2019 MLB World Series: Houston vs Washington

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
During the ALCS I grabbed some: Astros +110 to win the WS. I did it expecting the line to come around this price

IF you like the Astros.......bet it NOW! Astros will win G1 and the price will never be lower than this
IF you like the Nats..........WAIT! You will be able to get a better price after Cole shuts down the Nats in G1

History treats teams that sweep the LCS very badly once the WS starts. No way to overestimate how huge it was for the Astros to win the KCS in 6 and save Cole for G1 and not have to pitch him in G& and then not until G3 of the WS. Now Astros will have Cole/Grienke/Mr. Kate Upton going in 6 of the 7 games but then again Max/Strasburg/Corbin will also go 6 games, too

I'll take the Astros in no more than 6 but I do hope the Nats win it for Kurt Suzuki.....who drove in the GW run for us in winning the 2004 CWS

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
That's some great value winky to bet them as a dog in the beginning. I like the' Stros in either 5 or 6, leaning closer to 5 unless both Strasburg and Scherzer can somehow take both games they go. Then we have a series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scherzer getting almost 2-1. Only when the narrative gets out of hand. I don't know if I would call for a Nats series win, but I can say the Astros are getting way overrated. Will look to spot play the Nats.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Astros win game 1. Cole is going and rust on nationals. Having cole for 3 starts makes -220 too cheap.

Should be -400.[/QUOTE

I highly doubt Cole will start if there is a 7th game. He may come in at some point and throw a few innings, as soon as one of the bullpen guys gets in trouble.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
LOVE the Prop: Most Ks by one pitcher: Over/Under 9. Right now it is -120 both ways..................LOVE: OVER! Knowing how many starts we will get from Max/Cole/Mr. Kate Upton/Strasburg - think someone hits 10 and knowing how long the Nats have been off won't shock me at all if Cole mows down 10+ in G1

kane

EOG master
LOVE the Prop: Most Ks by one pitcher: Over/Under 9. Right now it is -120 both ways..................LOVE: OVER! Knowing how many starts we will get from Max/Cole/Mr. Kate Upton/Strasburg - think someone hits 10 and knowing how long the Nats have been off won't shock me at all if Cole mows down 10+ in G1

I'm surprised it's only 9, would have thought it would have been much higher

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Gerrit Cole to be WS MVP +800

Odds are every game but G4 will be a low scoring game. I think the chances of a pitcher being MVP is much better than a hitter if we think every game can be low scoring. If that is the case gimme someone who I am pretty sure will pitch 2 games. I can't say that about any other Astros pitcher. I know Cole will face Max in G1 and G5 but I like my chances since Cole will go at least 7 in each start. And because he is tossing in G5 it means he will have 2 days rest to pitch in a G7 if need be and that is normally a bullpen session so he can toss an inning or 2. Astros pretty much know Cole is gone after this series so why not work him knowing he won't be back! At this price he is someone worth a shot.

High Times

EOG Master

Odds are every game but G4 will be a low scoring game. I think the chances of a pitcher being MVP is much better than a hitter if we think every game can be low scoring. If that is the case gimme someone who I am pretty sure will pitch 2 games. I can't say that about any other Astros pitcher. I know Cole will face Max in G1 and G5 but I like my chances since Cole will go at least 7 in each start. And because he is tossing in G5 it means he will have 2 days rest to pitch in a G7 if need be and that is normally a bullpen session so he can toss an inning or 2. Astros pretty much know Cole is gone after this series so why not work him knowing he won't be back! At this price he is someone worth a shot.

Cole and Max will split and the same with Verlander and Strausberg. 2-2 with the other 3 games deciding the series. Series price should be lower ....

High Times

EOG Master
I know anything can happen, but it could be a 3 game series. What happens in those games could decide it all.
If I was either team I would have game 1 starter ... Start games 4 and 7 also just like we used to see ...

DotPark

EOG Addicted
After the Stros got Greinke at very end of the trade deadline oddsmaker must have been out to lunch cause I was able to get the Stros +450.

MrTop

EOG Master
scherzer was a dog +130 vs dodgers buehler during 2019

hamels +145 went into Washington may 17th.. and beat the nationals by 8

ten days later may 27th hamels went to houston +160 to Cole and lost to Houston by 1 .

railbird

EOG Master

L

richsox24

EOG Master
i took Astros +330 back in May
Of course you did.

And just like that, Gerritt Cole forgot how to pitch and and Astros season comes crashing to a end.

I swear, this guy has a worse record than Landers and all of his plays are past posted. Hard to do.

kane

EOG master
I have Wash +25/1 placed on 9/9.

Big win for us last night, the Nats had to split the first two, but I thought their best chance would be tonight, didn't think they could beat Cole, if Stras shows up big tonight they could be up 2-0 going home, still can't believe Soto is only 20 years old, that kid is special #LetsGoNats #Natitude