Jeb Bush back in the news ....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
TALLAHASSEE - In a deal that even state transportation officials call ''unique,'' Florida may spend $46 million to buy land for current and future road projects -- some of which are no more than a line on a map -- from a company that has had close ties to Gov. Jeb Bush's administration and for which the state doesn't yet have an appraisal.

The roughly 4,000 acres of land the state is proposing to buy is owned by a single landowner -- The St. Joe Co., the state's largest private land owner, which recently announced that it was laying off one-tenth of its workforce and was getting out of the homebuilding business in Florida.

St. Joe has long-running ties with the governor's administration, and one of Bush's former top aides is a vice president of the company. At one point, St. Joe owned a 50 percent stake in the company run by Armando Codina, who was Bush's business partner before Bush became governor.

A panel of lawmakers will vote on the deal Tuesday because the state Department of Transportation's account for land-buying doesn't have enough money in it. The $46 million would come out of another state account collected from gasoline taxes and rental-car surcharges and would eventually be paid back from bonds.

But Tuesday's vote by the Legislative Budget Commission will come before the state has completed an independent appraisal on the property, which stretches across 10 North Florida counties.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: Jeb Bush back in the news ....

None of these brothers minds sticking it right up the asses of their constituents! At least Jeb doesn't get good men and women killed in the process.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

i don't know which of these 3 would be worse, jeb bush, bill frist, john mccain. at least all 3 are beatable.
Nobody was more beatable than Dubya in 2004 with a proven track record....and we all know what happened then.:confused :confused :confused

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Nobody was more beatable than Dubya in 2004 with a proven track record....and we all know what happened then.:confused :confused :confused

if hillary runs, i'd take bill clinton over karl rove.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

if hillary runs, i'd take bill clinton over karl rove.
I'd love to see Hillary run and WIN. I think all of this bullshit we've had to put up with Bush would almost be worth it to watch and listen to the Right Wingers bitch and moan and rollover on the floor and pound their hands and feet and bawl their eyes out.:+whipping :+whipping :+whipping

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

I'd love to see Hillary run and WIN. I think all of this bullshit we've had to put up with Bush would almost be worth it to watch and listen to the Right Wingers bitch and moan and rollover on the floor and pound their hands and feet and bawl their eyes out.:+whipping :+whipping :+whipping

exactly, even though she seems to be the most moderate of pack. maybe thats what we need, someone closer to the middle.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

It looks like a Hilliary / Glaken combo in 08 according to FOX this morning
I think Glaken would be Hillary's Monica ....he would have to munch on that lawn for a good few hours!:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :+whipping :+whipping :+whipping

world traveler

EOG Addicted

these last comments simply prove that you guys are more interested in making conservatives look bad than whats best for our country. All i can gather from this is you want a lib to win not so you can push forward what you think is best for america, but simply to piss conservatives off.
Sad way to pick you candidates IMO.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

World Traveler:

I know hemmorroids can be painful .. take a few bong hits to go with
some 180 proof shots of vodka and relax

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

these last comments simply prove that you guys are more interested in making conservatives look bad than whats best for our country. All i can gather from this is you want a lib to win not so you can push forward what you think is best for america, but simply to piss conservatives off.

go to www.dictionary.com and look up the word facetious.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

No, that's not true. I think Hillary would make a wonderful President. Maybe better than her husband. But, the extra joy from watching the Neo-Cons and their reaction to her Presidency would make for many an hour of sheer amusement. I for one, do not know why so many people on the right actually 'hate' Hillary and Bill. I certainly do not hate the Bushes. I certainly do detest their actions but am able to separate the two.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Limbaugh would have to triple his daily intake of drugs with Billy running
loose in the WH