2022 death pool

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Christine McVie, the English musician whose smoky vocals and romantic lyrics helped catapult the rock group Fleetwood Mac to international success, has died, the band announced on Twitter.

She was 79.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Christine McVie, the English musician whose smoky vocals and romantic lyrics helped catapult the rock group Fleetwood Mac to international success, has died, the band announced on Twitter.

She was 79.
Wasn't my kind of music for the most part. McVie was a great talent and a incredible song writer.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
John Hadl

Longtime Chargers QB.

Fun fact- he was an All-American halfback at Kansas before he switched to quarterback, and he was also an all American as QB.

Also, an oddity- he wore number 21, very unusual if not unique for a QB.

After the Chargers, he went 12-2 for the Rams in 1973.

railbird

EOG Master
me and fat arties freind basketball bob bought final 4 tickets off of hadl when he was the AD or big booster at Kansas, this was about 15-20 years ago

hels

EOG Dedicated
Can we do a 2023 athlete/coach death pool? There will be some great jokes and some actual insight DD on the drug and dog abusers. I know that seems like a joke but I think homicide for Vick might raise his chance of death. Have there been many people related to pro sports that have been murdered? Let's leave the 93% rate of soccer referee in Brazil out of the discussion.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Can we do a 2023 athlete/coach death pool? There will be some great jokes and some actual insight DD on the drug and dog abusers. I know that seems like a joke but I think homicide for Vick might raise his chance of death. Have there been many people related to pro sports that have been murdered? Let's leave the 93% rate of soccer referee in Brazil out of the discussion.
I would be in. Make a list of 10-20 people. $100, winner take all.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Former NFL running back Ronnie Hillman, who was part of two Super Bowl runs with the Denver Broncos, has died of cancer at the age of 31, his family announced in a social media post Thursday. The team confirmed his death in a statement.

railbird

EOG Master
Former NFL running back Ronnie Hillman, who was part of two Super Bowl runs with the Denver Broncos, has died of cancer at the age of 31, his family announced in a social media post Thursday. The team confirmed his death in a statement.
laharbra high and sandiego state, pac12 coaches shit the bed on him, just like kawhi leonard and many others

railbird

EOG Master
laharbra high and sandiego state, pac12 coaches shit the bed on him, just like kawhi leonard and many others
i remember linebacker coach Smith at sandiego state was begging kyle middlebrooks everyday to come to sdsu, his sales pitch was to be the next hillman, kyle went to asu instead,

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Kathy Whitworth…LPGA golfer who I had the pleasure of meeting her back in the early 70s…gracious to everyone who approached her…she had more victories than Tiger Woods or Sam Snead…

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
That’s great to hear, an athlete or celebrity going out of their way to be nice to fans 😁.

Anyone stand out as being bitchy?

………..
Expect to see a Pele entry in this thread soon 😢

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Speaking of which. Maradona is a fraud. He won 1 World Coup because he cheated. It wasn't the hand of God. I was the hand of a Sloppy Sammy doppelganger.