2009 projections from Baseball Prospectus

Re: 2009 projections from Baseball Prospectus

They hit the White Sox record exactly two years ago. Only five winning teams in the AL?

Can't see the Astros taking that big a drop. What am I missing there?

tripp

EOG Master

AZ winning 90 games? Can't see that happening. I think the Braves are getting too many wins there also.

For the AL I agree LA takes a MAJOR step back, but 79 wins seems a bit on the low side. I see them getting around 83-85 wins this year. Oakland is a sleeper to win the division though for sure.

Yanks should win the AL East. I'll be disappointed if they don't reach 100 wins this year. Jays have a team capable of going above .500 this year. I don't think the Rays win quite that many games, same with the Red Sox.

Interesting projections though.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

What is this, from dreamland. These numbers are off.

This is done by a formula which takes into account all statistical things in baseball. It's not really off, since it has a lot more backing than your thoughts. I hope it's wrong though.

This is done by a formula which takes into account all statistical things in baseball. It's not really off, since it has a lot more backing than your thoughts. I hope it's wrong though.

Braves at 88-74. That's awful lofty?? Im a Braves fan too, I hope juicebox is right :thumbsup

I will take the under on the O's... they got them 5 games away from 500.. no fucking way in that division

BP is the most consistently accurate projection resource.

I remember last year while everyone was slurping Seattle as a "sleeper" and most were picking them to win the West, BP said they'd only win 70ish games and come in dead last in the AL West. O/U for them was like 84 or 85 wins. Guess who was right?