30 Horses in 30 days

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Re: 30 Horses in 30 days

Belmont Sunday May 29

Race 8 #8 Holy Blitzer (8-1 ML) *TURF ONLY*

If 88 didn't win yesterday, maybe today :)
Last time we saw this 4 yr old girl she was 3. Back at her preferred distance today. Im using #5 in my exotics, has good late speed and if race was longer might have
selected her.

For this pick, $2 Win Race 8 #8 Holy Blitzer *TURF ONLY*

Good Luck

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Belmont Sunday May 29

Race 8 #8 Holy Blitzer (8-1 ML) *TURF ONLY*

If 88 didn't win yesterday, maybe today :)
Last time we saw this 4 yr old girl she was 3. Back at her preferred distance today. Im using #5 in my exotics, has good late speed and if race was longer might have
selected her.

For this pick, $2 Win Race 8 #8 Holy Blitzer *TURF ONLY*

Good Luck

Thanks RAY...............on it!

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Should be about 4:45.Played #8 with1-3-6-9-10.Could afford to take a chance and go pretty deep here in the exactas.GL men

Ray Luca

EOG Master

1 for 6 -$8.60

Belmont Monday May 30

Race 4 #6 Gudahi (6-1 ML) *TURF ONLY*

Two firsters in here are unknown pace wise but no speed in this race. This guy should be on the lead or stalking whoever leaves inside of him and then pounce approaching the half and have his pic taken...

I'll be away till Wed but will post an alternative selection in case this one is scratched. We will grade this one only as long as he goes

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

The 8 was terrible.Nice fractions on the front end setting it up for the closers,not even a call with lots of closers coming.:shoot:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

The 8 was terrible.Nice fractions on the front end setting it up for the closers,not even a call with lots of closers coming.:shoot:

Terrible. No speed, nothing. Almost selected the #5 here thats why I mentioned her. She just missed

Ray Luca

EOG Master

1 for 6 -$8.60

Belmont Monday May 30

Race 4 #6 Gudahi (6-1 ML) *TURF ONLY*

Two firsters in here are unknown pace wise but no speed in this race. This guy should be on the lead or stalking whoever leaves inside of him and then pounce approaching the half and have his pic taken...

I'll be away till Wed but will post an alternative selection in case this one is scratched. We will grade this one only as long as he goes

Not around after scratches today so here's the alternative pick. Not graded unless top pick is scratched...

Belmont Race 7 #7 Gentle Ride (8-1 ML) *TURF ONLY*

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

GL Ray .....goin with #6 Yawanna Twist in Met mile.Should be a good price & this is a solid animal.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks Ray.

The "Make A Wish" kids need a longshot winner.

I'll be watching and wagering.

Bowl Breath

EOG Senior Member

another two horses that don't even hit the card..... I would like to Make A Wish...... get Bruskie back for a 30 in 30 days..... this guy is getting killed!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

It's Buskie, not Bruskie.

We need to treat the man with respect if we expect him to return.

Bowl Breath

EOG Senior Member

Don't recall anyone not giving him props/respect in his 30 for 30 days in his ongoing thread Mr. Kelly which is saying something. New month coming tommorrow maybe we get lucky again. BTW very well done with the Houston over as well as Grand Salami over.... very well done..... two easy winners.... thank you Mr. Kelly!!!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Don't recall anyone not giving him props/respect in his 30 for 30 days in his ongoing thread Mr. Kelly which is saying something. New month coming tommorrow maybe we get lucky again. BTW very well done with the Houston over as well as Grand Salami over.... very well done..... two easy winners.... thank you Mr. Kelly!!!

Thanks BB.

You're right, we were well-behaved as a community when Buskie went on his monthlong run of selections.

The goofballs and knuckleheads stay quiet when a 'capper wins 20+ units over 30 days.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Sorry bad breath, I'll try to have a better week

After one week......1 for 7 -$10.60

We'll try JK home track for tomorrow (Arlington)

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Day 8 -$10.60

Wednesday June 1

Arlington Park Race 5 *TURF ONLY*

#2 Harrison County (10-1 ML)

I like this guys last race, #6 Gunman might be tough chalk but think its these two to the hoop. $2 Win #2 Harrison County

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

My son tells me Arlington is a great place. He likes it more than Belmont. Good luck.

