2022 MLB

kane

EOG master
We're almost at the halfway point of the season, and the Orioles have more wins than the W Sox, who saw that coming

MrTop

EOG Master
I thought the white sox collapse was coming since they were a bad def team last year. same players same defense. However, i did not see Baltimore in the rear view mirror

the play of the astros SS pena is one of the reasons why astros still good. Pena better than correa at SS in 2022

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I thought the white sox collapse was coming since they were a bad def team last year. same players same defense. However, i did not see Baltimore in the rear view mirror

the play of the astros SS pena is one of the reasons why astros still good. Pena better than correa at SS in 2022
You follow sports? I never realized.

Heim

EOG Master
What happened to the feared White Sox bullpen? Last I checked given
up more runs than anyone in baseball.

Heim

EOG Master
I know Judge is having a good year, but how is Ohtani not the favorite for AL MVP?

It's a three horse race with the above and Trout. All are hovering around a fWAR of 4.0.

It's going to help Judge that the Yankees are going to be close to or surpass SEA 116
win mark.

Heim

EOG Master
So Angels have 2 legit MVP candidates & are 8 games below 500…. 🤦‍♂️

They get zero production from 4 positions and I'm including no-show Rendon.

Can't win with negative WAR numbers in 4 positions.

Middle relief a separate issue over the years as well.

There's going to be a big demand for Ohtani. He likes Anaheim, but you
never know.

MrTop

EOG Master
he is a no name for sure but +700 for alvarez

alvarez has judge beat in avg, slug, OBA

very close in homeruns and RBI with a lot less games played

Valuist

EOG Master
Ramirez got off to a great start but is nursing a minor injury and hasn't homered since June 10. If he's not hitting, the Indians/Baseball Club just can't score.

But when you are talking about an elite power hitter who is one of the better starting pitchers in the AL, you can't seriously take Judge or Alvarez.

MrTop

EOG Master
ohtani not many wins .It is early
ohtani .259 BA this has to be better

i am not betting it. Very close.

Heim

EOG Master
Shohei Ohtani's last 5 starts on the mound:

⚾️ 7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 6 Ks
⚾️ 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 6 Ks
⚾️ 8 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 13 Ks
⚾️ 5.2 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 11 Ks
⚾️ 7 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 10 Ks

His hitting is on course to be better than last (power).

Valuist has a point.

MrTop

EOG Master
otanhi won his 8th. and judge hit 30th could go down to the wire.

big revenge game arizona keuchel at home vs gomber of Colorado

just went at it last week. Not a fan of pitchers moving mid-season with keuchel

SD line should be -160 top corner Best play

Heim

EOG Master
MLB 2022:

NYY Stanton from May 24 to June 29 had 11 hits. Batted .134, 11 hits as follows:

1 single

2 doubles

8 home runs.

😂

MrTop

EOG Master
they could not pay judge the real money because they paid stanton . I never liked the deal for the yanks I do not know who the marlins got but i think they won the trade

Heim

EOG Master
On the subject of Ohtani. Very few B2B winners over the years. Cabrera the last in 2012-13.

Ohteni will almost have to surpass his last season numbers for the writers to pay attention...by a eye opening difference.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
they could not pay judge the real money because they paid stanton . I never liked the deal for the yanks I do not know who the marlins got but i think they won the trade

It's not who the Marlins got, it's the fact that they got rid of the 13 year, 325 million contract for a guy who won't play the OF because his vagina hurts.

Valuist

EOG Master

I think everything that could possibly go wrong for them in the first half has gone wrong. Lineup back at full strength, Lynn is back in rotation. I think this is a team that will really benefit from the AS break. I can see them going on a 20-4 run at some point to stroll past Minnesota and Cleveland.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think everything that could possibly go wrong for them in the first half has gone wrong. Lineup back at full strength, Lynn is back in rotation. I think this is a team that will really benefit from the AS break. I can see them going on a 20-4 run at some point to stroll past Minnesota and Cleveland.

i like cleveland in division

Valuist

EOG Master
Stroman is going tonight in first start off the IL. The Marquee Network showed his rehab start last Sunday, and I got to see it. It was anything but impressive, as the Columbus hitters were all over him. Maybe he wasn't going all out, but it looked like he needed one more rehab start. But with all their other injuries, I guess they figured have him rehab in MLB.

kane

EOG master
Sandy Alcantara has now gone 12 consecutive starts pitching 7 plus innings, it's the longest streak in MLB since 2014, his ERA in those 12 games is 1.24

Hopefully Snitker does the right thing and allows him to start the All Star game

Valuist

EOG Master
Sandy Alcantara has now gone 12 consecutive starts pitching 7 plus innings, it's the longest streak in MLB since 2014, his ERA in those 12 games is 1.24

Hopefully Snitker does the right thing and allows him to start the All Star game

Alcantara is the best pitcher in all of MLB right now.

Valuist

EOG Master
Have to jump on Red Sox/Yankees over 8 1/2 while the number is still available. Taillon and Pivetta faced off on July 10 but both got blown up. Pivetta had been having a real good year thru mid June but his last 3 starts game scores of 52, 36 and 14. Yankee hitters have historically destroyed him; 10 home runs in around 125 plate appearances. Taillon just in bad form with his last 4 starts all terrible. But I'm going full game not F5 as the normally strong Yankee pen on some fumes with numerous relievers having pitched in 3 of the last 4 days and normally dependable guys like Chapman and Holmes having blown saves. They should benefit from the upcoming break. In terms of player props, Donaldson and Stanton both with 3 HRs vs Pivetta and Rizzo and Carpenter with two each.

Valuist

EOG Master
Cease in the AL also.

Based on ERA and strikeouts, absolutely. But I think Cease will be better when he learns how to pitch. He's a thrower and has great stuff, but those insane strikeout numbers (and high walk numbers) pile up his pitch counts way too early. 18 starts and not even 100 innings. But the All Star game will always have deserving players left out as long as they make every team be represented, and when they pile on a number of relievers. If one is an AL reliever not named Holmes or Clase, they probably shouldn't be there. Gausman was mentioned earlier. Both he and Cease arguably have been better than Cortes, who was very good in April and May.

Cease and Jimenez for Quintana. That one didn't work out well for the Cubs.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
cease high walk rate big k rate
gausman 6-7 record. His other numbers ok
all star game loves seeing big win/loss records

otahni the favorite in MVP ...WHAT? Maybe they think he wins 20

JUDGE +150

kane

EOG master
cease high walk rate big k rate
gausman 6-7 record. His other numbers ok
all star game loves seeing big win/loss records

otahni the favorite in MVP ...WHAT? Maybe they think he wins 20

JUDGE +150
Dylan Cease last 9 starts
51 inn
33 hits
3 runs

He does walk too many, but he's a dominant pitcher, of all the pitchers who got snubbed, he was the most deserving imo

MrTop

EOG Master
cease is good but has to trim his walks. He could go to AS game there could be one or 2 who should not go.

kane

EOG master
Juan Soto said no to the Nats offer of 440 million, so now the question becomes does he end up a Yankee or a Dodger