2022 Hot Stove

Valuist

EOG Master
I am making a bet I've never done before. Betting an MLB game on the 3 way line for 5 innings with the draw at 8.3-1. Two starters in solid form in Darvish and Fried; overall game total is only 7, so runs figure to be at a premium. 8.3-1 seems too high, IMO, for possible outcomes of 0-0, 1-1, 2-2.

Heim

EOG Master
No way Maddon lasts the season either.

In fairness to him, pitching acquired is always fools gold, including Rendon signing.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
agree manager is not worth that much unless the players don't like him. Look at the phillies castellano playing RF. One of the worst RF in MLB IN 2022. Down year at the plate plus bottom few in defense in RF. I Blame the GM of the phillies. Giradi was not the problem. Castellano can only play DH harper must have been hurt to start the season cause they put him at DH real quick and harper better then castellano in field. The SS and 3rd baseman were bad most of the year in the field . Phillie pitching started slow but stronger now. Swarber hitting homers when in the game? whiffing again killing rallies.

MrTop

EOG Master
you need two ? the relief pitcher clay holmes of the yankees throws 82% ground balls

i think britton best all time

kane

EOG master
Their lineup needs an overhaul, they're playing games in October with guys like Josh Donaldson, Oswaldo Cabrera, Kyle Hashigawa, Oswald Peraza, Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Jose Trevino, and Matt Carpenter, their lineup is top heavy, there are several big time shortstops on the market this Winter, they need to grab one of them, they also need a third baseman and a healthy DJ Lamahieu

Heim

EOG Master
The Ohtani trade rumors are swirling like the Santa Ana winds....

Every beat writer is putting packages together they think will appease the Halos.

Naturally nothing will happen until the owner sells the team. Then the new crew will have to figure out if it's worth spending billions on a team then having to burden themselves with a huge contract for Ohtani after 2023.

IMO if you can get 2-3 top prospects and a front line pitcher...go for it. Halos will lose with or without him. And that arm will soon fizzle like the rest of the Jap contingent; Nomo, Tanaka, Ryu.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
IMO if you can get 2-3 top prospects and a front line pitcher...go for it.
They need more than that, just look at the haul the Nats got for Soto, I heard several analysts say it was the biggest prospect package ever traded for a single player, if the Ange;s move Ohtani they need a similar package or even a bigger one

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Please God, whatever happens, don't let Ohtani end up a Yankee, thank you

Yankees just gave up 6 or 7 of their top 20 prospects at this past years trade deadline. I don't know that they would give up Peraza or Volpe, and then have to sign him to a massive contract, on top of Judge's massive contract. Then again, it's Cashman, and the Yankees are desperate, as they haven't made a WS in 13 years.