2022 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
I think the Nats will dodge a bullet. Those 15 year deals end up being albatrosses.

Soto has basically limited himself to the Dodgers, Yankees or Mets.

Valuist

EOG Master
It's going to be interesting how the red hot teams like Seattle and Baltimore react coming out of the All Star break.

Seattle will start in a good spot; off today then start a series vs the Astros on Friday. The Astros, however, play a double header vs the Yankees today.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think the cards could use an outfielder. Problem is soto not a great outfielder. The cards need pitching. The cards non pitcher team is 2nd in baseball with a WAA 8.9..yankees first with 12.4

cards are 19th in WAA pitchers.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Is there a better hitter in baseball than Freddie Freeman right now? The numbers are staggering last few weeks.

6 multi hit games L8.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's a variation of the dead pool. The DFA pool. What veteran player will be next to be DFA'd?

A poor outing today by Michael Pineda and he should be DFA'd.

Valuist

EOG Master
Is there a better hitter in baseball than Freddie Freeman right now? The numbers are staggering last few weeks.

6 multi hit games L8.

And he was only -130 head to head vs Longoria in total bases last night. Should've been at least -175.

White Sox today with no Anderson, Jimenez or Robert for game 1. And McKenzie hasn't allowed a run in his L3 starts.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Robby Cano was let go by the Mets, then the Padres, the Braves picked him up, not sure how much he has left in his tank

And Dallas Keuchel was let go by the White Sox, Arizona picked him up, and has subsequently been DFA'd.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Robby Cano was let go by the Mets, then the Padres, the Braves picked him up, not sure how much he has left in his tank

According to analytics, Robinson Cano is the slowest player in MLB, not counting catchers, first basemen and designated hitters.

MrTop

EOG Master
judge is now -140 for AL - MVP - fan duel

2 weeks ago judge was +150 at fan duel

ohtani now 9-6 . Not even the best hitter on LAA

judge 39 hrs, 83 rbi

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
According to analytics, Robinson Cano is the slowest player in MLB, not counting catchers, first basemen and designated hitters.
Excluding catchers makes sense; all the squatting takes its toll on the legs. But why exclude 1B and DHs? Players are usually DHs due to defensive deficiencies, but that shouldn’t impact their ability to run.

Valuist

EOG Master
These City Connect jerseys are dreadful. I thought the Red Sox had the worst, until I put on the Padres game tonight. WTF are they going to a pride parade? Hideous looking.

Valuist

EOG Master
Blackburn of Oakland got off to a real nice start this year. That has all ended. Check out his numbers for his last 6 starts:

1659182869931.png

And how about that Milwaukee bullpen? Dead last in reliever WAR over the L30 days..

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Blackburn of Oakland got off to a real nice start this year. That has all ended. Check out his numbers for his last 6 starts:

View attachment 7466285

And how about that Milwaukee bullpen? Dead last in reliever WAR over the L30 days..
The White Sox BP has been bad also. Kicking myself for not fading them more. They are pretty unplayable unless Cease is pitching.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
These City Connect jerseys are dreadful. I thought the Red Sox had the worst, until I put on the Padres game tonight. WTF are they going to a pride parade? Hideous looking.
The only good ones are both Chicago teams, maybe Houston.