$391.00 to see 1 Hockey Game..

ATSDatabase

EOG Enthusiast
I was looking at going to a few hockey games this season and when I go to a hockey game, I like to sit around the 200 level, which is middle of the stadium and not in the "high rollers" section. Anyway, 200 level is so-so and when I went to buy 2 tickets to see the Montreal Canadians, the total cost of less then 3 hrs of entertainment was $391.00.

I nearly crap my pants! I sat there looking at the screen and was trying to talk myself into buying these tickets and then find a way to tell my wife I spent nearly $400 on 2 tickets for mediocre seats. I sat there and just couldn't pull the trigger and it's not that I can't afford going to a game, I just couldn't convince myself that $391.00 to see a hockey game was something I could do as a modest person who understands the value of a dollar.

Now, this doesn't include $20 bucks for parking, $7.00 hot dog and maybe a $5.00 drink and a $10.00 program to see the lineups. Supper before the game and were looking at a $500 evening for 1 fargun hockey game!

Hockey took one year off and this is suppose to make us come back to the games? I'm probably one of the biggest die hard hockey fans in Canada when it comes to hockey, I make a living watching and betting hockey, but I can't see how a morgage payment on 1 game is going to make me feel good.

Please, someone help me understand how the average person can afford or even explain to their friends and family that they bought tickets to a hockey game? Please, help me understand how a person can buy 2 tickets for $391.00 for less then 3 hrs of entertainment.

My wife said it best, actors make 10 times more then hockey players and they only charge you $15.00 for a movie, how can you justify $391.00 to a 3 hrs hockey game? A movie can be considered the same entertainement value of a hockey game, but they don't gouge the crap out of you like they do for a hockey game.

In a perfect world, I woulnd't mind paying $50 to go see a hockey game, but to pay $391.00 to see a game just makes me furious. How in the hell can a teenager or a family of 4 go watch a game? And don't give me this family fun zone crap and sit with the roofers either.

I think they should sit out another year until hockey is just a pick up game where guys go to work and then play some pick up at night like they did in the good old days! This is just ridiculous.

I bet you it's even worst if you live in Toronto, they must pay about $600 to go see a game.

This makes me sick to my stomach that they think the public can just over look this and say, oh well, they love hockey, so they'll pay.

Well, looks like I'll just watch my Sens this year from the old Lazy Boy for another year, because I just can't find one good reason to shell out $400 bucks to see 1 game from the mid levels.

Sorry for the rant, but this just makes me furious that they try to take a morgage payment for 1 game.

Next...

Ron

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
Habs will sell out most games. They should be charging a mortage payment, only makes good business sense.

Stickie said:
Habs will sell out most games. They should be charging a mortage payment, only makes good business sense.

I respectfully disagree here .... This is no way to bring back an already dissolutioned fan base ... the attendance figures will be interesting.

HabsGR

EOG Member
Habs will definatly sell out most games and they have the largest building in the league.

As for the tickets you are talking about, I think you got the ones in the Club section (most expensive, but not best) Their about $180 each and come with Free concesion food.

The reds, best tickets, are about 125 a piece.

HabsGR

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
MN wild have some $10 standing room seats, nice standing room view actually and you can walk around the entire arena with them.

dryflyheaven

EOG Enthusiast
"I'm probably one of the biggest die hard hockey fans in Canada when it comes to hockey, I make a living watching and betting hockey...."

"...a $10.00 program to see the lineups."

LoL. Any serious hockey fan would know the lineups for both teams.

I'm with you on the crazy prices though. What can you do? If they can fill the rink with those ticket prices, which they can in Toronto and Montreal, I'm fine watching the games on TV.

Try a road trip to Buffalo. You can probably get a sweet hotel room and a nice dinner AND great tickets to a Habs-Sabres for $391.

akillies

EOG Veteran
come to raleigh, todays Hurricane game has frree tickets. You have to pay for parking so you wont see me there.

ATSDatabase

EOG Enthusiast
You must be a lawyer or something...figure of speech and if you know all the farm team call ups and everything, more power to you.
dryflyheaven said:
"I'm probably one of the biggest die hard hockey fans in Canada when it comes to hockey, I make a living watching and betting hockey...."

"...a $10.00 program to see the lineups."

LoL. Any serious hockey fan would know the lineups for both teams.

I'm with you on the crazy prices though. What can you do? If they can fill the rink with those ticket prices, which they can in Toronto and Montreal, I'm fine watching the games on TV.

Try a road trip to Buffalo. You can probably get a sweet hotel room and a nice dinner AND great tickets to a Habs-Sabres for $391.