2019 MLB Postseason

kane

EOG master
The game worked out perfect for me, I won my play and my Nats future is still alive, oh and RailNazi ate shit

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
That right fielder cost them the game. A 12 12 year old makes that play

Wrong- even if he makes the play, game is tied at 3 and Wash has 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and a chance to take the lead.
Hader- Hit batter, Hit, Walk, Hit- that cost them the game.

Wrong- even if he makes the play, game is tied at 3 and Wash has 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and a chance to take the lead.
Hader- Hit batter, Hit, Walk, Hit- that cost them the game.
Sure Hader got them into the jam in the first place. Grisham allowing a routine ball through the legs definitely cost the game. 1st and 2nd 2 outs, milwaukee still has a huge statistical advantage of leaving the inning tied.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Two Game 7's, if you will, to start the October action.

I agree with this characterization. One of the things Baseball has gotten right -- rewarding division winners, making wild cards pay a price for being 2nd or rarely third by playing an all or nothing "7th" game, one game wild card battle.

Exciting game late.

Fascinating to see the change in demeanor in Washington fans from "oh no, here we go again (after first inning 2 run blast by Brewers to gain early 2-0 lead)" to "maybe this year we are the team of destiny [after the error in right field and earlier fortuitous (fortunate) events help load the bases before Soto's hit and the right fielder error in the 8th inning, which gave Washington a 4-3 lead (instead of a 3-3 tie) that they closed out in the top of the 9th]".

MrTop

EOG Master
braves pushed everyone out of the way to get keuchel. he could not win in the big spot

8-8 4.72 FIP in 2019

sad

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I agree with this characterization. One of the things Baseball has gotten right -- rewarding division winners, making wild cards pay a price for being 2nd or rarely third by playing an all or nothing "7th" game, one game wild card battle.

Exciting game late.

Fascinating to see the change in demeanor in Washington fans from "oh no, here we go again (after first inning 2 run blast by Brewers to gain early 2-0 lead)" to "maybe this year we are the team of destiny [after the error in right field and earlier fortuitous (fortunate) events help load the bases before Soto's hit and the right fielder error in the 8th inning, which gave Washington a 4-3 lead (instead of a 3-3 tie) that they closed out in the top of the 9th]".

And to think Bob Costas vehemently opposed the wild card idea.

Whoops!

MrTop

EOG Master
The Nats didn’t exactly let Harper go -
They offered him a boatload of cash to stay in Washington before Philadelphia landed him.

offer was low.. . so he had no choice but to leave... he could of stayed but he was too greedy

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
And to think Bob Costas vehemently opposed the wild card idea.

Whoops!

Did he oppose the initial wild card (just one) or the additional wild card resulting in the one game play in?

I thought it was the initial wild card.

I don't like the wild card idea.

I prefer two divisions, each league, and the top team, only, gets in. 162 games minimizes a lot of randomness that occurs in sports like football with only 16 games. I don't like 2nd place teams getting in with 162 games played.

But if your going to have wild cards, the current format is better than the original (one wild card) with no incentive to win the division.

kane

EOG master
Glasnow was tipping his pitches, several players were tweeting this as he was getting rocked, one player said he was tipping pitches when he faced him in a Spring training game this year

kane

EOG master
Took a shot with the Yankees tonight, hoping they can get a lead then turn it over to their pen, also it would be beneficial if Tanaka doesn't tip his pitches

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
So far, so good, KANE.

Game is going according to your script.

Yankees lead 3-0 after five-and-a-half innings.