Week 5 Plays

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted
Re: Week 5 Plays

Trace-- Any opinion on the Idaho-Utah St. game? I know USU just lost their OC after not scoring an offensive TD ALL YEAR!! How can they only be 2 pt dogs? I was hoping you may be able to shed some light for me on this one. I've been doing well so far this yaer fading the Aggies, but didn't want to fall into a trap game, as it sems to me the line should be higher. I know Idaho is no superpower, but they sure seem more capable than USU. If you geta chance, I'd love to hear your opinion on this one.

Thanks.

Avoid playing Idaho in this spot. Utah State is off two teams with big, strong players capable of dominating the Aggies. Now they step down in class versus a team they can compete with on the line of scrimmage. Last week Utah State was still playing HARD in the 4th quarter. Utah State has not thrown in the towel, their season starts Saturday with the step down in class. Nothing is that easy.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Good Luck Trace! You got some nice plays here. Laying the wood with the Hurricanes here huh? Yeah Houston with their wide open offense may be walking into a hornest nest here! Thanks...

Houston's offense is great versus average defenses. Now slow footed Kolb and Battle get bashed by an NFL defense. Two weeks to prepare, Houston's defense is softer than Charmin. Miami's offense gets off the carpet. Keep in mind they faced Florida State and Louisville.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

winkyduck: My man finally showed up! Two crappy teams can be a great bet. Just like Arkansas State/Troy State, you remember.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

sigster: I appreciate the opinions and the analysis that went with KU. We are on the same page with the KU offense vs NU defense, that should help Nebraska wear Kansas' defense down.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

roach: Tough game, UConn is doing the QB shuffle, the OT loss versus Tulsa should have no impact on Navy's performance, lean Navy.

Trace,

I totally agree on Miami. I had a feeling you might pick them since you didn't have them listed in your initial games and I knew you watched them play vs. osu.

GL

Heim

EOG Master

Wayne Root is calling........says he has a copyright on Millinium
Plays :)

Trace, I was leaning with Oregon now I'm not sure what to do.

You're pretty close to the ASU situation so you probably have
more insight than me.

Oregon team speed reminds me of the LSU team that went into
Tempe last year and beat a better ASU team than this years version.

I guess I'll wait and see if ASU becomes the favorite.

minnyace01

EOG Addicted

Trace - I have a game that I'd like your opinion on. It is the Michigan at Minnesota contest. Having watched Minnesota a couple of times this year, I have no idea how the Gophers will stay even close to the -9.5 line that is out there. Against a good team, Minnesota just can't compete defensively and has a difficult time moving the ball. Because of the outcome last year, I just can't see Michigan overlooking Minnesota this time around. Your thoughts.

alkimyst

EOG Senior Member

Thanks for your opinion on the Idaho game, Trace. I'll lay off and find something different to play.

BOBBYW

EOG Dedicated

THANX TRACE AND GLTY.....I ALSO LIKE THE ROTATION # AND I WILL POST THEM FROM NOW ON.....IF YOU HAVE THE BOOK WITH ROTATION # IT IS A BITCH TRYING TO FIND EACH GAME ESP WHEN YOUR F.@#$%^&*.KED UP.....

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Pretty sure Fezz played Miami well before this release given the fact he was commenting on it crossing 17 2 days ago or so.

Sean

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Wayne Root is calling........says he has a copyright on Millinium
Plays :)

Trace, I was leaning with Oregon now I'm not sure what to do.

You're pretty close to the ASU situation so you probably have
more insight than me.

Oregon team speed reminds me of the LSU team that went into
Tempe last year and beat a better ASU team than this years version.

I guess I'll wait and see if ASU becomes the favorite.

Heim: Oregon does not have that monster LSU defense. I love the Duck offense, I expect Arzona State to abuse the Duck defense. The Sun Devil cave in on the road was not unexpected, it gives us value here.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Trace - I have a game that I'd like your opinion on. It is the Michigan at Minnesota contest. Having watched Minnesota a couple of times this year, I have no idea how the Gophers will stay even close to the -9.5 line that is out there. Against a good team, Minnesota just can't compete defensively and has a difficult time moving the ball. Because of the outcome last year, I just can't see Michigan overlooking Minnesota this time around. Your thoughts.

Minny: Typical Minnesota bully team. No one can run on Michigan, we know Cupito cannot play versus this defense. It did not meet all my parameters for a play but in my mind I cannot see Minnesota covering w/o Michigan errors. I say this with great confidence.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Trace,

Any opinion or thoughts on the Tennessee/Memphis game?

History says Memphis is the play, I can only lean with them as I do not expect too many rushing yards. Tough game overall. I have less confidence than past Memphis squads due to the defense. Tennessee would not be a consideration, if you must lay points on the road try Michigan.

phuongtran919

EOG Member

hey Trace, i'm playing 13pt teaser here, i like Auburn -1 and what about the OU, i'm leaning toward the under, tell me what you think please?

BigB

EOG Member

Trace, been following you and Zero. You guys are impressive. What do you think about BYU/TCU? Rutgers/SF? What do you consider your 5 BEST plays for this weekend. Thanks!

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Mr. Tran: I like the UNDER, Cox is not a playmaker for Auburn, he manages the game. With the defensive team speed on the field for both teams there should be few big plays. LOW total however.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

BigB: Until Rutgers loses a game, I will not play against them in this price range. Rutgers is playing great team defense, has a very active defensive front, the improved recruiting has finally paid off. I know Teel is a liability but Rutgers is a "Culver Karma" team that covers every week with defense and turnovers. Culver taught me the value of the "karma" team who streaks ATS with non-traditional methods overcoming poor QB play. Take out the D2 game, SF runs for just 112 ypg, Rutgers allows just 69 ypg. I do like the SFLA QB, he can actually complete a pass. Alot of talk for a game where I do not like a side.

