Health Update

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
OK,

***(I'll get the point of the message out now: I have Lymphoma)***

Update time....................Saturday Night my family went to a party at my Uncle's house, near Northridge. They went, my pains kept me from going. I stayed home with the dog and suffered in pain. I am taking a generic version of "Norco" pain relief pills. When I went to bed I have to time out when to take them. If I am going to bed about 9/9:30P I take a pill at 4P and then again around 8:30P. I take an anti-inflammatory pill around 8:30P, too. I figure most will have kicked in by 9:30P and I can go to sleep. I did but as is often the case I go to bed screaming in pain - using profanities while doing so.

My family got back past 9:30P and heard me howling in pain, like I had done countless other times in the past. This time was different. They got tired of hearing me scream and told me they were taking me to the ER. I said I was OK and I'd be asleep soon. They said NO DICE and took away my blanket saying they would not give it back to me. UGH - OK. Whatever. We went to the ER and they looked me over. They asked where the pain was and I told them - pretty much where the butt/leg meet on the right side. It felt like someone was jamming hot needles into my leg at that point. I told the Doc I had Sciatica issues so he said he would do a MRI of my Sciatica and Pelvis. OK by me. I get both done by about 3A. I get taken back into ER where I sleep until 7A at which point I get wheeled into my own room.

I let the family know. I had a CT Scan later Sunday and then a Biopsy on Monday. I let family and friends (Including JK) know my status - that told to me by the Oncologist:

Malignant Cancer

YIKES! Hearing that just sucks all of the life out of you. It did to me. I WILL BEAT THIS! But I CANNOT beat this by myself. I can only beat this with a strong support base and people who will help me get off the ground when I "fall" and help me get back up and give me the support I so need. To have JK and Railbird call me in my room (as well as countless other friends and family members) meant so much to me. Hearing a familiar voice and talking was wonderful.

When I went to sleep at Hoag, I had a pee bucket attached to my bed. Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning around 1:30A I needed to pee. I could not open the pee bucket so i stumbled to the bathroom and peed standing up. My left arm was DEAD. My left legs was almost dead. I peed then went to my knees to minimize any damage. My father spent the night with me on the foldout couch/bed. I begged him to call the nurses and he did. It took 6 of them AND some machine to lift me up and get me to bed. They then took me for another CT Scan to see if I suffered a stroke. Thankfully I did not. Wednesday I had another dead arm but did pee in the bucket. Thursday I got a MRI of my brain - all good.

I finally got to come home Friday about 8:30A. Saw my Oncologist at 11A today and will start Chemo in a few weeks - as soon as I get some pre-treatment tests done. STILL hard to fathom all that has gone on the past few months. From thinking I had back/knees issues to being told I had Lymphoma is UNREAL! Chemo will take 18 weeks meaning I will be fighting this until around Labor Day.

I have a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng road to recovery. I CANNOT do this by myself. I am not a big hashtag fan but I am asking family/friends to do so - so might as well as all here to do the same. When you post it would mean a lot to me if you ended your post #WinkyduckStrong

Needless to say I will not be here much until this gets taken care of!

I WILL BEAT THIS THING!

Valuist

EOG Master
Best of luck Winky. This was definitely not run of the mill sciatica. Lymphoma is very beatable. My next door neighbor has beaten it twice in the past 15 years. Jon Lester, Anthony Rizzo and James Conner are all lymphoma survivors.

railbird

EOG Master
Best of luck Winky. This was definitely not run of the mill sciatica. Lymphoma is very beatable. My next door neighbor has beaten it twice in the past 15 years. Jon Lester, Anthony Rizzo and James Conner are all lymphoma survivors.
my favorite waitress at the harbor house cafe also a lymphoma survivor

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Penguins legend Mario Lemieux had Hodgkin's lymphoma and is still going strong 25 years later.
Not sure it’s the same cancer as yours, but he survived.

Godspeed Winky.

#WinkyduckStong

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If I am going to bed about 9/9:30P I take a pill at 4P and then again around 8:30P. I take an anti-inflammatory pill around 8:30P, too. I figure most will have kicked in by 9:30P and I can go to sleep. I did but as is often the case I go to bed screaming in pain - using profanities while doing so.

#WinkyduckStrong. When I read this, I picture Winky cursing Donald Trump.

kane

EOG master
There's no doubt you'll beat this Winky, while I don't know you personally, I know enough about you to know you're one tough SOB, this lymphoma doesn't stand a chance. Always keep positive thoughts and surround yourself with friends and family, I look forward to the day when you're back posting here regularly, take care. #WinkyStrong

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Go get 'em, Wink. It's gonna suck getting there but it's very, very doable.

To the extent that you are able, continue doing the things that bring you joy in the process.

You got this.