The "favorite" to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U. S. Supreme Court is . . .

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Jimmy Carter spoke at Gerald Ford's funeral.

The two became friendly after their White House days.

I can't remember for sure the title of the book I read this in. It was a book about the "Ex-Presidents Club", but I am unsure of the title.

Side note: At one point there were NO members of the the "Ex-Presidents Club" when Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson died with in about a month of each other in late 1972 and early 1973. When Richard Nixon resigned in 1974, he was the only member. Current "members": Carter, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama.

Truman and Herbert Hoover "formed' the ex-president's club when Truman approached Hoover, when they were the only two living ex-Presidents, and said, "We should form a 'club'".

Anyway, Carter's and Ford's friendship developed during a flight back from the funeral of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat -- where the two started conversing, and a "bond' developed over their shared experiences of being President. Obviously, it's very difficult to find someone who is understanding or empathetic to the pressures and responsibilities of the job (for example, let's presume one says to the other "you know The Middle East is a real thicket" and the other responds "no kidding" and it goes from there, I'm sure, on a wide range of topics)

I also read some where, maybe that book, that Ford asked Carter to speak at his funeral. Carter was taken aback by the request, because when they were opposing presidential candidates there were bitter rivals. Carter agreed to, contingent on Ford speaking at Carter's funeral should Carter die first, and Ford agreed.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Other possibilities, besides Amy Coney Barrett, for the Supreme Court justice opening.

From electoral-vote.com:

Another possibility is Barbara Lagoa (52), the first Cuban-American woman to serve on the Florida Supreme Court. Or maybe Britt Grant (42), Joan Larsen (51), or Allison Eid (55), all federal appeals court judges. Grant is the youngest woman on the list, and Lagoa is a Latina and from Florida, which is in her favor, while the others are probably too old. In any case, most observers expect it to be Barrett.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Point of clarification: Amy Coney Barrett is a SHE.

She's the one that told Congress she can separate religion from law. 😂 RepubliCons lie like no other group. Moscow Mitch, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chuck Grassley, are perfect examples. They're all on record, video and audio, stating 9 months prior to an election is to close to nominate a Justice. Probably every RepubliCon Senator said it in 2016. Now almost every RepubliCon Senator is breaking their word, lying to the people. Also in 2016 Pinocchio also said he's agrees with all the RepubliCons and the next president should make the pick to fill the vacant seat. Did I mention RepubliCons tell lies like no others, with no shame.

200,000 dead, Trump gives himself an A+ on how he's handling Covid and all the RepubliCons are silent.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
She's the one that told Congress she can separate religion from law. 😂 RepubliCons lie like no other group. Moscow Mitch, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chuck Grassley, are perfect examples. They're all on record, video and audio, stating 9 months prior to an election is to close to nominate a Justice. Probably every RepubliCon Senator said it in 2016. Now almost every RepubliCon Senator is breaking their word, lying to the people. Also in 2016 Pinocchio also said he's agrees with all the RepubliCons and the next president should make the pick to fill the vacant seat. Did I mention RepubliCons tell lies like no others, with no shame.

200,000 dead, Trump gives himself an A+ on how he's handling Covid and all the RepubliCons are silent.
Thanks Obama

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Thanks Obama

The Supreme court should not be a political institution. Trump had 5 years in a 4 year term to nominate right wing political hacks. Now they will ram thru his 3rd nomination. There's simply one remendy. Win the November election and expand the Supreme Court from 9 to 13 justices.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
if barr is a hack,that make holder a what?

a criminal.........

Dumb Alfie!!!

1. Fred Flintstone interfered by trafficking a false interpretation of the Mueller report. Confusing retarded un-Americans like Dumb Alfie.

