2022 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
Is the jig up for Gonsolin? Had a tremendous first half, but the last 2 starts haven't been good and some of the peripheral stats suggest he's been quite fortunate. We will see today; he doesn't have a good pitch mix for Coors as he throws under 50% fastballs and relies heavy on sliders, split fingers and curveballs.

1659279686429.png

I can excuse a subpar performance today. We will see going forward.

Heim

EOG Master
Tuesday, trade deadline, should be interesting. I expect some arms to be moved to contenders, like OAK Montas, and no movement on any pitch, Halo Syndergaard

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
In three days from today
On Thursday August 4
The first place New York Mets host the second place defending WS Champion Atlanta Braves
For FIVE games
Should be v interesting

Valuist

EOG Master
Do the Brewers know something about Hader? The guy was completely unhittable, then a few weeks ago, he gives up 3 home runs in one game to the Giants. Have to wonder if there's physical issues the Brewers are aware of. This guy was so dominant for several years.

kane

EOG master
Soto, Bell, Machado, and pretty soon Tatis returns, I feel a lot better about my Padres WS 15/1 future today than I did yesterday

MrTop

EOG Master
Soto, Bell, Machado, and pretty soon Tatis returns, I feel a lot better about my Padres WS 15/1 future today than I did yesterday

i sure hope they don't play tatis at short. Runs saved was poor. Belongs in the OF. Padres a live play for WS

Heim

EOG Master
Can you bet the Orioles going forward? The team is in dismay with the Mancini deal, then they trade their only AS Lopez.

Mancini was hugely popular in the clubhouse.

O's 2.5 games out of WC, GM throws in the towel. Nuts.

Heim

EOG Master
Phillies gave up a top prospect for Syndergaard!?

Hard to believe the Halos did the fleecing this time.

Heim

EOG Master
The WS odds on Padres went from 22/1 to 10/1.

That's a pretty decent move for one player.

MrTop

EOG Master
Whit Merrifield is a interesting acquisition for Toronto also.

i think he got old quick ( 33 ) or something wrong for sure. His fielding went bad this year so did his hitting. Maybe a new town would turn it around. He was a very good fielder / hitter before this year.

Valuist

EOG Master
So Toronto trades for Merrifield, who isn't vaxxinated. And sounds like he has no plans to get jabbed. Nice due diligence, Toronto.

Valuist

EOG Master
I think team total overs for Cubs opponents will be a good short term play. They were expected to trade two key offensive players, which they didn't, but instead they jettisoned four relievers. Their starters aren't 7 inning guys.

Valuist

EOG Master
A little. They swapped closers. Rogers is not chopped liver.

Maybe not, but Hader was the most dominant reliever in years. I have to think there's a physical issue that the Brewers knew about.

Interesting they immediatedly DFA'd Linet.

kane

EOG master
So Toronto trades for Merrifield, who isn't vaxxinated. And sounds like he has no plans to get jabbed. Nice due diligence, Toronto.
If he doesn't get vaccinated, that means he can't play home games, and he also won't get paid for missing those games, I don't know how much he makes, but he stands to lose a lot of money. Also, the Jays knew he wasn't vaxxed, why the fuck would you trade for an unvaxxed player without first talking to him and finding out if he's willing to get the vax, if he doesn't, the Jays look awfully dumb

kane

EOG master
Maybe not, but Hader was the most dominant reliever in years. I have to think there's a physical issue that the Brewers knew about.

Interesting they immediatedly DFA'd Linet.
Whenever a player gets traded and it makes you scratch your head, I always assume the team moving the player knows something the rest of us don't, and Devin Williams should be more than capable of filling the closer's role

Valuist

EOG Master
If he doesn't get vaccinated, that means he can't play home games, and he also won't get paid for missing those games, I don't know how much he makes, but he stands to lose a lot of money. Also, the Jays knew he wasn't vaxxed, why the fuck would you trade for an unvaxxed player without first talking to him and finding out if he's willing to get the vax, if he doesn't, the Jays look awfully dumb
It really is perplexing. I'm guessing Merrifield is a 2 month rental, so they aren't tied to him for too long. But like you said, he may end up playing zero games in Toronto. A definite gamble on their part.

As for Hader, I was shocked. I've heard the case made that Hader might've been the most valuable player to his team (outside of Ohtani) in MLB in recent years. The guy was just untouchable. Then the blowup a few weeks ago where the Giants touch him for 3 HRs in a game.

The pressure is squarely on San DIego now.