2021 NFC Championship Game (Bucs v Packers)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Tampa Bay 31 Green Bay 26.

The Packers never touched the ball again after the conservative field-goal attempt late in the fourth quarter.

Attention NFL head coaches: Please contact ComptrBob in Squaw Valley, California in order to make the right calls at the right time.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Rodgers most likely scores on 3rd down if he runs to the right corner. At least he would be much closer and they would not have kicked the FG. Of they still needed a 2 point conversion.
which brings in to question going for two early in the 3rd quarter. Not sure that was the correct call either

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
How many times are the Packers not getting the benefit of the call in the EZ? If they fail, TB is still inside the 10.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
TYVM to: Joe Fortenbaugh and clueless Anita Marks

When they both said they LOVED GB -3 that was good enough for me. I passed on the Packers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rodgers most likely scores on 3rd down if he runs to the right corner. At least he would be much closer and they would not have kicked the FG. Of they still needed a 2 point conversion.
which brings in to question going for two early in the 3rd quarter. Not sure that was the correct call either

Rodgers scrambles to throw.

There, he should have scrambled to score.

Remember John Elway's helicopter ride in Super Bowl XXXII.

1611532395439.png

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Rodgers scrambles to throw.

There, he should have scrambled to score.

Remember John Elway's helicopter ride in Super Bowl XXXII.

View attachment 7463594

As a Broncos fan when this happened I knew the game was over! Later many Broncos players said the same. When someone like Elway was willing to do that every other player knew they could not let him down.

Just like the 1988 WS was over once Kirk Gibson's ball landed in the stands. There is a great shot of A's players in the dugout walking back to the clubhouse and they all looked like they were at a funeral

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Elway was 37 years old at the time and he wasn't the scrambler he once was.

Fittingly, Aaron Rodgers is 37, too.