2018 Westgate Football SuperContest and Others

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Going to the whip down the stretch at Circa...

:coffee:

as of Fri Sep 6 12:30PM there are
1,682 entries
and
$95,500+ in “quarter” prizes
awarded every month

"And I'll raise you 34 . . . " A six-figure and still growing mini-contest type bonus prize -- four of them -- that's unprecedented here in town, on a handicapping contest, as far as I know. Although I would imagine that multiple players may well be chopping that each quarter. But a nice quarterly pot to chop to be sure.

as of Fri Sep 6 4:00PM there are
1,716 entries
and
$106,000+ in “quarter” prizes
awarded every month

Although -- re: chopping -- looking back at the SuperContest Classic LY, there was only 1 entry at the top with 17 points after WK 04 -- with over 3100 entries.

And in 2017, there were 2 entries at the top with 17 points.

So chopping, or extensive multi-way chopping, after 4 (5 in the last quarter) weeks is not a foregone conclusion.

Also reinforcing an earlier post by Sharky, the kiosks at the Golden Gate were out of service when I was over there this morning.

They'll still take your entries/selections at the windows, but I wouldn't wait until the last minute tomorrow to enter and/or put selections in. It's their first week with this contest, so, as Sharky suggested, I would plan accordingly to leave room/time for some glitches.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I had my circa picks entered this evening. Thanks for the information because I'm sleeping better knowing they've been safely entered.

SuperContest Classic either just hit 3300 . . . or lost 300 entries back to 3000, somebody hadn't had enough coffee before tweeting/retweeting.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Submitted my plays 15 minutes before the brown news came out. Had Denver until it was thought he would be back. Switched it out. Buyers remorse!

Submitted my plays 15 minutes before the brown news came out. Had Denver until it was thought he would be back. Switched it out. Buyers remorse!

I stayed away from the game as I think DEN will be an overly popular selection in the contest. Hoping OAK can hand out quite a few losses.

"Lifting me higher, higher and higher . . . " now is the background music:

as of Sat Sep 7 11:00AM there are
1,813 entries
and
$128,250+ in “quarter” prizes
awarded every month

Still a nice payout in the Classic:

Dave Tuley @ViewFromVegas
49s

#SuperContest champion will win $1,469,644.80 (32% of prize pool of 3,328 entries, $1,500 apiece, minus 8% administrative fee [BOO-O-O]) plus a championship ring [Y-A-A-Y, I have 9 more digits available, and toes . . .] last year, Eric Kahane (alias Personal Gourmet) of Irvine, Calif., won $1,422,214.20
@VSiNLive

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Need a REBOOT here's an opportunity

NEW MID-YEAR FOOTBALL WESTGATE SUPERCONTEST REBOOT, if your coming to town between September 30 and November 2 it's your chance to get in whether your signed up to the yearly contest or not.

The contest runs from WEEK 9 TO WEEK 17 and follows the same format as the regular contest.

https://www.westgateresorts.com/hote...test-reloaded/

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
NEW $500 MID-YEAR FOOTBALL WESTGATE SUPERCONTEST REBOOT, if you or someone you know is coming to town between September 30 and November 2 it's your chance to get in whether your signed up to the yearly contest or not.

The contest runs from WEEK 9 TO WEEK 17 and follows the same format as the regular contest. Here's all the rules and info below

Been proxying for 19 years with many references from current and past players if your looking for a reliable proxy for 2019.

All links below contain all the rules and regulations or do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.

westgatepicks@yahoo.com

Mike - 702-969-3783

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
NEW $500 MID-YEAR FOOTBALL WESTGATE SUPERCONTEST REBOOT, if you or someone you know is coming to town between September 30 and November 2 it's your chance to get in whether your signed up to the yearly contest or not.

The contest runs from WEEK 9 TO WEEK 17 and follows the same format as the regular contest. Here's all the rules and info below

Have till NOVEMBER 2nd 11am to sign up for the last half of the year contest

Been proxying for 19 years with many references from current and past players if your looking for a reliable proxy.

westgatepicks@yahoo.com

Mike - 702-969-3783

Heard on the (radio while driving my car on the) street earlier today that Reboot entries were at 65.

Not sure whether one can draw anything really meaningful from that re: the projected final entry count with no early bird bonus incentive and the new contest being created and promoted after the season started.

But a data point all the same.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
This morning on follow the money the said the reboot has a little over 100 entries. They are expecting 150-200.

They have a $25 administrative fee (5%, paper must be expensive these days).

Here is a breakdown of the payout structure. Looks like a top 10 payout.

1st 40%
2nd 20%
3rd 15%
4th 10%
5th 5%
6th 3%
7th 3%
8th 2%
9th 1%
10th 1%

If they get 200 entries you would need to finish 8th in order to get back more than double the entry.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
8th 2%
9th 1%
10th 1%

If they get 200 entries you would need to finish 8th in order to get back more than double the entry.

Assume the $25 is in addition to $500 entry. Even an 8th place finish doesn't guarantee more than double. E.g. assuming 200 entries ($100k total prize), if say 5 cappers tie for 8th, they split 4% prize money ($4K) which is $800 apiece.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Assume the $25 is in addition to $500 entry. Even an 8th place finish doesn't guarantee more than double. E.g. assuming 200 entries ($100k total prize), if say 5 cappers tie for 8th, they split 4% prize money ($4K) which is $800 apiece.
From the wording on the sheet the $25 is coming out of the $500 entry so $475 goes into the pool.

Had crested 150 entries when I was over there last night during ThNF, which would include folks entering in time to use that game (there otherwise are no early bird incentives).

1st prize would pay 38K with 200 entries per their rules sheet.

Was hoping perhaps vainly for 500 entries and a top prize closer to 100K (95K on 500), but doesn't look promising at this point.

General concept is good, except for the rake -- be interesting to see what they do with this one and how it then does in ensuing years.