2. Fred Flintstone interfered with the Mike Flynn prosecution.

3. Fred Flintstone interfered with the Roger Stone prosecution.

4. Fred Flintstone buried the investigation into Individual - 1.

5. Fred Flintstone used the military to attack peaceful protesters with rubber bullets and tear gas. All so Pinocchio could hold a bible upside down in front of a church for a photo op. Lafayette Square, Wash D. C. Summer 2020

6. Fred Flintstone interfered in E. Jean Carrolls lawsuit against Pinocchio.

7. Fred Flintstone made many false and misleading statements, topped off by comparing Coronavirus restrictions to slavery.

The above examples are just the tip of the iceberg.

Dumb Alfie says "if Bill Barr is a political hack than Eric Holder is a criminal". 😂 😂 😂

Dumb Alfie also said "The black guys at Starbucks definitely weren't arrested". 😂 😂 😂

Dumb Alfie also said "Kim Jong Un denuclearized because Pinocchio parked an aircraft carrier off the coast of North Korea". 😂 😂 😂

This is just a tip of the iceberg of all the stupid and false statements/arguments made by Dumb Alfie!

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Good points, as always. If only everyone were as smart as you are, there would be no problems in this country.

"They're all liars, no different than Benedict Donald".
- ZzyzxRoad

"Congresswoman Omar married her brother".
- Dumb Alfie

"Mike Flynn is innocent and free ".
- Dumb Alfie

alfie

EOG Dedicated
you don't know shit from shineola. post more cnn and rachel FACTS...........lol , phucking fool

how is hillary polling these days.......

if trump wins you leaving the forum again............lol

how is this stiff always on the wrong side......

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Dumb Alfie!!!

1. Fred Flintstone interfered by trafficking a false interpretation of the Mueller report. Confusing retarded un-Americans like Dumb Alfie.

2. Fred Flintstone interfered with the Mike Flynn prosecution.

3. Fred Flintstone interfered with the Roger Stone prosecution.

4. Fred Flintstone buried the investigation into Individual - 1.

5. Fred Flintstone used the military to attack peaceful protesters with rubber bullets and tear gas. All so Pinocchio could hold a bible upside down in front of a church for a photo op. Lafayette Square, Wash D. C. Summer 2020

6. Fred Flintstone interfered in E. Jean Carrolls lawsuit against Pinocchio.

7. Fred Flintstone made many false and misleading statements, topped off by comparing Coronavirus restrictions to slavery.

The above examples are just the tip of the iceberg.

Dumb Alfie says "if Bill Barr is a political hack than Eric Holder is a criminal". 😂 😂 😂

Dumb Alfie also said "The black guys at Starbucks definitely weren't arrested". 😂 😂 😂

Dumb Alfie also said "Kim Jong Un denuclearized because Pinocchio parked an aircraft carrier off the coast of North Korea". 😂 😂 😂

This is just a tip of the iceberg of all the stupid and false statements/arguments made by Dumb Alfie!
1600807227114.png

Bigrunner

EOG Master
"Post some more Rachel facts"
- Dumb Alfie

"If Fred Flintstone is a political hack, would you call EH a criminal ".
- Dumb Alfie

"Mike Flynn is innocent and free"
- Dumb Alfie

"when Pinocchio suggested injecting disinfectant he was referring to hydrogen peroxide, which is totally safe".
-Dumb Alfie

"The black guys at Starbucks definitely weren't arrested".
-Dumb Alfie

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
you don't know shit from shineola. post more cnn and rachel FACTS...........lol , phucking fool

I don't know, man.
Bigrunner is obsessed with you. It's almost like Fatal Attraction.
If I were you, I'd be scared.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Dumb Alfie, 201,000 Covid deaths and no end in sight. Pinocchio says this virus affects hardly anyone. Pinocchio gives himself an A+ on his handling of the most tragic event in modern day American history. Dumb Alfie calls Rachel a liar and defends every move and statement Pinocchio makes. 😂 😂 😂

"I don't like women, they're all lesbians".
- Dumb Alfie

"Congresswoman Omar married her brother".
- Dumb Alfie

"Bigrunners sister is a lesbian".
- Dumb Alfie

"The black guys at Starbucks were definitely not arrested".
- Dumb Alfie

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Pinocchio says Covid 19 affects virtually no one. Trump also says he a pro life President. Dumb Alfie is a defender of Pinocchio.