I do like BYU + over TCU, it does not meet my parameters for a play. I am concerned it will be BYU pass only, no running game by looking at my numbers. In my mind I see more balance and I do not think this is a game TCU can get a margin facing a much improved BYU defense. TCU does not have the offensive weapons to separate. I want to play BYU badly. Maye I should make an exception.

BigB

EOG Member

I've got an open 6pt. teaser(S.Miss has already won one side of it) and was thinking about getting BYU +11 1/2.

I was wanting to get your 5 biggest plays because I've been trying to play too many games and can't ever seem to get any breathing room on my "man".

BigB

EOG Member

Also, not doubting your play, but how do you think S.C can stay within 2 TD's of Auburn. They struggled to beat Miss. St and Wofford. Georgia isn't near as good as Auburn and they beat them by 17 or 18. Would love to see S.C. play them close but Auburn is for real.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Auburn can not score.

14 pts is a lot against a team lookin to win 17-7...

-Sean

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

ghog: I believe you had the "right" side of WV/Marshall, I appreciate the divergent opinion in that game. I will be ready next time.

BigB: Thx for the reminder. Neb/MiaF/TexA&M/Duke/wait for the final dog if you can;t wait, Arizona State

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

BigB: With the move to Newton at QB, USC is a different team compared to the UGA game where the defense was able to stuff the running game and tee off on a stick in the mud QB. With Newton's mobility, Coach Spurrier can use him in the run game, limit man coverage, and dictate to the defense. Auburn wacked the 3rd string QB last year and watched the UGA film, they think this game will be EASY. USC is a different team than the one that played a few weeks ago. USC has the best player on the field in WR Rice. Auburn's defense is weaker than UGA. We are catching 2 TDs at night with a mobile QB, the best player on the field, a good defense facing a noodle armed QB who manages games and a TB who is a slammer, not a big play guy. Maybe Auburn shuts USC out and I lose. If Newton and the Ball Coach get going, they will win this game outright.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

322 Duke +6 Virginia
312 Nebraska -21 Kansas
390 Arizona State +1.5 Oregon
362 Texas A&M -2 Texas Tech
306 South Carolina +13.5 Auburn (wait for +14 if possible, some out there)
334 Air Force -12.5 New Mexico

INTERGALACTIC PLAY OF THE MILLENNIUM.
#318 MIAMI FLORIDA -16 HOUSTON

one or two pending

phuongtran919

EOG Member

hi Trace:
What do you think about my 13 pt 4 teams teaser here, do i need to replace any of them?

auburn/sc U50.5
nebraska -8.5
duke +18.5 or GT/Vt O24.5
USC -4

also I was just wondering what was your record for last week?

thanks for your input!

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

INTERGALACTIC PLAY OF THE MILLENNIUM.
#318 MIAMI FLORIDA -16 HOUSTON

When is this line going to fly?:+clueless

I hammered Miami at -16 sonn after you posted it, now just waiting to drive a truck threw the middle!

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

mr tran: Until Rutgers loses a game, I will not play against them in this price range. Rutgers is playing great team defense, has a very active defensive front, the improved recruiting has finally paid off. I know Teel is a liability but Rutgers is a "Culver Karma" team that covers every week with defense and turnovers. Culver taught me the value of the "karma" team who streaks ATS with non-traditional methods overcoming poor QB play. Take out the D2 game, SF runs for just 112 ypg, Rutgers allows just 69 ypg. I do like the SFLA QB, he can actually complete a pass. Alot of talk for a game where I do not like a side.

Chalk: FEZZIK and I both believe it goes past -17, maybe it does not move and we are stuck with it. I believe we will get some "help" on Saturday, Miami is off two bad efforts on TV so I do not know how ready the masses will be to back the Canes.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

miami vs houston: my thoughts:

..you
can do a lotta comparisons of teams; relating scores; reviewing power ratings and team tendencies; clearly miami (fla) has played 2 premium teams this year: criminoles and looeyville (in my estimate; a much stronger team than other cappers consider, particularly at papa john's).. and canes were humiliated in looeyville; but have had time to heal and need a win here against cougars.. the schedule shows cupcakes for canes next 3 opponents...if miami can hammer houston; they'll wake up in november 6-2; ranked about 16; and poised to make a run at respectability..

Houston barely got by rice (in opener); and criminoles destroyed rice..>>

going by that; noles should destroy houston..(lol); but these comparisons can be misleading..>>

imho; canes do have superior talent; and should be motivated; unless someone has info that players hate miami coach, and are underplaying to humiliate and force coach out..(yes; this does happen)..

seems like old fashioned ass-whooping gonna happen in miami this sat:

canes 49-10

jmho

gl

bet it all..!!

>>sleep in the streets..!!

gl

:cool:

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

kelp: You captured my feelings. Coker is well liked by the players, great guy behind closed doors, he was the OC when I was at Oklahoma State. Miami's OL steps down in class here, now the offense should click.

kentucky OL cluster injury

UK -- which ranks last in the SEC in rushing offense -- has struggled to find the right mix on the offensive line, in part because of injuries and an unexpected departure.
Sophomore tackle Aaron Miller was declared academically ineligible early in preseason practice and is no longer in school.
Sophomore guard Micah Jones missed all but a few practices with a herniated disk in his back that Brooks yesterday said will require surgery and will cost him the entire season.
Reserve linemen Zach Hennis and Jorge Gonzalez -- McCutchan's backup at center -- are out for the season. Hennis has a shoulder injury and Gonzalez torn knee ligaments.
And right guard Fatu Turituri has battled knee tendinitis, part of the reason Leger is moving to the offensive line.