2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

Don Best is worthless for books outside of NJ. I test drove it for a month, the feeds were all wrong. They had books that said Colorado lines and they must have been for another state because they weren't available here. And a few books that list as Colorado weren't showing up. I'm sure it works great for NJ, but outside of NJ Oddsboom is a better offering for following the onshore books.

Don Best is worthless for books outside of NJ. I test drove it for a month, the feeds were all wrong. They had books that said Colorado lines and they must have been for another state because they weren't available here. And a few books that list as Colorado weren't showing up. I'm sure it works great for NJ, but outside of NJ Oddsboom is a better offering for following the onshore books.
Not to mention the price $150 a year is a steal.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I wish i could look up the last time hendrix a dog at home vs woodruff...maybe never .... hendrix was a dog at the westgate today
He opened up a fav, all the money came in on Mil. I think woodruff shut them down in Milwaukee last September also.

Talk about an action limiting move only two of my apps work while sitting in the stadium watching a game. Five of them giving me errors and Fox saying im in an ineligible location. What bullshit, I figured this would only happen in places where the teams got licenses. Draft Kings got ads up here everywhere and magically their app works.

MrTop

EOG Master
it does happen bill... One reason why i bet at home or laptop most of the time... here is one for you get a Pixel book by google... top of the line is about $1700.. wifi to phone...so you can bring up web pages Ok then there are some like theScore or wynn who do not have web pages.. but Google is not a windows computer...looks like a laptop. it is a Big Phone without the windows... without the load up hassle... you get the apps on there.. problem solved.. then you can get the don best phone version on the bigger view...live lines... $50 month

better than the fruit loops line service you are using.. you could see grande, south point positions...just saying...... verizon for the carrier... better service

for more money you can get don best program... but that is another story for the amount & another day

Last edited:

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Mr Top must be a pro gambler or wanna be pro gambler

Why the fuck would I pay for donbest betting rec amounts

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
The wannabe’s ALL think they are OWED something and somewhere they’ve been dealt a poor hand by life, marriage, the IRS, the government etc.etc.etc.
The professional has incredible discipline and patience and a remarkable (developed) ability to pick the spots where HE believes that HE truly has the edge over the book.

The wannabe has little patience and even less regard for his own money. He may be an excellent handicapper but he has NO CONCEPTof real money management or true discipline with his betting. He is destined to remain a $100 to $500 bettor FOREVER (unless he inherits some MORE money he can blow).

The pro doesn’t need the ego boost of boasting about his picks, his money or his big scores. He retains his anonymity and obscurity and EARNS his self esteem by VERY HARD WORK.

The wannabe’s NEVER stop spouting about their great picks and their super scores and ALWAYS have a running narration about their big win last weekend OR how they were screwed by the refs or the weather or the coaches etc.etc.

The wannabe’s ALL think they are OWED something and somewhere they’ve been dealt a poor hand by life, marriage, the IRS, the government etc.etc.etc.
The professional has incredible discipline and patience and a remarkable (developed) ability to pick the spots where HE believes that HE truly has the edge over the book.

The wannabe has little patience and even less regard for his own money. He may be an excellent handicapper but he has NO CONCEPTof real money management or true discipline with his betting. He is destined to remain a $100 to $500 bettor FOREVER (unless he inherits some MORE money he can blow).

The pro doesn’t need the ego boost of boasting about his picks, his money or his big scores. He retains his anonymity and obscurity and EARNS his self esteem by VERY HARD WORK.

The wannabe’s NEVER stop spouting about their great picks and their super scores and ALWAYS have a running narration about their big win last weekend OR how they were screwed by the refs or the weather or the coaches etc.etc.

Being a pro ain't for everyone, I'm an amateur these days and would never argue otherwise. Those guys shelling out for premium Don Best how many are real pros versus guys who think getting DB screen will make them pros?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I do see a lot of pros who need the ego boost. They are easy to spot, they brag about their bet size. I’m sure there are some pros who bet $100-500 also. Of course putting the time in is very important, I don’t have the time, nor the desire to want to be a pro. It’s a different mindset, I don’t have it. That doesn’t mean I want to take the worst number when there is a tool available to avoid that.

This speaks to me. I worked my away around my 3% per bet rule by making 6 3% bets (all correlated) lost them all. 1st 5 figure wager I've lost in a long long time. Lost 20% of my bankroll on one game that I'd spent years building.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
This speaks to me. I worked my away around my 3% per bet rule by making 6 3% bets (all correlated) lost them all. 1st 5 figure wager I've lost in a long long time. Lost 20% of my bankroll on one game that I'd spent years building.

Join the club. Gambling is a mother fucker. Nobody can beat me though. If it was possible to be in the red going 4-0 for the day I would have accomplished that already.

It has always came down to money management. Not the broad money management everybody says either. Really, structured money management. Goes way beyond just saying I'm betting just 20 a game too.

STL over 8 (there are some 7.5’s out there at the moment that will probably be gone soon). CarMart doesn’t have the juice he used to and can’t survive anymore when his command is off like he used to. Wind is blowing straight out at 18mph. I do like Houser a little bit but I think I had this total at 9

CLE under 9 I do like both SP’s a bit (Civale and Skubal) and neither of these teams bats have got it going yet.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Bookmaker has been all "action" on their lines. No listed pitchers. Yet today tbd Wa v La is off. In other words their action is the listed.

Twins TT over 4.5 -130

Twins have a lineup that normally crushes LHP despite missing Donaldson at the moment. Only 2 lefty bats in the lineup for MIN today and they’re in the 8 and 9 hole

Not a fan of Martin Perez

The 46 degree weather is offset by wind blowing straight out at 12 mph and 80% humidity

MrTop

EOG Master
pitchout keuchel in box for whitesox

note earlier in the day cobb was put in for LAA

Last edited:
Yeah questionable starter but SD averaging 3.9 runs per game. They have not been good offensively since the first few games of the year when they had Tatis in the lineup.
I thought the Tatis contract was insane the day they announced it. Dudes made of glass and has missed substantial injuryl time regularly going back to his minor league days.

MrTop

EOG Master
Tatis hitting .167 ... striking out 33% in 2021... batting avg continues to drop cause of less contact ...lifetime 27.4 % whiffs

-4 runs saved since he has been playing.. many SS have been better in the field.

Baez of cubs +37 has the most saved runs at SS
story is next +28

he could put the kids in the seats... tatis has a long way to go at SS.

I thought the Tatis contract was insane the day they announced it. Dudes made of glass and has missed substantial injuryl time regularly going back to his minor league days.

It certainly wasn't without risk, but the real risk in long term contracts are usually at the end when you have a worthless player getting paid $25m or more until the contract finally ends. This one is so different, he'll still be in his prime and motivated to keep producing because he can get one more large deal after it. So in this case you are paying a little more than production in the front end, not the back end. You never know with injuries and all, but he's still years from hitting his prime offensively and defensively.