2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

What books do you like use for MLB?

I've noticed TheScore #s are terrible. I have a couple of thousand dollars coming to me in free bets and I was hoping to use them on MLB dogs but their prices can be 15-30 cents lower than everywhere else.

Now that we are settled in, here's the status of the books vig today thanks to OddsBoom. Pretty clear to me Fox needs to GTFO, that's embarrassing and that FD and DK really don't want our business day to day. MGM wins the award for most disappointing book, they have 15 cent spreads on NHL for goodness sakes. WH, Super, Circa and Wynn seem to be the best for baseball. SBK not posted on here, but they haven't been so hot on MLB so far with very thin markets. Overall though its great for bettors, the effective house edge is very small as long as you are funded across the board.

Attachments

• Mets Lines.JPG
    Mets Lines.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Giants Lines.JPG
    Giants Lines.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 3

MrTop

EOG Master
Now that we are settled in, here's the status of the books vig today thanks to OddsBoom. Pretty clear to me Fox needs to GTFO, that's embarrassing and that FD and DK really don't want our business day to day. MGM wins the award for most disappointing book, they have 15 cent spreads on NHL for goodness sakes. WH, Super, Circa and Wynn seem to be the best for baseball. SBK not posted on here, but they haven't been so hot on MLB so far with very thin markets. Overall though its great for bettors, the effective house edge is very small as long as you are funded across the board.

caesars is as good as anyone....

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Great site, thanks for sharing.

Im leaning in that direction myself, for totals I usually wait closer to game time for more info. While I agree wind blowing in and cold favor the under, rain favors the over. I had to learn the hard way with more errors commited by a wet ball or infield. Ball dies in the outfield letting runners take a extra base more easily combined wih the grip. Wind will sometimes change direction as well.

Here's your update, big puffy snowflakes falling at my place, about a 15 mile drive from Coors. Not sure if this game gets done tonight.

Yeah as far as MLB sides go I 'm only shopping my #s at Circa, Wynn and Super. No need to waste my time even looking at the others.

Yeah as far as MLB sides go I 'm only shopping my #s at Circa, Wynn and Super. No need to waste my time even looking at the others.

But you could miss things like the Scherzer 5 inning line at MGM which I still don't get. The situation reminds me of offshore where Bookmaker has crappy vig compared to the others but on big dogs you still get the best price at times. OddsBoom has been great, almost as useful as Don Best to me but just $9/month. I wonder if they are going to jack up the prices soon.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
mgm and mirage deal the same line in lasvegas. check donbest -115, was never,guess colorodo mgm is different. Mirage deals 20cents in baeball when others 10, guess they don't want baseball action. Only -115 at mgm-mirage was for game not first five.

But you could miss things like the Scherzer 5 inning line at MGM which I still don't get. The situation reminds me of offshore where Bookmaker has crappy vig compared to the others but on big dogs you still get the best price at times. OddsBoom has been great, almost as useful as Don Best to me but just $9/month. I wonder if they are going to jack up the prices soon.
I honestly think MGM was taking a side on that game.

MrTop

EOG Master
Lol, how much longer are they going to exist for sports betting?

I gave that info for you...cause you did not know.. . by the time caesars fades to black.. I will be dead... Keep in mind they are cheaper and slower in many ways in sports betting then DK and fan duel and many new places ... NJ in the next few months will let us all know when and if these new places open up., the exchange. superbook.... the question of 5dimes's application ..

MrTop

EOG Master
always want fan fuel in your set of books... why ? they are open at post time.... the other books close 2 minutes early all the time before they swing over to in game.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
WAY-TOO-EARLY obervations so far: (all anecdotal)

1.) The Pirates are absolutely fucking horrible in every facet of the game from every on-field metric to the farm and the front office, and the Hayes injury just adds insult on top of it. I don't think the books realize yet just how truly bad they are. I'll tell you this: I'm blindly betting every opposing team's run line at ANY plus number, and any -2.5 line at +170 or better until they prove otherwise. Pirates under 58.5 (or whatever it was) looks like the stone nuts right now barring some huge injury issues in the rest of the division.

I fully expect the 119 losses by the Tigers in 2003 to be in play for this team. The 134 by the Cleveland Spiders in 1899 is probably safe though LOL.

2.) Don't sleep on the Royals. Merrifield would be a perennial MVP candidate in just about any other market, and I love the addition of Taylor, who seems like a perfect fit to roam that cavernous outfield. The rotation is serviceable, but they have to get the pen figured out. I've also been pretty underwhelmed by the rest of that division so far, and the Jimenez injury looms large for the White Sox.

3.) I mentioned earlier that I was skeptical of MLB's claim of a deadened baseball, and maybe it's just confirmation bias but I've seen nothing so far to change my mind. The 3-outcome game looks more prevalent than ever.

WAY-TOO-EARLY obervations so far: (all anecdotal)

1.) The Pirates are absolutely fucking horrible in every facet of the game from every on-field metric to the farm and the front office, and the Hayes injury just adds insult on top of it. I don't think the books realize yet just how truly bad they are. I'll tell you this: I'm blindly betting every opposing team's run line at ANY plus number, and any -2.5 line at +170 or better until they prove otherwise. Pirates under 58.5 (or whatever it was) looks like the stone nuts right now barring some huge injury issues in the rest of the division.

I fully expect the 119 losses by the Tigers in 2003 to be in play for this team. The 134 by the Cleveland Spiders in 1899 is probably safe though LOL.

2.) Don't sleep on the Royals. Merrifield would be a perennial MVP candidate in just about any other market, and I love the addition of Taylor, who seems like a perfect fit to roam that cavernous outfield. The rotation is serviceable, but they have to get the pen figured out. I've also been pretty underwhelmed by the rest of that division so far, and the Jimenez injury looms large for the White Sox.

3.) I mentioned earlier that I was skeptical of MLB's claim of a deadened baseball, and maybe it's just confirmation bias but I've seen nothing so far to change my mind. The 3-outcome game looks more prevalent than ever.

Rockies aren't too far behind the Pirates and figure to ship off some of their players before the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see Story, Gray and maybe Marquez getting shipped off. Maybe hosting the All-Star game will keep them from a fire sale before then, but a house cleaning is coming. Hopefully the GM and all the internal staff is sent packing too. I know a lot of this mess is on ownership, but owners aren't selling.

I think they are where the Pirates are two years ago, bad team with mediocre farm system so they will be trying everyone young they can. They are probably at the bottom of the league for awhile.

MrTop

EOG Master
hendrix of the cubs speed has come down 3 mph since his first year... something that could be looked at in the next few games.

MrTop

EOG Master
I thought I read somewhere recently he added velocity this year?

i read it and went to FG
i posted 3 mph...but it was only 2 MPH... biggest thing is cubs last in hitting in MLB.. meanwhile castellanos of reds killing it...cubs got rid of him

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
i read it and went to FG
i posted 3 mph...but it was only 2 MPH... biggest thing is cubs last in hitting in MLB.. meanwhile castellanos of reds killing it...cubs got rid of him
Hey now, they have a hit thru 7 innings.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
always want fan fuel in your set of books... why ? they are open at post time.... the other books close 2 minutes early all the time before they swing over to in game.
That and also the late ingame plays. Got Mil Tl +280 in the bottom of 7 hoping for extra innings.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
ODDSboom is great

I have been playing at BetMGM, their 1H Unders are often more favorable juice there as well as at Scorebet

Betmgm also allows you buy half run on the 1H total