201,000 dead and no end in sight. Dumb Alfie tell the family and friends of the victims, that the virus affects almost no one. Tell them Pinocchio even says so.

alfie

EOG Dedicated
I don't know, man.
Bigrunner is obsessed with you. It's almost like Fatal Attraction.
If I were you, I'd be scared.

ignoring mental illness that needs to be treated is never good.... he certainly wins gold in the special olympics.....

he's been banned at every site he posts. not normal. compulsive liar and not a child/man of his word......

denies he stiffs bookies when there are pages of it right here at eog.. very sick person

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Carter and Ford's common enemy?

Ronald Reagan.

Actually, Reagan nearly picked Ford as his Vice-Presidential running mate in 1980. Some form of a co-presidency would have been agreed to between them to get Ford to accept. Eventually, Reagan decided to go with the "first" George Bush as his Vice-Presidential running mate, who then succeeded Reagan as 41st President in 1989 (after winning the 1988 election).

Bigrunner

EOG Master
CIA reporting Putin directing election influence operation to hurt Biden and aid Trump. Rudy the clown, an agent of Pinocchio, has been working with Russian agents to influence the 2020 presidential election and undermine America's democracy. It's black and white. This is collusion.

Dumb Alfie how do you say 4 more years in Russian?

Trump has rewarded Putin 7 times for helping win elections. A quid pro quo.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Back to the purpose of the thread.

Electoral-vote.com suggests the most likely alternative to front runner Amy Coney Barrett:

Donald Trump is moving rapidly to identify his nominee to replace Ginsburg. The President interviewed frontrunner Amy Coney Barrett on Monday, and promised that he would have a decision no later than Saturday. The candidate seen as the most likely alternative, if it is not Barrett, is Floridian and Cuban-American Barbara Lagoa. Florida Republicans are pushing hard for her, promising that the pick would deliver the Sunshine State in November. (bolding and underlining by me)

Barrett is 48. Lagoa is 52.

Anyone see any odds posted on Ruth Bader Ginsburg's replacement?

Last edited:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
china helping biden....no commment? imbecile to the max

Trump's America is averaging 1,000 Covid deaths a day. Trudeau's Canada is averaging less than 10 Covid deaths a day. We know Canada is better than Trump's USA, but the difference is unreal. Its all about Federal leadership, misleading messaging and lies of the Trump administration.

At yesterday's Trump rally, the Lt. Gov. suggested to the Trumptards to wear a mask in crowds and closed indoor spaces. The Trumptards and RepubliCon boo him loudly and enthusiastically. Dumb Alfie, the Trump cult is a death cult. The Trumptards are extremely un-American, unethical and uneducated.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Some speculation on Mitch McConnell's thoughts concerning Senate confirmation from electoral-vote.com:

"Trump's 'partner,' Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), appears to have the votes he needs to move forward with a confirmation before the election. He's being coy about whether he will actually do it, but it would be a little odd to whip all those votes for his own amusement. McConnell, of course, is no dummy, and certainly knows that he's putting some members of his caucus in a very bad position, while also threatening his own job. Our guess is that he's taken the lay of the land and concluded that the Senate is nearly lost anyhow, and increasing the odds of that (losing the Senate) by 10% or 20% is worth it in exchange for a conservative hammerlock on the Court." (bolding, underlining, italiczing, and parenthetical clarification by me)

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Trump's America is averaging 1,000 Covid deaths a day. Trudeau's Canada is averaging less than 10 Covid deaths a day. We know Canada is better than Trump's USA, but the difference is unreal. Its all about Federal leadership, misleading messaging and lies of the Trump administration.

