2023 Deaths (Pool)......

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
ron jeremy is on borrowed time.

He is Brain Dead, as is

KILLER KYLE Rittenhouse turned 20 on January 3. I put the odds at 0% he lives to 25. One day he is gonna fuck with the wrong person and be on the receiving end of the same kind of justice he showed. Hopefully that person get the same verdict as KILLER KYLE!

MrTop

EOG Master
Bando won three consecutive world championships as captain of the A's from 1972 to 1974, leading the American League in extra-base hits (64), doubles (32) and total bases (295) during the 1973 season, when he hit .287 while playing in all 162 games.

yep...i think the last team was the a's to win 3 in a row too

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
the Yankees won 3 in a row in 1998 to 2000 and then lost to the d backs in 2001 in game 7.
As I recall that was a very good result for JK .

MrTop

EOG Master
the Yankees won 3 in a row in 1998 to 2000 and then lost to the d backs in 2001 in game 7.

good pick up.. i thought it was 2 then miss then 2 more. I am getting too old lol

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Last inning Brossius had an easy double play on Jay Bells bunt, but never threw the ball to first.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Last inning Brossius had an easy double play on Jay Bells bunt, but never threw the ball to first.

Indeed.

Mark Grace started the ninth-inning rally with a line-drive single up the middle off Mariano Rivera.

Grace doesn't get enough credit for the leadoff single.

And then Rivera, a sure-handed fielder with cat-like moves, made an uncharacteristic throwing error on a bunted ball by Damian Miller, setting up the Jay Bell at-bat referenced by JAMMER.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
It really was quite a World Series with the fresh emotions of 911 overstaging everything and of course Byung-Hyun Kim giving up two dramatic walk off home runs to get the 2001 Series to game 7 .

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
White Sox pitcher Gary Peters. Won 19 games and AL rookie of the year in 1963. Was a very good hitter.
He hit a grand slam against the Yankees in 1968. That is what i remember him for. Winning battles against the Yankees back then didn't happen much.

Heim

EOG Master
Charles White died last week. Impressive college back. Met him at the Westgate 8 years ago. He was there signing jerseys and other memorabilia. He talked to me and the wife for a little bit. I got a signed SC jersey for $100.

He was only 64.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
For anyone who watched ESPN Sunday you may have seen them pay homage to: Barry Sacks

I know no one here knows who he is. He worked for ESPN for 33 years: 1982-2015. A LOT of the live coverage and studio shows you saw and still see on ESPN are ones he helped get started. I got a text from a mutual friend saying Barry had a massive heart attack on Friday. Saturday the text said he was not doing well. Sunday morning I got the text I knew was coming but dreaded......................
Barry was in our Fantasy Football league and won it a few years ago. As genuine a guy as there has ever been. When I went thru all I did 4 years ago he text me every few weeks to see how I was doing. ALL OF US who dealt with him and walking around like zombies these past few days knowing he is gone.

Barry Sacks died at age 63.

Here is Suzy Kolber during their NFL coverage:
Seth Greenberg chimed in:
Saturday morning on College Gameday - and Rece NAILED his Barry imitation:
Robin Roberts this morning: https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...ard-bragman-espn-producer-barry-sack-97076161