my favor on the other. Stanton is the better QB, the Irish back seven is bad, we are getting not laying, Notre Lame has fallen, they cannot get up....even with the clapper. Athletically Michigan State is equal on offense, superior in the back seven. Charlie is still stuck with Tyrone Willbgone's garbage. At Michigan State even Bubba Smith could get in, not at pristine Notre Shame after prop 48s Tony Rice and Chris Zorich. Zach Randolph made it in Michigan State. Back in the day, Notre Shame turned its back on a campus gang rape by its star players, a few years later those players were responsible for winning it all. After that the padres shut it down because they felt like a hooker. Holtz opened it up just long enough to get another title after the padres slipped, once they realized Tony Brooks and Ricky Watters were not "Notre Dame Men" they closed the door on players like Randy Moss and David Boston. Ohio State punked them with Boston types, athletes who could not get in.

At Michigan State Captain Bong Zach Randolph got in, at Notre Dame only gentlemen are allowed. A noble goal for sure, but the true athletes are at Ohio State, Texas, USC, and Michigan State.

Heim

EOG Master

I'm not a fan of ND or their athletic department......how can I be
rooting for USC since the Mike Rae, Sam Cunningham and Richard
Wood days.

This line would have been 5.5 or 6 before Sat. Now after one good
half by MSU and one bad game by ND 3.5 shows up. Lots of value
on the Irish.

3 things bother me about Michigan St: 1) their receivers Reed and
Love drop alot of balls 2) they get called for alot of silly penalties ;
and 3) their DL still needs alot of work.

If Wannstedt had any clue he would have continued running the ball
up 10-0. That little back who returned from a bad ankle injury was
getting 5-6 yards a pop (1H). But he has no clue, most NFLers in
college do not. The jury is still out on Weiss as well.

ND beat a GT team at their place opening night wherein the Ramblin
Wreck was psyched to the gills. Very few teams could have beat
them that night.

Something doesn't sit well with me about this years Spartan team.
They are not as polished as I thought they were.

Add the revenge motive for the Irish and I took -3 (-116).

Trace,

Where is Houston GETTING (I don't see them getting anywhere--not that it will matter...I won on them three weeks in a row NOT because I was/am a homer, and will again this week, but I digress. I'm not sure what you see but I see mismatches big time there, but we can discuss that later) and why did you get Texas at such a bad number?

It was at 21 for awhile.

I'm not saying 24 is totally unreasonable by any means. I just can't figure out how YOU did not get them at a better number and still took them after the line has moved 4 points.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Heim:

Richard Wood, that name brings back memories. When Pat and Swann went to Arkansas I believe it was Wood who commented after a long Hog special teams TD "it is a 4 quarter game boys" to Hogs near him. Of course Pat stepped out of the end zone for a safety. I believe this was the same year the first of the great Browner bros arrived in college football at multiple universities, in this case it was Ross Browner the rapist. Of course you would not remember Joey Browner would you ;) Honestly, I always thought Browner was better than Ronnie Lott despite the superbowl rings, lopped off finger.

My concern last week with Michigan State and yes they showed it for the third time, the team is slow starting. They seem disconnected, John L looked like a dead man walking at half. The offense is not smooth for the reasons you mentioned and perhaps the OL is not that good. With Nemo the back seven is much better, of course Wanny would be dumb enough to turn down 6 ypc. We EXPECT this from Tommy Bahama.

No, I did not get the +7 with Notre Shame winning and Michigan State losing. So it is not a monster bet. What I do have, for one game, a energized team versus a team whose offense is in question. Mighty Quinn is doubting, the back seven is in shambles, I have Meathead Minter in Catch 22, stop the run allow the big play like Michigan, stop the big play and allow everything.

The great thing about a spot play, you get to lay -3, I get to take +4. In the third quarter when I am down 35-14 I will think, why in the hell did I trust Dead Man Walking versus the Genius? Heim is laughing once again, but this is not two years ago when I bet Notre Dame here without the Stanton threat. My team is at home, at night, crowd loaded, the players finally focused "getting" points. With Arkansas too large of a talent differential, we now know booty can manage a game and the Trojan defense is smothering. Weis needs time, the talent differential is not there yet. He needs help from the padres. GL! It makes for another fun week. And yes, you and I will get to spot play against Michigan State when they collapse, the elements are there once again, not Saturday night on ABC.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Shortbus: You and I play in different markets, you get to lay Texas -20, I don't. I do not play when the market is limited in size. Those that played Oklahoma State when the market was limited in size helped shape the screen for me with Houston.

You played them twice, this week would be #3. Let's go into the waaay back machine. My men Arne, Jimmy, and Shortbus tagged Oklahoma State over poor, little Arkansas State and my money. Of course I trust an Sun Belt dog stepping up in class and burn money once again. Who was right? The men of the square table, a well deserved win. The Sun Belt is simply outmatched, the Sun Belt is simply outmatched, the Sun Belt is simply outmatched...

You do not see +1 because it disappeared. Now I have CUSA Dog vs Big 12 Dog. CUSA Dog is located in one of the great football talent regions, this is why OSU scheduled the game so Bobby Reid and all the Houston playas can see Momma in the hometown so more playas come visit Stillwater. Houston gets players, with 85 schollys the Big 12 can't sign them all. Is Oklahoma State improved? Absolutely. How good are they? No one knows. What i do know, Houston is expected to be a bowl team, the entire team returns intact. Kolb has seen it all, the WRs are the best since the late 80s...great speed and size, the offense is complex and confusing the opposing defenses, the UH defense plays to the level of their competition, missed tackles. Okahoma State, Reid is not close to winning on the road, the Reid brain fart still exists, Reid has not played in that many games, Houston's defense should be good enough to make him throw, take the bomb away from Reid and watch OSU punt, OSU is unlikely to Nebraska Houston like Arkansas State where they said, Reid can't play, just run the ball. It will be like, Reid can't play, oh no we can't run it that well. Oklahoma State's inexperienced back seven versus a fast, organized, complex offense??? Gundy is scared. He knows OSU had CB problems before the season and one safety has played less than a year at the spot. Reid nor the back seven has the seasoning to win on the road unless Briles helps out, which he very well could help out as Houston is a dumb team. Oklahoma State might win with their incredible specials. This is possible. GL!