At yesterday's Trump rally, the Lt. Gov. suggested to the Trumptards to wear a mask in crowds and closed indoor spaces. The Trumptards and RepubliCon boo him loudly and enthusiastically. Dumb Alfie, the Trump cult is a death cult. The Trumptards are extremely un-American, unethical and uneducated.

from russia/china back to virus...............take a hint and move to canada...........

Bigrunner

EOG Master
china helping biden....no commment? imbecile to the max

Dumb Alfie, you un-American piece of shit. There's absolutely zero evidence that China is helping Biden. There's absolutely zero evidence that Biden sought and used help from China. There's zero evidence that Biden and his agents are colluding with China. American intel has said China wants Biden to win. But any intelligent person knows that doesn't mean China is helping Biden.

Dumb Alfie, wanting someone to win and helping someone win are 2 very different things.

But un-American pieces of shit will always traffic false conspiracies to undermine America's democracy.

Fred Flintstone, Pinocchio, Rudy the Clown and Dumb Alfie are about the only Americans claiming China is helping Biden. RepubliCons are pathetic!

- Dumb Alfie

"Kim Jong Un denuclearised because Trump parked an aircraft carrier off the coast of North Korea".
- Dumb Alfie

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Dumb Alfie, you un-American piece of shit. There's absolutely zero evidence that China is helping Biden. There's absolutely zero evidence that Biden sought and used help from China. There's zero evidence that Biden and his agents are colluding with China. American intel has said China wants Biden to win. But any intelligent person knows that doesn't mean China is helping Biden.

Dumb Alfie, wanting someone to win and helping someone win are 2 very different things.

But un-American pieces of shit will always traffic false conspiracies to undermine America's democracy.

Fred Flintstone, Pinocchio, Rudy the Clown and Dumb Alfie are about the only Americans claiming China is helping Biden. RepubliCons are pathetic!

- Dumb Alfie

"Kim Jong Un denuclearised because Trump parked an aircraft carrier off the coast of North Korea".
- Dumb Alfie

National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC) Director William Evanina issued a statement in August saying both China and Iran are working to help Joe Biden win in November.

stiff you are always wrong. nothing but fake news, lies and your moronic opinions.....do the world a favor and get the virus you fat pos...........

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Add "Shinola" to my EOG glossary.

1600849936653.png

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
EOG contributor JAMMER was right.

This thread belongs in the political forum.

I will send it there later today.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
EOG contributor JAMMER was right.

This thread belongs in the political forum.

I will send it there later today.

No, he wasn't right at the time of his post. His was the 4th post and a hypocritical post as pointed out in post #6 (see below), and the three posts above it certainly weren't sh*t. One by ComptrBob and two by me.

I certainly had nothing to do with the latter posts that devolved into an off topic p*ssing match between a couple of posters, and I attempted to bring the "discussion" back to the purpose of the thread in post #62 (see below).

Post #6:

#1. If you don't want to read it, why are you reading it?

#2. The thread is about the favorite to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the odds associated with it.

After all, whether you like it or not politics is the greatest sport of all and the most important.

Again, this thread is about the her replacement and the speculated odds associated with it and is not overtly political rather speculative and gambling rated with some "fun facts" mixed in.

Finally, why no post complaining about the thread "Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87" and demanding that it be moved, whose vast majority of posts ARE overtly political?

Post #62:

Back to the purpose of the thread.

Electoral-vote.com suggests the most likely alternative to front runner Amy Coney Barrett:

Donald Trump is moving rapidly to identify his nominee to replace Ginsburg. The President interviewed frontrunner Amy Coney Barrett on Monday, and promised that he would have a decision no later than Saturday. The candidate seen as the most likely alternative, if it is not Barrett, is Floridian and Cuban-American Barbara Lagoa. Florida Republicans are pushing hard for her, promising that the pick would deliver the Sunshine State in November. (bolding and underlining by me)

Barrett is 48. Lagoa is 52.

Anyone see any odds posted on Ruth Bader Ginsburg's replacement?

