2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

MrTop

EOG Master
all i know in a playoff game I don't want the ball hit to SS Tatis

tatis is near the bottom in runs saved at SS

hitting under .200 lots of whiffs

going for too many homeruns.. If someone would pull him aside he could do more for the padres if he just hit singles and walk... once he gets he is an asset .

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
sides 3-1 +2.05 totals 1-1 -.1 playing miami -130 to win .9 units (because of higher juice I use a simple formula.. take the extra juice 30cents divide by two which is 1.15 x 100 = 115/-130=.88 round off to .9 for this thread grading. adding dodgers -114 for .95 units

Last edited:
From what i've seen, these have been doing well, especially angle #1 picks:

Angle #1: Cubs +105
65% tickets, 89% money on ATL, line dropped from +115 to +102

Angle #2: Detroit +118
47% tickets, 78% money

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
all i know in a playoff game I don't want the ball hit to SS Tatis

tatis is near the bottom in runs saved at SS

hitting under .200 lots of whiffs

going for too many homeruns.. If someone would pull him aside he could do more for the padres if he just hit singles and walk... once he gets he is an asset .
He has played 6 games. I doubt they are too worked up about his avg after six (6) games.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Absolutely hideous. Almost as bad as the Steeler throwbacks.
I didn't mind those because they tied to team history. Nike will bastardize these jerseys like the NBA's City Edition jerseys. COuld you imagine the Yankees coming out in something like what Boston wore? Judging by other forums, the 30-YO and unders love the jerseys, so we know where this is headed.

Valuist

EOG Master
Acuna had been grimacing and appeared to have abdominal or groin pain when he was on 2nd base. He dives head first into home. Needless to say, he comes out of the game with "lower abdominal discomfort". What is he thinking diving head first (on a play where the throw was cut off)? Somebody in these organizations has to stop these idiotic head first slides. Everyone thinks they are Rickey Henderson.

MrTop

EOG Master
Hendricks problem is the entire rotation throws like him. Atlanta was teeing off on those pitches tonight.

when a pitcher gives up homeruns... cannot blame it on anyone but the pitcher.. not the fielders fault. Hendrix gave up 4 of them last time i looked in the 1st inning. He does not look the same anymore. His location or maybe speed is off... time to regroup with a trip to the DL hurt or not.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Strong situational play on Seattle tonight. Dodgers off a very heated Padres series, win streak just ended and need to fly up to face a Seattle team that has been playing better last few games out.

100% agree and tailing. I have +1.5 at a plus number.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Mercedes now pitching for the White Sox, and I assume a position player will pitch the 8th.

Loving this for my salamis!

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
April 7th was the last time a Cards starter went more than 5 innings, and the bullpen has been pretty bad, Ross solid in a small sample so far.

Washington -102 is my 2nd biggest bet of the year so far.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Good call, V. Probably don't need to do that with Mendick though. (who pitched the 8th.)

His fastest pitch was 64 mph. Mercedes I believe hit at least the mid-80's a couple times.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Good call, V. Probably don't need to do that with Mendick though. (who pitched the 8th.)

His fastest pitch was 64 mph. Mercedes I believe hit at least the mid-80's a couple times.
He actually had a 88 MPH. He was rocking the Fernando Rodney/Pedro Strop look.

On Texas + 198..... I had it priced at LAA -145

Arihara is a soft tosser without great stuff but he’s a bit deceptive and LAA hitters iare seeing him for the very first time

I think Bundy is a solid pitcher but it always feels like he gets priced based on his prospect hype instead of his actual MLB performance

Strictly a value play for me