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Updated Heim record, Utah -18.5 Utah State, Heim 3 Trace 1, Heim's three easy winners so far. Notre Dame pending for Heim.

taconite

EOG Addicted

JC I`d hate to get into a conversation w/you, you really love the sound of yourself. "Market size" WTF do you think this is Merril Lynch? Tx - 21, was available all over, even the "markets". Houston 31/Rice 30? Can you say pretentious? Just analyze please leave the social comments to Galt! You know "I like tm A because the end" like that! Otherwise all is well.

Trace,

I can't disagree with a lot of things you say about Houston. They are super experienced. I think they have only one guy who isn't a junior in the entire starting lineup, other than kicker.

I'm playing the game for different reasons.

It is 3 times, this is four. Five Dimes had them vs. Misouri State -28 the first week. That was number one. I'm enjoying squareville, you should visit sometime ;).

I gather you are approaching this from a different perspective than I am, looking at why the game is in Houston, Reid playing on the road, etc. I'm looking at it from a personnel perspective and individual matchups. Houston runs a 3-4 first of all, and their secondary doesn't have a guy over 6 foot tall. There's some talent in there but you've got a spread with guys standing 6'4" and 6'5". I certainly don't expect to convince you of anything so I won't go in depth anymore until I do my writeup of the game. I won't be betting on them every game, I'll just say that, but for now the shortbus is riding along with them. Sometimes you have a situation where you know how the coaching staff really feels, and you trust them. I know that they felt like they would be 4-0 and win the first four games by an average of 35 points, including the Houston game. I know that you'll also see a significantly different offensive gameplan. I haven't heard anything that has led me to believe they don't feel like they'll do the same thing this week.

I can't give you enough credit though, for being on the right side of Texas Tech two weeks in a row when I was shelling out money for them. I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong with them or rather, where they've gone wrong.

Good luck this week and thanks for sharing your opinions.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

JC I`d hate to get into a conversation w/you, you really love the sound of yourself. "Market size" WTF do you think this is Merril Lynch? Tx - 21, was available all over, even the "markets". Houston 31/Rice 30? Can you say pretentious? Just analyze please leave the social comments to Galt! You know "I like tm A because the end" like that! Otherwise all is well.

This is a market, just like the stock market, the gas market, the farmers market. Grande and Delmar open up, the market is offically open for business, prior to that, it is unofficially open for business meaning some people can get down, others can't.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

105 Wisconsin +14 at Michigan
122 Illinois +21 Iowa
180 Michigan State +3.5 Notre Dame
184 Houston +1 Oklahoma State
138 Texas -24 Iowa State
124 Florida State -30 Rice
144 Washington +3.5 UCLA

1 pending

Coast2Coast

EOG Senior Member

Trace, Any interest in Cal this week? Would you agree Cal is arguably a top 15 defense while ASU -- in the bottom ten in D a year ago -- can't be anywhere near Cal's class on D? Also, would you agree that perhaps we get some value with Cal here considering ASU is coming off a solid defensive effort (albeit against a Colo team still trying to figure out its new offense). Tedford's boys have shredded ASU defense nearly every year and Tedford has owned this matchup vs. Koetter.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Found another wrong favorite game just like South Florida last week. I bet uconn +2 over INDIANA. I made uconn -4.

Game is currently 1

RE: Notre Dame...Interesting to see how Weis will handle this after an unexpected blowout loss.

Good Luck Trace. Really enjoy your threads

IHaveBeenAround

EOG Addicted

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE ROTATION NUMBERS!!!

Few questions:

Is your NFL any good? If so embarass the Shrink by calling him a nit and make him pay you to post it

Not to be a dick (too late I know) but unless you are betting 30k a game or something WTF are you worried about the size of the market. It's easy to get down 5-10k monday night and a hell of a lot more if you have a few people moving for you. I don't get all the "market size" stuff it sounds like BS to me.

I think you work hard and if you are a tout that bets you are alright in my book win or lose.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE ROTATION NUMBERS!!!

Not to be a dick (too late I know) but unless you are betting 30k a game or something WTF are you worried about the size of the market.

You are right -- it is too late. Use your "Ihavebeenaround" for a bit more than a hatrack. First, I do not know if what I am saying is a fact or not but, lets just present a bit of conjecture for a minute to someone who knows everything about everything.

Trace may only play a dime or two a game or he might be a huge player. It does not matter but "market" does. Few work any harder than Trace works. Is it possible that Trace has private clients? Clients that do move 6 figures or more? Is it possible for these "clients" to insist on having their orders filled before Trace goes public with his opinions. Just conjecture on my part. Hell he might bet 6 figures on his own account --- does not matter is is not relavant. It is none of my business and it is NONE of YOUR business.

What is wrong with taking his statement without questioning him --- other than of course your burning desire to prove that you are more than we might think you are.

felix2006

EOG Member

Not to be a dick (too late I know) but unless you are betting 30k a game or something WTF are you worried about the size of the market. It's easy to get down 5-10k monday night and a hell of a lot more if you have a few people moving for you. I don't get all the "market size" stuff it sounds like BS to me.

um, who said trace didnt bet the game at -21 or whatever? doesnt mean he can (or should) post it since it is most likely not WA.