My other posts #5,#7,#41, #43,#59, and #64, were either on topic or clarifications.

Instead, why don't you admonish the posters who devolve the thread?

Are you going to move the thread "Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87", which was overtly political at the time Jammer complained about this thread, and when this thread wasn't?

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
People are getting radicalized more than ever before by watching Fox News and CNN/MSNBC.

None of my posts are from watching any of those three networks. And my posts certainly aren't radicalized, rather information and sometimes opinion or speculation from others (reputable sources that I cite) that I think the other posters might find interesting and/or informative.

"People are getting radicalized more than ever before . . . " a ridiculous assertion, and is a notion I've only read from you and must come from Fox News as I know you don't read books about history -- certainly not in a long time -- and worse, don't even think history is important.

I certainly haven't read the notion anywhere except here and I get the vast majority of my news from reading a wide variety of sources. I don't intentionally watch Fox News (I refuse to watch propaganda). I occasionally watch snippets of the others while flipping through channels. I do occasionally catch glimpses of Fox News while flipping channels -- and then quickly move on.

As far as radical times in the United States, I can think of two off the top of my head far more radical and that's probably just scraping the surface -- there are probably more, maybe many more.

#1 The Revolutionary War -- after all the United States committed treason against the British, and rightfully so with the benefit of hind sight. Prescience wasn't in high supply at the time as it's generally accepted history that 1/3 of the colonists were in favor of independence, 1/3 were not, and 1/3 weren't sure. (obviously no public opinion surveys, but conjecture from research of the times by historians)

#2 The Civil War -- no explanation should be necessary.

Important side note: One thing that helped Harry Truman be a highly rated President, ranging from #5 to #9 in 19 surveys conducted from 1952-2018, despite not having a college education, is his wide reading and understanding of all history, especially the history of western civilization. He could draw on his historical knowledge so as not to repeat the mistakes of the past. He also had excellent advisors, with few exceptions, that he listened to. (Two of those surveys were by the Wall Street Journal, in 2000 and 2005, respectively.)

I will say that the "facebook" concept of social media creates "positive feed back loops" among like minded people of ill informed disinformation with no opposing information reaching the "closed off" loop (The Russians exploited this in 2016 and are doing so again in 2020 as, I presume, are others. I'm certainly not privy to intelligence briefings.)

Last edited:

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Oh goody Foresthill is another libtard posting under the guise of an informed political contributor. All of your threads need moved to a fucking sewer. You are fooling no one except your own ilk who are shit eating clueless twats 24/7 365.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Oh goody Foresthill is another libtard posting under the guise of an informed political contributor. All of your threads need moved to a fucking sewer. You are fooling no one except your own ilk who are shit eating clueless twats 24/7 365.

You have no idea what my political views and philosophy are. Make a cogent argument, not an illogical "ad hominem" attack. My post was responding to John Kelly -- stay out of it.

If you don't want to read it, why are you reading it? Don't be a hypocrite.

The title of the thread and first post are below:

The "favorite" to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U. S. Supreme Court is . . . . . . Amy Coney Barrett . . .
. . . Amy Coney Barrett according to (Z) of electoral-vote.com. He even claims she is odds-on.
is information that someone might want to consider before placing a bet on who the next Justice of the United States Supreme Court might be.

That's information with the source cited, and not my view. What part of that don't you understand?

In NO post in this thread do I give my opinion on who the nominee should be or when the process should occur. So don't claim you know my views when you don't. I through in some "fun facts" to lighten the tone.

Libtard is not a word. Neither is conservtard. It's not clear even what libtard purports to refer to as liberal and libertarian have the same root word: liber.

The only person I've succeeded in fooling is you, because I'm not trying to fool anybody. When somebody tries to say something is my opinion when it's not, I'm going to push back and say so, whether you like it or not.

Again, If you don't want to read it, why are you reading it? Don't be a hypocrite.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Agree- move his dogshit political threads outta here. Guy is so desperate for attention, or just that stupid to post them here.