2019 College World Series

Valuist

EOG Master
Based on the top 16 seeds, the SEC looks like the top conference with 6 of the top 16. Three PAC 12 teams. Not a single Big Ten.

1. UCLA
2. Vanderbilt
3. Georgia Tech
4. Georgia
5. Arkansas
6. Mississippi State
7. Louisville
8. Texas Tech
9. Oklahoma St
10. East Carolina
11. Stanford
12. Ole Miss
13. LSU
14. North Carolina
15. West Virginia
16. Oregon State

Valuist

EOG Master
Based on the top 16 seeds, the SEC looks like the top conference with 6 of the top 16. Three PAC 12 teams. Not a single Big Ten.

1. UCLA
2. Vanderbilt
3. Georgia Tech
4. Georgia
5. Arkansas
6. Mississippi State
7. Louisville
8. Texas Tech
9. Oklahoma St
10. East Carolina
11. Stanford
12. Ole Miss
13. LSU
14. North Carolina
15. West Virginia
16. Oregon State

Before Railbird accuses me of tailing his picks, like he did in the recent NCAA contest (let the record show I was the one who had Auburn in the Final 4, not him), I saw he had UCLA/Michigan Under 9 1/2 in the best bet thread. The more I look at this, I do like this play; it's at UCLA, night game with the marine layer coming in; we know what the marine layer does to baseball games at any of the California MLB stadiums; it punishes the hitter and the balls that would go out during the day die in the outfield in the cooler, more humid air. I admit my knowledge of NCAA baseball is lacking, but I suspect the marine layer isn't factored into the line. Have to believe the bettors will bet this total down to the key number of 9. So Rail, in this one particular instance, I am tailing your pick.

Valuist

EOG Master
A nice start as Michigan handles UCLA 3-2 and the game goes way under the total. Michigan pitcher Kauffman looked good. Apparently he was drafted by Colorado last week. At one point he faced off against a UCLA hitter who also was drafted by Colorado.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I am taking a shot with:

Florida State +125 to make Omaha

UGA was better than FSU in the Regionals but FSU smoked them. LSU is better than FSU, too

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

FSU is playing for Mike Martin. The lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time FSU Coach is gonna hang it up after this season. I think that gave FSU the extra motivation they needed to advance last week and it might be enough to get them thru this week at LSU and get to Omaha. Price is a tad shorter than what I thought it would be but I'll still take a chance here on FSU feeling pretty good this SR goes 3 games

I also still think UCLA advances over Michigan

Valuist

EOG Master
Watching game 3 of Michigan/UCLA. If anyone thinks the college players are better fundamentally, they are crazy.

On one recent play, there were THREE blatant mistakes. Michigan runner on first. He gets caught leaning (mistake one) and UCLA pitcher fires to first. Runner heads toward second as UCLA cannot execute rundown (mistake 2) and runner slides heads/hands first into 2nd (mistake 3) and is safe, but game is delayed 10 minutes while runner's bleeding/jammed fingers have to get taped up. Who teaches these fools to slide head first? A baseball players hands are too important; its all about hand/eye coordination. Never slide head/hands first.

Valuist

EOG Master
Michigan advances and it didn't seem fluky. They overcame a 2-1 deficit in game 3 to win 4-2; won game 1, and lost game 2 in extra innings despite committing 5 errors. Michigan wasn't ranked in the top 16, but almost certainly should have been.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The PAC 12 should disband after losing to a Big 10 team in baseball.

It was even worse in Regional play. Oregon State...........AT HOME.........lot to an AAC tam in Cincy who entered the post-season one game over .500

Things run in cycle but the WC was brutal this season in baseball. Fullerton didn't go to a Regional for the first time since being hosed in 1991 in what was the all-time worst ever screw job in NCAA baseball history (Google it and see how right I am)

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Auburn with an 11-spot in the top of the 1st at UNC and still batting.

Yikes!

EDIT: Make it 13. And it only ended because of a baserunning mistake.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mercy Rule

1. Some leagues within college baseball employ a mercy rule. This means if a team is up by 10 runs after seven innings (or six-and-a-half if the home team is ahead), the game can be called. In a seven-inning game, the rule is employed after the fifth inning. This rule is not used in NCAA tournament games. Some conferences choose to institute the mercy rule after seven innings on Sundays or in the final game of a conference series. This allows the visiting team to get an early start on traveling.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A nice start as Michigan handles UCLA 3-2 and the game goes way under the total. Michigan pitcher Kauffman looked good. Apparently he was drafted by Colorado last week. At one point he faced off against a UCLA hitter who also was drafted by Colorado.

Nicely done.