2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Heim

EOG Master
Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

One of these players should sue Boras for malpractice. Holland should have taken Rockies qualifying offer of 17.4mil.....now he's stuck probably with a shitty one year deal hoping to impress for a long term deal in 2019. He was the worst reliever in baseball last third of the season. Was Boras looking for Wade Davis money with his client's Aug and Sep stats? Teams do have the internet.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Alex Cobb to the Orioles.........I believe The Birds RSW total opened as high as 78.5 and It moved down to 71 1/2 ......... I took a bite at O's OVER 71.5 (-110) at Bill Hill a few days ago - this is a nice signing - I sense there is definite value in the number (esp.73 or less) -Buck Showalter comes to the park prepared and the Orioles have a very potent offense with a nice set up/closer in O'Day and Britton. Hopefully Britton can avoid the DL this year.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Hopefully Britton can avoid the DL after he returns in May or June

Valuist

EOG Master

Hopefully Britton can avoid the DL after he returns in May or June

Is he slated to come back that soon? I had heard after the All-Star break, at least. But that was a while ago. But it is no small injury.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Alex Cobb to the Orioles.........I believe The Birds RSW total opened as high as 78.5 and It moved down to 71 1/2 ......... I took a bite at O's OVER 71.5 (-110) at Bill Hill a few days ago - this is a nice signing - I sense there is definite value in the number (esp.73 or less) -Buck Showalter comes to the park prepared and the Orioles have a very potent offense with a nice set up/closer in O'Day and Britton. Hopefully Britton can avoid the DL this year.

The big uncertainty is Machado’s status - will he get traded?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

One of these players should sue Boras for malpractice. Holland should have taken Rockies qualifying offer of 17.4mil.....now he's stuck probably with a shitty one year deal hoping to impress for a long term deal in 2019. He was the worst reliever in baseball last third of the season. Was Boras looking for Wade Davis money with his client's Aug and Sep stats? Teams do have the internet.
Signed with the Cards today for $14 mil.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Yeah he stinks lol.

I don't know how you throw 100 and let a guy who can barely hold a bat anymore turn it around on you lol

maybe he'll learn to pitch one day but probably more likely he tears something before then

I don't know how you throw 100 and let a guy who can barely hold a bat anymore turn it around on you lol

maybe he'll learn to pitch one day but probably more likely he tears something before then

You're right no one should ever put the bat on the ball against syndy.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

How did the Marlins score 4 already? Do they have any MLB talent left on that team?

Lots of funky plays. You and I both know the Cubs don't need Lester to be great all year. Syndergaard needs to be dominant and he seems to still be strikeout obsessed rather than managing the game.

Lots of funky plays. You and I both know the Cubs don't need Lester to be great all year. Syndergaard needs to be dominant and he seems to still be strikeout obsessed rather than managing the game.

We are 4 innings into the season. Don't get carried away. The biggest thing is health with Syndy. No one else in the game like him.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

We are 4 innings into the season. Don't get carried away. The biggest thing is health with Syndy. No one else in the game like him.

He should watch a season's worth of pitching film from Kyle Hendricks and ask himself how someone with 1/1000th the arm talent does arguably better than him in terms of preventing runs.

He should watch a season's worth of pitching film from Kyle Hendricks and ask himself how someone with 1/1000th the arm talent does arguably better than him in terms of preventing runs.

Can you provide a link to some of Hendricks stats that are better than syndergaards?

Thanks.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Can you provide a link to some of Hendricks stats that are better than syndergaards?

Thanks.

They both had full seasons in 2016 and Hendricks finished 3rd in cy young voting and Cindi finished 8th... ask any of the writers with a vote.

Valuist

EOG Master

Cards have a shitty rotation. Syndy is fine.

Their rotation is really a question mark. A break here or there and it could be strong. Luke Weaver has been impressive in the starts I've seen. Alex Reyes has a great arm but is recovering from Tommy John surgery. We know about Martinez, who I believe is good, but not elite. Wacha is steady. Not great but acceptable for a 3. I'm not sure what to expect from Wainwright at this point. I have yet to see Flaherty, so there's a lot of variance in the Cardinals rotation but I have heard opinions that are bullish on them.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Not looking forward to a full season of shitty troll attempts that ain't gonna make anyone a dime. Shit is beyond tired. This all you got?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Outside of Lester pitching in pressure games, I think he’s really a low end 3 these days.

They both had full seasons in 2016 and Hendricks finished 3rd in cy young voting and Cindi finished 8th... ask any of the writers with a vote.

That is a stat....ok.

Cindi lol... cute. Why in the world would Kris Bryants parents spell his name that way?

Sad.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Not looking forward to a full season of shitty troll attempts that ain't gonna make anyone a dime. Shit is beyond tired. This all you got?

you said you were done posting 1329 posts ago and would be on some island in western canada or something

look forward to that if it's reality

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

That is a stat....ok.

Cindi lol... cute. Why in the world would Kris Bryants parents spell his name that way?

Sad.

In all seriousness, Syndergaard looked like he had autism in high school, and maybe he still does but it's hidden, so I think that partially explains why he's never learned how to use his talents effectively. He may just be flat out dumb.

In all seriousness, Syndergaard looked like he had autism in high school, and maybe he still does but it's hidden, so I think that partially explains why he's never learned how to use his talents effectively. He may just be flat out dumb.

I wish there was some way you could teach him your famous pick off move to second base lol.

5 innings 10ks for "cindi"

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I wish there was some way you could teach him your famous pick off move to second base lol.

5 innings 10ks for "cindi"

I don't get the K obsession. Hitters have been striking out more and not caring but you seem to think it's some great indicator of pitching success.

Is giving up 3 runs in 5 innings with 10 Ks good? I'll take 3 K's in 5 innings and 0 runs.

I don't get the K obsession. Hitters have been striking out more and not caring but you seem to think it's some great indicator of pitching success.

Is giving up 3 runs in 5 innings with 10 Ks good? I'll take 3 K's in 5 innings and 0 runs.

8-3 in the 6th. Just avoid walks.

Long season Javi.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Anybody wanna see a truly funny HS picture?

92 lbs. of nose and fukk all else

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I weighed about 180 in HS, thanks for caring tho billy, your mental illness seems to be bad still