CFB: Missouri's motivation with no postseason available to them

wirelessjava

EOG Enthusiast
There is no CFB content on this site so I am going to start one. Love to hear everyone's input

Here is a news article that summed it up

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/m...lties-for-tigers-were-excessive-inconsistent/

The biggest news in the SEC on Friday was the NCAA putting Mississippi State on probation for academic fraud (a tutor completing work for 10 football players and one basketball player).
The fact that MSU is being put on probation without a postseason ban while Mizzou received a bowl ban for a tutor completing coursework for 12 student-athletes has led to many fans and journalists comparing the two cases. MU athletic director Jim Sterk has now released a statement in response to the many questions he has received since the Mississippi State announcement. While the cases are different (MSU notably reached a “negotiated resolution” with the NCAA, an option that was not available to Missouri in November 2017), Sterk said it shows that the punishment received Mizzou include excessive and inconsistent penalties.

wirelessjava

EOG Enthusiast
Let's get down to the real motivation of Mizzou's. This is similar to Ohio St's ban during the start of the Urban Meyer era at Ohio St. IMHO, this is the same motivation Ohio St had during the era.

2011 - Interim HC Luck Fickel went 6-7 (3-5 in the Big Ten ) They played in the Gator bowl (
2012 - (NCAA Bowl Ban Instituted) Urban Meyer announced as HC and they went 12-0 with no bowl

Now.. Will Missou try to go undefeated or have 1 down year like Ohio St or try to go for an 12-0 season like ohio st.

Kelly Bryant from Clemson transferred despite knowing this. He just wants to show his arm in the SEC to get his draft stock up. Kelly Bryant's motivation would be to air it out and play the game as every game is his last because he is going to go to the NFL (maybe) . I personally believe that they will go 8-0 then the last 4 games will be questionable odds. I am at odds on the motivation of Mizzou on the bowl ban

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
1. They have a very good appeal case
2. Kelly Bryant is not a draft candidate known for his arm regardless if he airs it out but the talent for Missouri is at RB and TE.
3. I think they try to go undefeated but 6 wins is possible too

Motivation won't be an issue until last few games. If team is playing well the ban won't matter much. If they aren't, then those last few games could see guys checking out early. The biggest detriment to not having a bowl game is the lost time in December getting ready for next year and then the experience of going through the bowl game festivities. Since this program has been bowling last few years it will not be that big of a loss.