2023 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
Over/Under on when Jose Abreu hits his first HR of 2023? 17 games last year and 41 this year so that's 58 games since Sept 13, when he last homered.

Valuist

EOG Master
His brother looks like a player for the Cubs A team in Florida.

There is one question to be asked of the Cubs; why did Morel start the 2023 season in Iowa? We've seen the power. Versatility? He can pretty much play everything but pitcher and catcher. I guess Hosmer was needed more (inset eye rolling emogie).

Valuist

EOG Master
Last night's 20-1 drubbing by Toronto of Tampa shows the flaw of the Pythagereon win/loss stat. I think individual run differential should be limited in a specific game. Maybe 10. Position players gave up several HRs late in that game.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
There is one question to be asked of the Cubs; why did Morel start the 2023 season in Iowa? We've seen the power. Versatility? He can pretty much play everything but pitcher and catcher. I guess Hosmer was needed more (inset eye rolling emogie).
Ross liked Hosmer. The flaw with Morel is his D.

Valuist

EOG Master
Cubs looking like a 90-95 loss team. It's no certainty Pittsburgh falls back to the cellar, and the Reds have a number of good prospects in their system.

The Mets? It ain't happening this year. They miss Diaz.

kane

EOG master
the Reds have a number of good prospects in their system.
They recently called up Matt McClain, and there's a rumor that Elly De La Cruz is soon the be called up as well, don't know if you're familiar with him, but being a Cubs fan you'll be seeing a lot of him eventually, the other day a scout was talking about him and said he'll change the course of the Reds franchise, the kid has dominated the minors, I'm anxious to see him play

Valuist

EOG Master
They recently called up Matt McClain, and there's a rumor that Elly De La Cruz is soon the be called up as well, don't know if you're familiar with him, but being a Cubs fan you'll be seeing a lot of him eventually, the other day a scout was talking about him and said he'll change the course of the Reds franchise, the kid has dominated the minors, I'm anxious to see him play
I'm familiar with him. I heard that he hit 3 balls in one game over 115 mph exit velo, which even Judge hasn't done in one game. While I believe exit velo is way overused, and avg exit velo is overrated, max exit velo is a good measure of power.

BTW, am I the only one who hates the pitch being called a "sweeper"? No new pitch was invented. Maybe the pitch Ohtani struck Trout out with in the WBC. But nobody else is doing that.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Cubs looking like a 90-95 loss team. It's no certainty Pittsburgh falls back to the cellar, and the Reds have a number of good prospects in their system.

The Mets? It ain't happening this year. They miss Diaz.
Justin Steele has his elbow looked at tomorrow, they are staring at 90 losses.

Heim

EOG Master
Jose Abreu currently has a league-worst -1.0 FWAR.

Geez, he's still in the American League.

Heim

EOG Master

McClain has been up two weeks and already has won player of the week in NL.

Valuist

EOG Master
De La Cruz to make his MLB debut tonight for the Reds. The Reds look like they could cause problems for other NL Central teams going forward.

kane

EOG master
De La Cruz to make his MLB debut tonight for the Reds. The Reds look like they could cause problems for other NL Central teams going forward.
Starting at third and batting cleanup, as a Reds fan I haven't had much to root for, but they have some really good young talent, guys like Jonathan India, Matt McClain, Spencer Steer, Elly, and they also have a kid in the minors who will eventually get called up named Encarnacion-Strand, between them along with Nick Lodolo and Hunter Greene, there's a chance the Reds could be good, it might take a year or two, but at least there's reason for me to have hope

Valuist

EOG Master
Starting at third and batting cleanup, as a Reds fan I haven't had much to root for, but they have some really good young talent, guys like Jonathan India, Matt McClain, Spencer Steer, Elly, and they also have a kid in the minors who will eventually get called up named Encarnacion-Strand, between them along with Nick Lodolo and Hunter Greene, there's a chance the Reds could be good, it might take a year or two, but at least there's reason for me to have hope

2 ABs, falls behind 1-2 then works a walk, then a 112 mph double on a high fastball. But most impressive of all? He can run like hell.

Tools? Fastest throwing arm on infield in all of MLB. Fastest exit velocities batting, and fastest running from 1st to 3rd in all of baseball.

I've got a 19/1 ticket on Luis Arraez to lead MLB in hits. Right now he's sitting 2nd behind Bichette. I like his chances to overtake Bichette in hits.

kane

EOG master
2 ABs, falls behind 1-2 then works a walk, then a 112 mph double on a high fastball. But most impressive of all? He can run like hell.

Tools? Fastest throwing arm on infield in all of MLB. Fastest exit velocities batting, and fastest running from 1st to 3rd in all of baseball.

I've got a 19/1 ticket on Luis Arraez to lead MLB in hits. Right now he's sitting 2nd behind Bichette. I like his chances to overtake Bichette in hits.
Tom Verducci said he was timed in the minors at a speed that would make him the fastest player in baseball, he's got a rocket for an arm, and hits the ball as hard as Judge, and he's 20 years old

Heim

EOG Master
I like what I've seen from Halo recent call up Ben Joyce. The fireballer from Tennessee. His first pitch in the majors clocked at 102. He had Altuve shaking his head after a 'K' on 3 pitches, all 100+ the other day.. I'm surprised he lasted until the 3rd round in 2022 draft

Valuist

EOG Master
Their pitching

De La Cruz, Benson, McClain. Bad chemistry in St. Louis this year. Milwaukee not enough offense. The Cubs haven't been able to hit the past month. And the Pirates, who've been very improved, just lost 2 at home to Oakland.

Great American Small Park will distort the Reds' pitchers numbers.

Valuist

EOG Master
De La Cruz after yesterday's game re ROY odds....

20----->8------>+350

The only deterrant is if he misses any time, it will suppress his counting numbers. Let's say he were to end up with only 200 ABs, it would be hard to give him the award. Carroll has a pretty good head start at 11 HRs, 18 steals. 43 runs and a .300/.541/.928 slash line.

Even his teammate McClain has a 20 game head start with a .348/.522/.922 slash line.

Valuist

EOG Master
Curious to see how 275 lb Lance Lynn performs in the smog and smoke of NYC today. In the first inning, he already issued 2 walks.