2022 death pool

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
guy lafleur 70 y/o
Man o Man. You got no respect for Neveragain. He even capitalized The G and the L in the name.
No problem Rockfish. Mr. Top probably didn’t scroll up to read above.

Lafleur’s elusive speed and great hands were his best weapons.
It also helped his career tremendously to have 10 or 15 Canadiens teammates who entered the Hall of Fame.

Luckily, as a youth, I saw Lafleur in his prime on TV almost every week. RIP Guy.

MrTop

EOG Master

It also helped his career tremendously to have 10 or 15 Canadiens teammates who entered the Hall of Fame.

Luckily, as a youth, I saw Lafleur in his prime on TV almost every week. RIP Guy.

you got it neveragain. I just happen to see he died. I knew he was great years ago and i was not a hockey fan at all.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Les Canadiens really wanted Denis Savard as he was the next Lafleur. Hard to believe how far they have fallen.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Kane has died 😱😢

Didn’t realize Kane was that old 😳

Won’t be able to cash out that Sixth Man ticket
—————————————————

Oldest person in the world dies at 119.

Kane Tanaka was born in 1903 and married a rice shop owner at the age of 19. She worked in the family store until she was 103. Her great-granddaughter Junka Tanaka set up a twitter account to celebrate her amazing life which included photos of her great-grandmother eating cake and drinking soda pop. Her family said she kept herself active by doing math problems and staying curious. She lived through many events including the 1918 flu pandemic and the current Covid-19 pandemic. along with two world wars.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Shutt Lemaire Lafleur one of the best lines all time...

also Gillies Trotts Bossy ...and Kurri- Gretzky-Tikkanen. Those were the days

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
[TABLE]

The Judds, dies at 76

Singer Naomi Judd died at the age of 76 from ‘the disease of mental illness,’ her daughters Wynonna and Ashley Judd announced in a statement on Saturday. Judd won five Grammys and sold millions of records in her caree

[/TABLE]

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Bob Lanier….one of the greatest NBA centers that has ever played…RIP
You got that right. If it wasn't for his terrible knee troubles who knows how good he could have been. IIRC i think he had eight knee surgeries during his playing career. That was before arthroscopic surgery when they would open you up like when you fillet a fish.

Lanier still holds records at St. Bonaventure.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
From Wikipedia,

According to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lanier would smoke cigarettes during halftime breaks. Abdul-Jabbar would try to take advantage of this by forcing Lanier to run more during the second half.[33] In the movie Airplane!, Abdul-Jabbar also references Lanier when he says to little Joey: "Tell your old man to drag [Bill] Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes."[34]

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Those 70’s pistons teams were a lot like the Bulls from the same time. They were very tough defensively They were always a player short, but it wasn’t at center.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Those 70’s pistons teams were a lot like the Bulls from the same time. They were very tough defensively They were always a player short, but it wasn’t at center.
Back at Cobo Arena in Detroit, we had Lanier, Dave Bing, etc. It was the era right before we drafted Isiah Thomas which was the start of the Bad Boys Era.

Cobo was a 12,000 seat auditorium where the Pistons played prior to moving to the Pontiac Silverdome, and then to the Palace of Auburn Hills. My first concert, Bob Seger, was there too.

cobo.jpg

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Back at Cobo Arena in Detroit, we had Lanier, Dave Bing, etc. It was the era right before we drafted Isiah Thomas which was the start of the Bad Boys Era.

Cobo was a 12,000 seat auditorium where the Pistons played prior to moving to the Pontiac Silverdome, and then to the Palace of Auburn Hills. My first concert, Bob Seger, was there too.

View attachment 7465650
They also had John Mengelt (later bulls announcer), a real
Instigator.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
They also had John Mengelt (later bulls announcer), a real
Instigator.

Can't forget about Dick Vitale who became the Piston's coach in that era after successful years at University of Detroit.

Vitale left the Titans and college basketball to coach the Detroit Pistons of the NBA in the 1978–79 Detroit Pistons season, leading them to a 30–52 (.366) record.[5] Vitale was hospitalized with stress related stomach issues during his first season on the bench in Detroit as the team struggled. In his second year, on November 8, 1979, Pistons owner Bill Davidson came to Vitale's house and told him that the Pistons were making a coaching change. It was twelve games into the 1979–80 Detroit Pistons season, and with the Pistons off to a 4–8 start, Vitale was fired.

A significant reason for Vitale's downfall with the Pistons was the maneuver that brought Bob McAdoo to Detroit. M.L. Carr's decision to sign with Boston as a free agent in 1979 spawned a transaction in which the Pistons, with Vitale in charge of player personnel, entitled to compensation for Carr, demanded McAdoo, whom the Celtics were looking to unload due to injuries. The Pistons sent two 1980 first-round draft picks (in addition to Carr) to the Celtics in exchange for McAdoo in a combination free agent signing/trade. The Pistons would have the worst season in franchise history in 1979–80, and their pick would become the first overall pick in the 1980 draft. Boston then traded the two picks to the Warriors (who selected Joe Barry Carroll with the number 1 pick and Rickey Brown with the number 13 pick) in exchange for Robert Parish and the number 3 pick (Kevin McHale).[6]

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Another note, and then back to the subject at hand here (death pool 2022), it is amazing how the overhead scoreboard at basketball arena's, or anywhere for that matter, has evolved. Look how simple the one hanging down at Cobo was back in the day vs. what we have now! These day's you can just watch the video board and not even pay attention to what's happening on the floor!

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Andy Fletcher, a keyboardist and founding member of Depeche Mode, has died. He was 60 years old.
The cause of death was not announced.

ricc

EOG Member
https://advocatesnairobi.com/وكيل-تسلا-في-السعودية/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/أسعار-الأسهم-عام-2005/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/١٢-دولار-كم-ريال-سعودي/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/وظائف-السفارة-الأمريكية-بالرياض/