49'ers and the Aint's

munson15

I want winners...
Re: 49'ers and the Aint's

If the 49ers don't water down the field they are idiots.

Make it muddy and kill the Saints offense.

Remember when the Raiders did that to the Oilers in a playoff game against Earl Campbell. It was a beautiful day and the field was like it had just rained for days.

It worked ......

Don't know the rules on this, but it would be a huge advantage for the 49ers to make sure the field wasn't in the best of shape.

:pop:
The secret to Oakland Coliseum's surface lies in the fact that the field is below sea level and catches lots of moisture from the nearby Bay. But, Madden and especially Al Davis were always sure to let the other team know that they had no control over the field conditions. So much so, that it seems something besides seepage from the Bay was making the turf muddy. Finally, I always loved watching games there, because the uniforms would be all muddy and dirty, no matter the weather. Ah, the good old days.:yay

J

joeybagadonuts

If the 49ers don't water down the field they are idiots.

Make it muddy and kill the Saints offense.

Remember when the Raiders did that to the Oilers in a playoff game against Earl Campbell. It was a beautiful day and the field was like it had just rained for days.

It worked ......

Don't know the rules on this, but it would be a huge advantage for the 49ers to make sure the field wasn't in the best of shape.

:pop:

Given we haven't had a single drop of rain here in about 2 months, I wouldn't be surprised if they were watering the field a little extra for the game. Candlestick isn't one of those pristine fields so getting away with a little soak down wouldn't seem too hard...

I guess we shall see tomorrow.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'll ask "dsethi" what he knows about the 49ers on tonight's edition of The EOG Sports Hour.

"Dsethi" is more of a college hoop fan than an NFL expert but he lives in the Bay Area and he should offer some insight.

J

joeybagadonuts

I'll ask "dsethi" what he knows about the 49ers on tonight's edition of The EOG Sports Hour.

"Dsethi" is more of a college hoop fan than an NFL expert but he lives in the Bay Area and he should offer some insight.

Don't think D is much of a 9ers fan, fwiw, JK.

You should have had Niner expert, Joeybagadonuts, on before the big game. I will call into the show tonight if I have time and discuss some Niner football.

"Who got it better than us? ........ NOBODY"

:btj:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Wh'at a' gre'at ga'me thi's was a'nd w'hat a'n ama'zin'g fini'sh t'o th'is ga'me. goo'd to' se'e t'he O'P wa's righ't a'nd th'at t'he 49e'rs w'on th'e ga'me al'th'ou'gh i't wa's 'a lo't clo'ser th'an ex'pec'ted

J

joeybagadonuts

Texans cover which is nice, but they could have easily won this game.

Lots of missed chances.

tripp

EOG Master

agree with both again.

I think packers roll pretty easily actually and win by a couple tds

cassiusclay

EOG Master

agree with both again.

I think packers roll pretty easily actually and win by a couple tds

i predicted 60 points in this game......

thought for sure the score would be reverese

pack looked out of sync, never seen them drop so many balls

either way, take the split and move on

nice weekend fellas

nice work weinke2warrick, he went 3-1

where is "spell check winky"?

was hoping he could proof read this before i hit enter

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Packers lost three fumbles yesterday after losing only six in 16 games.

Funny game.