Bowl Breath

EOG Senior Member

0-4 tailing so far.... unfortuneately eog was on lock down on 2 of the days plays.... will give you one more shot 15 across.... hopefully it at least hits the board.

Nipsyhustle

EOG Enthusiast

Hey Ray, thanks for the effort and selections. Could you clarify, are you playing #6 Gunman to win & #2 Harrison County to win and place?

Nipsy

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

Anyone still playing? I'm playing Del Race 9 #4 Paris Vegas to WP, currently 8-1 with 21 MTP. Also playing DD 4/ALL.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

0-4 tailing so far.... unfortuneately eog was on lock down on 2 of the days plays.... will give you one more shot 15 across.... hopefully it at least hits the board.

Finished 3rd at 13.30-1

even tho you bet $45 and collected $48 today, I would suggest you play 20WP instead on anything over 8-1, and win only on anything under 8-1

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Hey Ray, thanks for the effort and selections. Could you clarify, are you playing #6 Gunman to win & #2 Harrison County to win and place?

Nipsy

Sorry was not around but JK is correct. I posted #2 as the pick, as for what I personally played was EBX 2 with 3,4,6 and #2 to Win

Ray Luca

EOG Master

RECAP TO DATE

May 25 Bel 4th #3 Bustin Rocks ...WINNER $3.40 ... 0.70-1
........... Bel 6th #6 Caneros .......6th ... 13.40-1

May 26 Bel 5th #8 Master Splash.... 6th .......... 4.50-1

May 27 Bel 2nd #5 Margo Verge......5th .......... 3.05-1

May 28 Bel 8th #8 Untamed Glory ...2nd ........ 11.30-1

May 29 Bel 8th #8 Holy Blitzer ........7th .......... 8.10-1

May 30 Bel 4th #6 Gudahi ... 4th .......... 8.30-1

May 31 NOTHING

June 1 Arl 5th #2 Harrison County 3rd ..........13.30-1

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Sorry was not around but JK is correct. I posted #2 as the pick, as for what I personally played was EBX 2 with 3,4,6 and #2 to Win

#2 Harrison County (10-1 ML)

I like this guys last race, #6 Gunman might be tough chalk but think its these two to the hoop. $2 Win #2 Harrison County

You should never have lost money on this race. A full key of the 2 horses cost $42 for every $1 and returns $136. Covering the equity with the 3,5,8 (basically all about the 2nd choice) cost an extra $12 but you get another $136 for every $1. I'm probably covering myself a bit more with the 6 keyed a little heavier on top of the #2 in these bets if I'm holding a #2 WP wager. And of course that depends on strength of opinion.

Maybe you changed your mind when you got to the track, but not sure why the 3 and 4 had equal equity in exotic bets as the 6. It's not the way it sounded like you handicapped the race.

It's impossible to wager every day and have to be perfect and win. You were right about the race. The #2 outran his odds and the #6 was a deserving favorite. You have to find ways to make money when you're right with your handicapping, nobody's going to be good enough to have to be perfect and survive.

(I'm not sure how much you wager and if this is even something you care about. I've seen some of the other mention how much they are playing on some of the horses and the money can be better structured)

Just trying to help.....and GL with the rest of the picks I've been following along.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

You should never have lost money on this race. A full key of the 2 horses cost $42 for every $1 and returns $136. Covering the equity with the 3,5,8 (basically all about the 2nd choice) cost an extra $12 but you get another $136 for every $1. I'm probably covering myself a bit more with the 6 keyed a little heavier on top of the #2 in these bets if I'm holding a #2 WP wager. And of course that depends on strength of opinion.

Maybe you changed your mind when you got to the track, but not sure why the 3 and 4 had equal equity in exotic bets as the 6. It's not the way it sounded like you handicapped the race.

It's impossible to wager every day and have to be perfect and win. You were right about the race. The #2 outran his odds and the #6 was a deserving favorite. You have to find ways to make money when you're right with your handicapping, nobody's going to be good enough to have to be perfect and survive.

