2022 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
Goldschmidt with 2 HRs and 5 RBIs today is edging closer to a Triple Crown. He was already leading in BA, but now has taken the lead In RBI’s and has moved to within 1 HR of Schwarber.

Valuist

EOG Master
Going into the deadline, the Padres were eyeing a deal with the Cubs that would've sent them Willson Contreras, Ian Happ and David Robertson,. The Soto trade changed everything, and they ended up acquiring Soto, Josh Bell, Hader and Brandon Drury in three deals. Here's the WAR from August so far:

Happ 0.8
Contreras 0.4
Robertson 0.3
total: 1.5

Soto 1.0
Bell -0.3
Hader -1.1
Drury -0.4
total: -0.8

Heim

EOG Master
If Roberts keeps Kimbrel as closer after tonight he's lost it. Phillips or Martin are better. He can't see that??

Better stuff with control.

Kimbrel reminds me of former Orioles closer Dan Stanhouse who Weaver coined 'Full Pack'. Because you smoke a full pack when he's in. 😅

Valuist

EOG Master
If Roberts keeps Kimbrel as closer after tonight he's lost it. Phillips or Martin are better. He can't see that??

Better stuff with control.

Kimbrel reminds me of former Orioles closer Dan Stanhouse who Weaver coined 'Full Pack'. Because you smoke a full pack when he's in. 😅
I preferred his other nickname: “Stan the Man Unusual”.

Heim

EOG Master
There's been 5 at 250+ that have won this year after last nights Colorado stunner. A record.

Valuist

EOG Master
Baltimore has 2 of the top position player prospects now in Rutschmann and Henderson. Henderson with a HR in his first game, homering off a McKenzie slider.

kane

EOG master
Ohtani is the best player in the league, doesn't mean he'll win the MVP, but he truly is a Unicorn, we've never seen anything like him, and probably will never again see a player like him

Valuist

EOG Master
I think the two starters for Arizona, Gallen and Kelly, are still a bit under the radar. They've been razor sharp.

Valuist

EOG Master
Kimbrel just passed Eckersley in saves, a HOFer.

But Kimbrel as a HOFer? Yuk!
Big difference. Eckersley had a long run as a starter before he became a dominant closer. Eckersley had 197 wins. Kimbrel is NOT a Hall of Famer.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
judge hits 52

yankees lose again LOL Tampa 3 out in the loss column

july 8th the yankees were up +15.5 games

Hicks- .217- only 3 more years of him riding the bench. Think Jacoby Ellsbury
Donaldson- .218- only 1 more year at 20 million. Cashman took his contract backc
Stanton- .219- only 5 more years at 20-30 million of his vagina not wanting to play the OF.

They gave up 6 of their top 20 prospects to acquire 4 players at the deadline

They should have put a nice package together and got Soto. 3 years at a half price discount.

Then let the Dodgers or Padres pay him 500 million when he becomes a FA.

Cashman 400 million in luxury tax payments and they haven't sniffed a WS in 15 years.

Go Yankees

MrTop

EOG Master
bundy of twins has won 3 bets vs W.Sox this year
white sox looking for a sweep
twins fly to NYY for a 4 game set starting monday

Seattle kirby going against quantril. Cleveland quantril has won 10 bets in a row
kirby has won 4 of 5 bets

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
bundy of twins has won 3 bets vs W.Sox this year
white sox looking for a sweep
twins fly to NYY for a 4 game set starting monday

Seattle kirby going against quantril. Cleveland quantril has won 10 bets in a row
kirby has won 4 of 5 bets
If they play. I’m about 20 miles from Progressive Field and it’s raining and expected to rain into the afternoon.

As for Bundy, he's on a streak where he hasn't lasted more than 5 1/3 innings (16 outs recorded) for his last 11 starts. Outs recorded is a prop I love to bet; and with this White Sox team seeing him for the 4th time this year, I don't expect him to go past 5 1/3 today.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
The Mariners/Cleveland game had a 4 1/2 hour rain delay. Normally it would've been a rainout, but with the Mariners only coming to Cleveland once and both teams in contention, it made sense to wait it out. But tough travel for the Mariners; they didn't leave Hopkins Int'l until 12:33 am EDT and according to Flightaware, the plane didn't land at Boeing Field until 2:11 am Pacific time. Obviously the White Sox had a long flight to Seattle as well, but their game ended much earlier in the day.

Valuist

EOG Master
Manfred just keeps digging a deeper hole. The invisible/ghost runner rule instituted this year is arguably the worst rule in pro sports. Now they want to ban the shift. How this will be enforced is anyone's guess; players can just run toward the shift adjusted position when the pitcher starts their delivery. The Joey Gallos of the world still won't be able to hit.

MrTop

EOG Master
Major League Baseball will have a pitch clock and ban defensive shifts starting next year, part of sweeping changes aimed at energizing the sport known as America’s pastime.

Valuist

EOG Master
My post season award predictions:

NL MVP: Goldschmidt
NL Cy Young: Alcantara over Gallen
NL Rookie of the Year: Strider over Harris
AL MVP: Ohtani over Judge. Or give the MVP to Judge and Cy Young to Ohtani
AL Cy Young: Verlander over Cease; unless Judge wins MVP. Then its Ohtani
AL Rookie of the Year: Julio Rodriguez

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Major League Baseball will have a pitch clock and ban defensive shifts starting next year, part of sweeping changes aimed at energizing the sport known as America’s pastime.

Theo Epstein led the charge to take advantage of the MLB's Information Age and now he's in the Commissioner's Office looking to undo a lot of his work and strategy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I will live with the ban on infield shifts because I love baseball.

However, I dislike the strict regulation.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like the Cubs are shifting a lot less this month.

Manager David Ross wants his players to get a jump on the 2023 rules?