I JUST SPOKE TO MARCEL @ BOS

Re: I JUST SPOKE TO MARCEL @ BOS

The people emailing and answering the phone may have class...Hopefully something happens soon! The TRO was extened the end of august so that would put it up like next week...I know i'm positive ! But i would like to have that 7k , instead of going and getting a job

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran

What happen to EasyBets.com? I had an account there for a $250 ticket on 10 to 1 on San Diego Padres to win division. Unreal!

They closed US and UK accounts, and I thought were refunding the money...not for sure but I think cancelled outstanding bets.

The guys answering the phones and email are very sincere, I hope BoS pay everyone , including the employees.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

Feels like 99 bottles of beer on the WALL........everyone, let's hear ya!!:+whipping

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

Maybe he was given the 90 day notice earlier than others or can't count.

70 something . Hopefully internet gambling bill dies and people get their BoS money and the free world can rejoice!

world traveler

EOG Addicted

this was in todays La Nacion it basically states that ex- employees are still waiting for their severence pay and not one of them has seen any money. BOS lawyer responds with 1. almost all ex employees have found other jobs if anyone is still in need of one call me. The other reponse was we asked for 90 days and its only been 50. Maybe some of you poor guys with $$ stuck should start valling down to this lawyer.
Maybe someone has one of those translation programs and can convert to English.
BetOnSports a?n sin pagar prestaciones
Extrabajadores viven angustia y temen que compa??a no les cumpla
Firma se?ala que tratar? de hacer pago parcial antes de finalizar el mes

Mercedes Ag?ero R.
maguero@nacion.com

Los 1.450 exempleados de la empresa de apuestas BetOnSports (BoS), que termin? operaciones en el pa?s el 10 de agosto anterior, a?n no reciben sus prestaciones.
Algunas personas que laboraron para esa firma narraron a La Naci?n la angustia que viven pues a casi dos meses del cierre no les han girado su liquidaci?n.
<table class="ademasTABLE"> <tbody><tr class="ademasTR"> <td class="ademasTD"> Otros Sitios:

<li class="ademasBullet">Lea todas las opiniones recibidas a Xpresiones </td> </tr> </tbody></table> “Hasta donde s?, todos estamos en la misma situaci?n: a nadie le han pagado. Cuando uno consulta, en planillas dicen no saber con exactitud cu?ndo se pagar?”, dijo Yohan Camacho.
La compa??a operaba en Mall San Pedro y despidi? a su personal luego de que una jueza estadounidense le orden? suspender la captaci?n de apuestas provenientes de ese pa?s.
Camacho dijo que algunos de sus excompa?eros han optado por comprar parte de los activos que tiene en venta la compa??a.
Mientras tanto, otros estudian la posibilidad de entablar demandas legales si al 10 de noviembre, cuando se cumplan los tres meses del cese, se mantiene la deuda.
“Como no ganaba tan mal, asum? varias deudas y pienso cancelar todo con la liquidaci?n. Si no me pagan, me muero”, expres? una de las exempleadas, quien por temor a represalias pidi? su anonimato.
BoS s? pag? las prestaciones a unos 80 empleados a quienes hab?a despedido antes del cierre de operaciones.
Pide paciencia. El abogado de la empresa, Francisco Conejo, sostuvo que la compa??a va a pagar a todos y pidi? paciencia a los extrabajadores.
“Nosotros le pedimos 90 d?as para pagar y en aquel momento nadie se quej?. Apenas han pasado 50 d?as”, declar?.
Seg?n dijo, el impedimento para pagar ha sido de orden log?stico pues eran muchos empleados y ahora tienen poco personal para hacer los c?lculos. Agreg? que esperan hacer un pago parcial a todos antes de finalizar el mes.
El personero manifest? que pr?cticamente todo el personal de BoS ya tiene otro trabajo pues la mayor?a se coloc? en empresas de servicios (call center).
“Si alguno todav?a no ha logrado colocarse, que nos llame”, agreg? Conejo.
Por su parte, en el Ministerio de Trabajo informaron de que la Inspecci?n Laboral visit? la firma y corrobor? que estaban pagando liquidaciones.
Sin embargo, esos pagos corresponden a otro grupo de colaboradores que hab?a despedido BoS meses antes de finalizar sus actividades en el pa?s.
El Ministerio de Trabajo a?n no ha recibido denuncias.

Flyweight

EOG Member

I would like to correct the statement that BOS staff have not been paid their dues. They have, both the Antiguan and Costa Rica staff have been paid in full. Hopefully payments to the customers will soon follow.
As the US is holding an innocent (in the eyes of the world)BOS ex CEO in "house" arrest maybe BOS are just making a point that the actions of the US government are hurting US citizens the most. Wasn't one of the largest share holders the Financial Group Morgan Stanley??? I know at one time several US banks were also large shareholders. Citibank to name one.

Its been like 50 some days..? No email responses..phone just rings! Please Betcris take US accounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll have to wait until Oct 16th to see what happens. Phone just rings and rings........

supertilt

EOG Member

i just spoke to a dude w/ english accent. he sail they'll have an answer by monday of next week.