(I'm not sure how much you wager and if this is even something you care about. I've seen some of the other mention how much they are playing on some of the horses and the money can be better structured)

Just trying to help.....and GL with the rest of the picks I've been following along.

Hey 2W2P2S,

I appreciate the comments as you are one of the sharpest posters imo. Bet structure is everything. I've seen great cappers constantly lose and I've seen guys who don't understand the game win due to great bets and money management. The first bet I made is to Win. I preach 8-1 but in reality its 12-1 or above for me. I keyed the 2 back n forth with 3,4,6 in ex for 6 bets.
And I bet a 2-6 EBX a bit more. Just not following as the 8 won and had no 8's and my guy finished 3rd...?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Hey 2W2P2S,

I appreciate the comments as you are one of the sharpest posters imo. Bet structure is everything. I've seen great cappers constantly lose and I've seen guys who don't understand the game win due to great bets and money management. The first bet I made is to Win. I preach 8-1 but in reality its 12-1 or above for me. I keyed the 2 back n forth with 3,4,6 in ex for 6 bets.
And I bet a 2-6 EBX a bit more. Just not following as the 8 won and had no 8's and my guy finished 3rd...?

You're capping led you to the opinion:
1) I have a longshot horse that is going to out run his odds #2
2) I have a solid favorite that's going to hit the board #6

A full key of:
2,6 w/ 2,6 w/ all
2,6 w/ all w/ 2,6
all w/ 2,6 w/ 2,6

Cost $42 for every $1 in that race- returned $136
Now, if any shot hits in the all space, the ticket is going to blow up, to me that's worth covering the 3,5,8 who were between 4/1-5/1 fighting for 2nd favortism. So now you also have:

2,6 w/ 2,6 w/ 3,5,8
2,6 w/ 3,5,8 w/ 2,6
3,5,8 w/ 2,6 w/ 2,6

That cost $18 for every $1 and it returned another $136.......if any other horse but those 3 come in those legs with your 2,6 key, great chance it's going to pay more than the $200 and some quite a bit more so I'll use them unless I really have a dislike for one of those horses.

Now in any situation, if the #2 finishes ahead of the #6, you're going to get paid great, especially cause you have WP. So just to inexpensively cover a bit more, I'll have my keys with a single 6 over the single 2. Ex. 6 w/ 2 w/ all, 6 w/ all w/ 2, all w/ 6 w/ 2

That's the way I look to wager in a situation like you handicapped. A tough favorite with a live longshot. Again, it's making money when you're right. If you're perfect, well then obviously you cash big with 2,6 exa's and 2 WP bets along with everything else.

One more thing, someone bet $15 WPS on the #2 based on your capping, and others talked about how to play what with the #6 also.

$15 WPS ($45) on the #2 returns @ $48
Much better with what you capped:
$15 WP #2
$1 tri 6 w/ all w/ 2
$1 tri All w/ 6 w/ 2
Using the #2 in the show spot here and investing $1 less ($44) returns $136.

Just some stuff to think about.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Oh I gotcha. I do have a much different style mainly keying a horse for 1st and 2nd only at long odds with other contenders without the all button unless of course its 30-1+.... I try to limit the total number of bets. But always good stuff to talk about whether a pro or a casual player.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll post a Belmont pick tomorrow after scratches at around 12:30pm

Ray Luca

EOG Master

And I might add I punch exactas and love the pick 4's. I focus on Tri's when I feel the fav is weak and leave him out of the number completely. Some great scores taken down like that. I'm also known to punch some 4 horse tri boxes (24 bets) of which 2 or more are double digit odds....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I love the way 2W2P2S talks about the importance of bet-structuring.

You can tell he knows his stuff.

I wouldn't pay $2,500 for a three-day seminar, but I would think about a couple of weekend lessons costing $250.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Belmont Thursday June 2

Not a good card....Lets try the feature

Belmont 8th Race #1 Alfarabi (5/2 ML) Will not be the favorite. Tough choice cause its an automatic play for me but I think #3 Xodo will run well from off the pace at big price.

I will go with #1 Alfarabi to Win here today.....